• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Obsessive dieting?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JennVI

I'm a 17 year old girl and I weigh 105 pounds. I'm not fat in any sense, but I can't seem to shake the fear of becoming overweight. All through high school, I've been on a strict diet and some of my friends think I have a slight problem.

My diet is this:
1 strawberry and weight-loss protein smoothie for breakfast
12 almonds as a snack
1 Turkey and lettuce sandwich for lunch (nothing but turkey and lettuce)
And 1 6 oz. piece of grilled chicken or fish for dinner

I can drink any 0 calorie drink I want, so Coke Zero is perfectly fine.

This is my food everyday. It's a completely healthy diet and gives me every nutrient I need and cuts out anything I don't need. I don't mind it at all, but my friends are trying to convince me to stop. Are they right to worry or do they just not understand my line of thinking?

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I want to say thats not very healthy, but I'm not sure, it sounds a bit strict tbh.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I'm no doctor or nutrition expert, but I seriously doubt that gives you all of your daily nutrients . . .

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
No an expert, but I know that what you're doing is completely dangerous.
You need to add quite a bit of things to your diet. There's a such thing as too little.
And, you say you only weigh 105? That's really low. You might want to see a doctor and talk to them about this.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
If you don't take in enough calories, your metabolism is going to slow down, you'r not taking in enough nutrients, and then your body is gonna start burning other tissues instead of just fat a.k.a internal organs and muscle.

You're actually doing yourself more harm than good.

You should at least consume around 1200 - 1500 calories a day. The problem with some people when it comes to losing weight is that they'll go against the factor of actually caring for their bodies in the process. The way your body works is complex and seems like it has a mind of it's own. You have to be willing to work with your body to get it to where you want it to be

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm definitely not a dietitian, but you are NOT taking in enough food a day. Especially since you are a 17 year old female. You need food to help you grow, and you don't stop growing until your 20s. Even if you are taking in the nutrients you need, you should be eating more to make sure your body isn't eating itself.

You are also too young to be taking weight loss shakes.

How tall are you? I weighed 102 in high school (and my doctor told me to gain more weight) and I ate a lot more than you have these last few years. I now weigh 107-108 after taking in more calories. I can't really hold on to 110, but that is because I'm 5'3" and have a fast metabolism, but a healthy weight would be 110 (of mostly muscle and some fat).

It is fine to eat healthy, but you you need more. Spinach, apples, oranges, walnuts, maybe an egg, more berries, beans, maybe a small portion of steak every once and awhile...

Fat is not bad for you. It provides energy to your body, keeps you warm, and acts as cushioning.

JennVI

I'm definitely not a dietitian, but you are NOT taking in enough food a day. Especially since you are a 17 year old female. You need food to help you grow, and you don't stop growing until your 20s. Even if you are taking in the nutrients you need, you should be eating more to make sure your body isn't eating itself.

You are also too young to be taking weight loss shakes.

How tall are you? I weighed 102 in high school (and my doctor told me to gain more weight) and I ate a lot more than you have these last few years. I now weigh 107-108 after taking in more calories. I can't really hold on to 110, but that is because I'm 5'3" and have a fast metabolism, but a healthy weight would be 110 (of mostly muscle and some fat).

It is fine to eat healthy, but you you need more. Spinach, apples, oranges, walnuts, maybe an egg, more berries, beans, maybe a small portion of steak every once and awhile...

Fat is not bad for you. It provides energy to your body, keeps you warm, and acts as cushioning.

I'm 5'1" and naturally small. My sister is even smaller at 92 pounds. I eat two cups of green beans or asparagus with my dinner also.
The man who came up with the eating plan is Charles D'Angelo. He plans everyone's diet on their own individual lifestyle and so I've never felt dizziness or fatigue while on it. During Lacrosse season i've been told to eat more though, especially peanut butter and carbohydrates like pasta, since I practice 6 days a week for 3 hours a day.

You are all right though in that I'm not getting all my nutrients. I'm having calcium deficiency, so I'm drinking milk everyday now. That's not the diet's fault though, it's my own. The only reason I didn't drink it before was because I don't like it :( I'm having some help from my coaches and trainers in boosting my self-confidence levels to try to erase my fear of obesity.

Thanks everyone. I really needed some outside opinions.

D

Deleted member 36435

okay first off:
starvation mode is a myth
your body won't start eating your important shit for energy until you /literally wasting away/
like you are a fucking living skeleton
in fact there are studies that show NOT eating if you are overweight is an incredibly efficient, albeit unpleasant, way to lose weight
Minnesota Starvation Experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

of course you are only 105 pounds. You are probably underweight and should eat more. Your body will burn calories on it's own just from being a body even if you do not exercise at all.
Cut out the weight loss protein shit because that is awful for you and just drink something like an Ensure.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm 5'1" and naturally small. My sister is even smaller at 92 pounds. I eat two cups of green beans or asparagus with my dinner also.
The man who came up with the eating plan is Charles D'Angelo. He plans everyone's diet on their own individual lifestyle and so I've never felt dizziness or fatigue while on it. During Lacrosse season i've been told to eat more though, especially peanut butter and carbohydrates like pasta, since I practice 6 days a week for 3 hours a day.

You are all right though in that I'm not getting all my nutrients. I'm having calcium deficiency, so I'm drinking milk everyday now. That's not the diet's fault though, it's my own. The only reason I didn't drink it before was because I don't like it :( I'm having some help from my coaches and trainers in boosting my self-confidence levels to try to erase my fear of obesity.

Thanks everyone. I really needed some outside opinions.

ew, don't drink milk. drink almond milk. healthier and you get way more calcium. i used to love milk but now when i drink it, it tastes disgusting.

JennVI

ew, don't drink milk. drink almond milk. healthier and you get way more calcium. i used to love milk but now when i drink it, it tastes disgusting.

Haha I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like milk! And thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

x37rnu4

Awards
Haha I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like milk! And thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Oh yes, like Ethnic Woman said. The type of milk is also important. I can't drink whole or 2% milk anymore because I'm so used to soy milk now. They don't taste disgusting to me, just...different. And kinda thick.
But you don't have to worry about being fat ;3 I'm the same age as you and more than 20 pounds heavier - /I'm/ the big one, haha xD
Cool though, you're in lacrosse. I've always wanted to play, but our school doesn't have it xT Good luck in your endeavors, JennVI~

JennVI

Oh yes, like Ethnic Woman said. The type of milk is also important. I can't drink whole or 2% milk anymore because I'm so used to soy milk now. They don't taste disgusting to me, just...different. And kinda thick.
But you don't have to worry about being fat ;3 I'm the same age as you and more than 20 pounds heavier - /I'm/ the big one, haha xD
Cool though, you're in lacrosse. I've always wanted to play, but our school doesn't have it xT Good luck in your endeavors, JennVI~

JennVI

you should be eating at least 3x your daily calorie intake then, especially carbs.

i did soccer and we practice for 3 hrs 6x a week from july to november. even though i ate like beast i still lost an incredible amount of weight. your diet is incredibly under nourishing

So general consensus shows that I should eat more food? Okay :) I'll work on it guys.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
You gotta eat more, look don't be afraid to eat carb snacks, just don't eat alot of them. I lost 80 pounds last year because I stopped eating so many carbs, and started eating healthier foods. And plus my dance show helped me out to, but you have to get some other foods in there, more snacky foods like Chex Mix/Chips.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
They're all very small. I'm not sure anything that small of a meal gives you nutrients, but eh, that's just an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back