• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► Now that UX has officially ended, how would you like to see the story preserved after the app shutsdown?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’d take a single player turn based RPG with the HD-2D art style of Octopath Traveler. I’d love to see any KH content in that style tbh and I think UX would work well for it. It might be something they could get out quicker than something with KH3’s graphics too.

maaaaybe??? HD-2D still a 3D game made in UE. I guess it wouldn’t require high quality assets but it is still rough work.

Uh uh, nope. UE or bust.
You will get MOM style games and enjoy them, sir

(I agree, but I am trying to think of a way where we get this game before 2027 during the water wars)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
maaaaybe??? HD-2D still a 3D game made in UE. I guess it wouldn’t require high quality assets but it is still rough work.

You will get MOM style games and enjoy them, sir

(I agree, but I am trying to think of a way where we get this game before 2027 during the water wars)
No more MoM style games please. No more Unity. No more blurry moon jpeg in Neverland.

Ux in UE gives them the chance to get a bunch of assets (Disney worlds, Daybreak Town, Scala) all done that can be reused and built off of in future games with ease.

Plus we’re going to need character models for a bunch of these characters so making them in UE instead of Unity would be preferable.

I view a Ux remake as fantastic future proofing for the series due to the asset creation for it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ok but I also meant in terms of quest number and stuff
First Visit: 25~34
Second: 67~76
Third: 131~160
Fourth: 251~275
Fifth: 556~585
Sixth: 736~790 (end)

Total: 154/979 quests

Katsagu

Awards
Full blown KH game.

The cutscenes of this game just are way to static to be properly enjoyed as the game is now (not taking anything away from the dev team, just the style doesn't lend well to such lengthy cutscenes), so only leaving the cutscenes as is on an app feels a bit meh to em. A movie like Back Cover would probably not work, due to the sheer volume of stuff they have to add in there.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Video games are to be played, not watched. I wish they would make a rebalanced console version.
I'm not even bothered by grinds in games, but I am bothered by the fact that it literally requires you to kill your device's battery to do the grind. Like cool. Let me just nuke my highly expensive smart device for you DR. No biggie.
Investing in a $50 Kindle Fire & leaving it plugged in all day is practically a requirement.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Remaking the game in UE is a tremendous task,I think that's wishful thinking, if they don't cut a lot of content at least.

Either way in my opinion everything is still there: Lots of enemies, lots of worlds, lots of different attacks, even more avatar costumization than Re:coded and a good story that is completley animated already. Basically all that needs to be done is to revamp the combat mechanics aka Chain of Memories, streamline the quests, reintroduce the open world and diversify the gameplay, make more sense of Keyblade upgrades, medals, add some QoL features like a journal and that's it. Since the game uses scalable graphics it wouldn't even look blurry if they wanted it too

the red monster

Awards
I’d take a single player turn based RPG with the HD-2D art style of Octopath Traveler.
No thanks. i hate it.

KH3 artstyle movie/game or nothing.
the old one was ok because it was on older consoles. now they have no excuse to not keep using UE4.

Willow A113

Awards
Remaking the game in UE is a tremendous task,I think that's wishful thinking, if they don't cut a lot of content at least.

Either way in my opinion everything is still there: Lots of enemies, lots of worlds, lots of different attacks, even more avatar costumization than Re:coded and a good story that is completley animated already. Basically all that needs to be done is to revamp the combat mechanics aka Chain of Memories, streamline the quests, reintroduce the open world and diversify the gameplay, make more sense of Keyblade upgrades, medals, add some QoL features like a journal and that's it. Since the game uses scalable graphics it wouldn't even look blurry if they wanted it too
A remake would be nice, but I'll accept this. I just want this game to not be forgotten and for new players to not skip it.

Chie

Awards
the old one was ok because it was on older consoles. now they have no excuse to not keep using UE4.
This attitude is how we get to the point where every single studio game takes five years to make. In 15 years, will you consider KH3's art to be unacceptably outdated?

the red monster

Awards
This attitude is how we get to the point where every single studio game takes five years to make. In 15 years, will you consider KH3's art to be unacceptably outdated?
Umm, no.
toy story came out in 1995 and it still looks great.
the artstyle right now is perfect in my opinion, which is why i want them to stick with it and naturally upgrade it over time, but not to completely change it.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm of the belief that a cutscene movie in UE4 is the most likely scenario. They'd definitely have to cut a lot of corners and re-write parts of the script to achieve conciseness, but this is how they preserved Coded and Days, and even then they were perfectly happy to reduce entire parts of those games to narrated text. I see no reason to believe they'll decide this time to make a full-fledged remake. The only time they did something like that was for Re:CoM and that back in what... 2006/2007?

Who knows how they'd release such a thing. My guess would be added content to a III.5 next-gen type deal to get people who already own KH3/ReMind/MoM to buy them yet again. Otherwise could come bundled with the next mainline release.

