• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► NY Trip Problem

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Me and a couple of my friends are trying to all go down to NY for 2 days and we have everything planned out with how to get there and where we can stay at and what were gonna do. But my problem is my parents, they arent letting me go cause there wont be any adults and its kinda far from where I live about 4 hours I think. Where all 16 except for my friends cousin whos 18 and its not like im a bad kid or anything and my friends arent either but my parents think something could happen and my aunt is trying to convince my mom that their junkies or something since shes (my aunt) has never seen them. Their not even close to that, the only way I could describe them is that their nerds. Im not stupid or reckless or anything but my parents wont let me go, anyone know how I could convince them otherwise?

State

Awards
Did you try telling them that your friend's cousin is 18? And if they still say "No.", try convincing again. If to no avail, they're just being protective (assuming they don't know your friends and, hence, can't trust "random Joes").

Love Machine

strut strut strut
4 hours isnt that far...

Just keep trying to convince them, but don't push it too far to where it seems as if you're nagging at them.

State

Awards
4 hours isnt that far...
You share a most reasonable point, my good sir. Also, can't one of them come along with you (or someone they know)?

ChaoticHeart

Wandering aimlessly through the blind eternities..
Dude I'm 18 and my parents still try to stop me going places (not that it works xD) I'd say make a compromise with them, like if you have some relatives or whatnot near where you could be staying let them check up on you, or promise your parents you'll ring them a few times during the day, or just bring a cool adult like an aunt or uncle or godparent, always works.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Its only for one night and I have no relatives over there but I guess ill try to make a compromise and see if that works thanks .

ChaoticHeart

Wandering aimlessly through the blind eternities..
If it's only for one night then try to prove your maturity to your parents, I thought you were planning on like a weekend or something, show them you can be trusted by doing your jobs/chores around the house, maybe go grocery shopping for them to give them a chance to chill, great way to earn brownie points.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
If it's only for one night then try to prove your maturity to your parents, I thought you were planning on like a weekend or something, show them you can be trusted by doing your jobs/chores around the house, maybe go grocery shopping for them to give them a chance to chill, great way to earn brownie points.

Its two days and one night and I dont have a car so I cant do that, were gonna be taking a bus to get down there but ill see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back