• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Oblivion's Keychain

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
What is the meaning of Oblivion's key chain?
I know this is the wrong section or been talked about before ,but has a real answer been given? We know Oathkeeper's is Kari's lucky charm, but what does it mean or look like?

oblivion.png
Maybe it's Riku's Lucky Charm? 0_0​

KeyMaker

Hmm, well what we know is that it represents the Riku in Soras heart. I also know that the keyblade's Head-Piece(or Key's Teeth) is actually the kanji for Darkness.
I just guessed it was a keyblade of darkness to counter or balance the light of the oathkeeper.

KH29

Well the Keychain looks like Sora's necklace but Black. So I always assumed it was referring to th part of Riku in Sora's Heart. OathKeeper is the part of Kairi that is in Sora. I wonder if hey will make one using his necklace?

Sensei Abby

I wonder if hey will make one using his necklace?

Actually they have, its the kingdom key.

Anyways. yeah, its basically representing the Darkness which is the contrast of the Oathkeeper

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
oO; KK's Keychain has nothing to do with Sora's necklace.
That's wholly Oblivion, which makes a lot of people including myself believe that Riku was the one that gave the necklace to Sora.
Wonder if there's a short story telling where he got it from or not.

Fun fact about the Oathkeeper - general design aside (blunt over-usage of White and yellow), most often it'll be found with Namine's Paopu-shaped Good Luck charm rather than Kairi's sea-shell charm XD

Kari :)

Actually they have, its the kingdom key.

Anyways. yeah, its basically representing the Darkness which is the contrast of the Oathkeeper

um no his necklace is a crown and the Kingdom Key's keychain is the main disney theme (mickey mouse's head and ears) . . . duh

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
To be fair, the Oathkeeper is a nice example for how the original item that made the Keychain isn't necessarily what ends up on the Keyblade itself (from Kairi's sea shell charm, to Namine's Paopu charm).
Not saying the KK was made from Sora's necklace, but shape alone isn't enough to kill something like this, especially seeing how the crown shape is still very much present on the KK :nahnah:

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
i believe that the necklace symbol is the sign of the keybearers in KH1, sora and riku.
sora = light
riku = darkness

lame theory,i know...

Cissy

Bronze Member
The teeth of the KK are shaped like the crown (in the negative space) anyway.

I like SA's theory, that Riku gave Sora the necklace. It would make a nice story.

Well, here's another theory to consider: let's just assume, for the sake of theory, that Sora's crown symbol represents himself. Now, Sora owns a silver crown necklace, and the Oblivion has a black crown symbol as it's keychain. Perhaps, then, the dark crown represents how in KH1, Riku was like Sora's shadow, or opposite. It doesn't represent "darkness" essentially, but the existence of two opposite people.

~Kh fAnaTic~

Its the opposte of the Kingdom Key instead of locking or unlocking the light or in a keyhole. It brings out the deepest darkness in a persons heart. Like when Ansem/Riku stabbed Malificient in the heart that morphed her into a dragon.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Its the opposte of the Kingdom Key instead of locking or unlocking the light or in a keyhole. It brings out the deepest darkness in a persons heart. Like when Ansem/Riku stabbed Malificient in the heart that morphed her into a dragon.

You're REALLY off track. What you're talking about is the Heart Unlocker.

narf.jpg

We're talking about this -

7.jpg

The Oblivion is the Keyblade you get in Hollow Bastion in the chest right across from the Keyhole to Darkness, on the platform in the room where the PoHs were held.

SORA619

Awards
it means death??when u fight heartless riku in hollow bastion,he says sometimes ''come to oblivion''do you think it has somethin to do with this?because u find the keychain in this room :s

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
it means death??when u fight heartless riku in hollow bastion,he says sometimes ''come to oblivion''do you think it has somethin to do with this?because u find the keychain in this room :s

