• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Numbered Releases

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

How should future KH games be named?

• Numbered releases (KH4, KH5, KH6)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Titled releases (BBS, DDD, COM)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A combination of the 2

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Awards
So there is some discussion and good points on both sides relative to whether the KH series should continue with the numbered entries (KH1, KH2, KH3) or from here on stick to subtitled entries (COM, DDD, BBS, Days). I am curious to see everyone's opinions on that. Should the series continue with numbered entries, and only use numbered entries from now on? Should the series only use subtitled entries from now on? Should the series continue to do both, knowing that the subtitled entries will probably always be viewed as "side games" from casual fans (even though there has never been a true side game in the series to date)? Or, something else?

Personally, if each game from here on is going to be important to the overall plot of the game, we should probably only stick to numbered releases from now on. However, I kind of like the titles that have the actual title instead of just the number. If I had my way, KH2 would have been renamed to something like "Kingdom Hearts: The Path to Twilight" or something (lame name, I know) and kH3 would have had a different name too (kH: Dark Seeker Saga or something). What are your thoughts?

KeybladeOrder

Awards
Personally, I'm fine with a mix of both as long as they rein it in going forward. For me the ideal would be a numbered game, 1-2 titled games, followed by the next numbered game, like how we had KH1, Chain of Memories, and then KH2. I like the mix, I just think in the future they should avoid having 5+ titled games come out between numbered releases like with the gap between II and III.

Void_Gear

I think the games should be Numbered if it advances the main story significantly i. e. continues Sora, Riku, and Kairi's story, AND it's on a main console on release, like Ps4/XBONE/Switch/PC rather than 3DS/VITA/Mobile
Just imagine if we got numbers the whole time. BBS would be KH 0, 0.2 would be the same, but then what would the Chi games be then? -1?
And 358/2 Days would be both 0.9 and 1.5, since it takes place from the end of KHI right up til KH2. And just think, Coded would be KH3! However, from now on I just wish we could only get one inbewtween game at the most. Having like 8 games in between 2 and 3 was just ridiculous.

Back