Also the question of a canon Player still trips me up lol

Chie

Awards
The only time they did something like that was for Re:CoM and that back in what... 2006/2007?
A full remake is exactly what re:coded was. I guess people don't remember anymore that coded was a cell phone game, just like UX? That's why it seems a bit out of place in its position post-BBS, it originally was made after KH2 and the stuff acknowledging Days/BBS was added in the remake. But since the phone version can't be played, re:coded becomes where coded is placed if you are playing the series in order. A Re:UX would serve a similar purpose, since coded and UX were both released episode by episode over a time period instead of having a proper 'release date' for playing.

the red monster

Awards
I'm of the belief that a cutscene movie in UE4 is the most likely scenario. They'd definitely have to cut a lot of corners and re-write parts of the script to achieve conciseness, but this is how they preserved Coded and Days, and even then they were perfectly happy to reduce entire parts of those games to narrated text. I see no reason to believe they'll decide this time to make a full-fledged remake. The only time they did something like that was for Re:CoM and that back in what... 2006/2007?

Who knows how they'd release such a thing. My guess would be added content to a III.5 next-gen type deal to get people who already own KH3/ReMind/MoM to buy them yet again. Otherwise could come bundled with the next mainline release.

Also the question of a canon Player still trips me up lol
Yep that's what i'm thinking.
3.5 reveal next year at the anniversary, coming with UX movie to make the bundle worth it for people who already own those games. maybe even TGS reveal, who knows.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
How would you feel about this?

Gameplay graphics like DDD HD or MoM

Some disney scenes that don't have the player in it in CGI (Wreck it Ralph diving into Volcano scene or Gaston's death) like the Frozen cutscenes in KH3

Daybreak Town scenes that just focus on the Fortellers or new Leaders in Unreal Engine graphics

the red monster

Awards

Some disney scenes that don't have the player in it in CGI (Wreck it Ralph diving into Volcano scene or Gaston's death) like the Frozen cutscenes in KH3

Daybreak Town scenes that just focus on the Fortellers or new Leaders in Unreal Engine graphics
The entire game would feel out of place. they need something more consistent.
but it could make sense if they want it running on the switch.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
A full remake is exactly what re:coded was. I guess people don't remember anymore that coded was a cell phone game, just like UX? That's why it seems a bit out of place in its position post-BBS, it originally was made after KH2 and the stuff acknowledging Days/BBS was added in the remake. But since the phone version can't be played, re:coded becomes where coded is placed if you are playing the series in order. A Re:UX would serve a similar purpose, since coded and UX were both released episode by episode over a time period instead of having a proper 'release date' for playing.
The original coded also had the nods to Days and BBS. It was an episodic game, and the final episode containing those references was released after BBS was so it didn't cause any disruptions.

Commissioning Visual Works for CG is actually very expensive. If they have the budget for that, it'd be more preferable to invest it in the rest of the game.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

That is a way to go about it, but if they went with a CGI movie like Back Cover, they would already have a lot of the models and could make ones they'll need for later games anyways. Like they already made Day Break Town and a sizable chunk of Scala Ad Caelum, so if they wanted to skip the Disney stuff, they wouldn't even have to do all that much.

And if they do remake some of the DIsney worlds, they could most likely reuse them in future games, seeing I feel quite a few of them might make a return eventually.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
No thanks. i hate it.

Sorry, I just think that sounds terribly boring for them to only have one art style for the rest of the series. I get the appeal of consistency and I might agree with you if we were talking about a brand-new, mainline entry, but KH has a lot of potential to explore different genres and styles now that the Xehanort saga is over. We have the Quadratum stuff exploring a more realistic style, so I’d be excited to see what they could do going in the opposite direction.

The KH3 style works well for the worlds based on CG movies, but after seeing the Hercules characters in UE4, I’m not as confident with the handling of 2D properties in that style, which most UX worlds are. But I’d even be down for a bit of a hybrid situation taking after DQXI’s ability to swap between 2D and 3D modes. Have Daybreak Town (and maybe Wreck-It Ralph) be fully explorable in the KH3 style, but when they use the Book of Prophecies to enter a Disney world, switch to a 2D classic style like going into a storybook or something. That’s just a rough concept for sure, but anything along those lines that does something different from what we’ve already seen in the series would be welcome.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
That’s true, I’ll admit this slipped my mind. But to echo a previous point you’ve made, production costs were substantially lower back then and handheld games were booming. It’s certainly not inconceivable that Square might just outsource the development for a budget remake, but I just can’t really see them doing that? Like sure they technically remade Coded, but then they still had to re-remake it as a movie anyway lol

I guess MoM is a more recent example of a budget title, but all the new story content was still made in UE4 in spite of that.

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
Sorry, I just think that sounds terribly boring for them to only have one art style for the rest of the series. I get the appeal of consistency and I might agree with you if we were talking about a brand-new, mainline entry, but KH has a lot of potential to explore different genres and styles now that the Xehanort saga is over. We have the Quadratum stuff exploring a more realistic style, so I’d be excited to see what they could do going in the opposite direction.

The KH3 style works well for the worlds based on CG movies, but after seeing the Hercules characters in UE4, I’m not as confident with the handling of 2D properties in that style, which most UX worlds are. But I’d even be down for a bit of a hybrid situation taking after DQXI’s ability to swap between 2D and 3D modes. Have Daybreak Town (and maybe Wreck-It Ralph) be fully explorable in the KH3 style, but when they use the Book of Prophecies to enter a Disney world, switch to a 2D classic style like going into a storybook or something. That’s just a rough concept for sure, but anything along those lines that does something different from what we’ve already seen in the series would be welcome.
I mean i won't mind something like winnie the pooh KH3 style for 2D disney worlds. but i really strongly dislike the octopath art style if that's what you aiming for.

Back