You don't get to his room until CoM XD;;;
I kind of resent them for naming it Oblivion, since Oblivion means forgetting, but the Keyblade's original Japanese name means something along the lines of Memories Past. Adding Sora's Necklace being the keychain to the fact there's a chain running along the blade (Chains of Memories, hm?) it's supposed to represent Sora's Memories of Riku, only Riku fell into the Darkness so the Keyblade shows it as well >:
If we call it Oblivion though, it loses its meaning =_=

tacochance

Am i the only one thats connecting the oblivions keyblade to castle oblivion? ya know, if you think about it this way, there are 9 keyblade bearers, Riku, Sora, Mickey, Roxas, Kairi (she had one in KH2) Terra, Ven, Aqua, and the 14th member (who is possibly riku's nobody)

TomboyInDarkness

Am i the only one thats connecting the oblivions keyblade to castle oblivion? ya know, if you think about it this way, there are 9 keyblade bearers, Riku, Sora, Mickey, Roxas, Kairi (she had one in KH2) Terra, Ven, Aqua, and the 14th member (who is possibly riku's nobody)

Whoa, you seriously think that the 14th member could be Riku's nobody.I never heard that before:huh:

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Whoa, you seriously think that the 14th member could be Riku's nobody.I never heard that before:huh:
Don't belive it. The reason you've never heard it is because it's not true. In order to have a nobody two conditions must be met.
  1. A person must lose their hearts
  2. A person must have a strong heart
Riku never lost his heart. That means that there is no Nobody.
By the way I no preaching to you TomboyInDarkness I talking those who keep spreading rumors like this. So don't take it personally, by the way cool avatar nice Shamen king picture.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Am i the only one thats connecting the oblivions keyblade to castle oblivion?

Yes.
It's a translations error; they're not called the same in Japanese.

ya know, if you think about it this way, there are 9 keyblade bearers

I'll be nice and let you have 8 of those, despite Xion's Keyblade hinted to be fake.
The Keyblade Kairi used in KH2 was Riku's. He was the one that created and maintained the Keyblade; Kairi simply waved it around.

gamenern

The Keyblade Kairi used in KH2 was Riku's. He was the one that created and maintained the Keyblade; Kairi simply waved it around.

not trying to look smarter than you, but wouldn't the keyblade kairi used, if it was riku's keyblade, return to riku immediately???? remember when leon tried to swing the kk in KH1, it returned to sora without sora knowing. i mean, that kinda threw me off when you said that. could ya please clear it up?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
not trying to look smarter than you

Good luck.

but wouldn't the keyblade kairi used, if it was riku's keyblade, return to riku immediately????

Deep Dive, Roxas letting Riku use the Oblivion for the duration of their battle against the Neo Shadows and then for their fight. Riku at that time had no Keyblade of his own - part of why Roxas even had to give him the Oblivion to use. Should the Wielder wish, the Keyblade could be used by someone else, it appears - yet the one sustaining it would be the Wielder, not the User, should we call it.

Oh and I just remembered - Sora using Riku's Way to Dawn. Mmhm.

remember when leon tried to swing the kk in KH1, it returned to sora without sora knowing. i mean, that kinda threw me off when you said that. could ya please clear it up?

1) With Leon it was an extreme since Sora had just gotten the Keyblade. Both Sora and the Keyblade were probably going on instinct then once Leon swung it around. Also, keep in mind the Keyblade seemed just fine being materialized yet away from Sora, indicating it could indeed remain present though away from its Master. Leon using it gave it a good enough of a reason to teleport back.
2) Second case in point would be Jack Sparrow in KH2, but that one was obviously intentional. Even if Sora didn't actively call it back and only went according to what happened in KH1 with Leon, fact remains that he did not wish for the Keyblade to remain with Jack, thus - it didn't.
Then we have the entire issue that neither Leon nor Jack could probably Wield, while Kairi had the entire PoH-thus-related-to-Keyblades thing going for her if not her getting something from her Heart being in such close proximity to Sora's for so long. Not saying she has her own Keyblade, but it makes much more sense that she'd be able to Use a Keyblade at all compared with other people - as long as Riku was willing.

As for us never seeing it returning to Riku, we've never even saw the Keyblade for more than 3 seconds. It obviously wasn't important enough to show where it went to.
Facts remain that it was Riku that gave it to Kairi, and the novels that explain where it popped up from to begin with, again - being Riku.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back