• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Now Hiring (Podcast Crew, Web Comic Creator) [FOR FINAL FANTASY WEBSITE] Due: Dec 8th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Earliar Thread said:
The fine folks behind KHInsider.com are in the preliminary stages of creating a site of equitable quality related to the Final Fantasy series.

We aren't getting into the specifics of the site at all, for obvious reasons.

We are looking for three staff members to contribute their talent to the site in various ways, two of the three positions MUST be filled.

Podcast Manager - Runs, Edits, Publishes the Podcasts

Requirements:
-Excellent audio (and perhaps video) recording/editing skills and obviously, a mic. You will be participating in, editing, and publishing the podcast for us. We expect good work.
-Lots of time on your hands - this podcast will be once every three weeks.
-Knowledge and passion on the Final Fantasy Series. Obviously, its a Final Fantasy podcast, you need to be able to talk about the series, if you aren't enjoying it, the listeners won't.
-A good speaking voice, entertaining - it's a podcast. If your voice makes people cringe or you come off as boring, well then, the podcast wouldn't be very great would it.

Podcast Crew - One of the podcaster's, duh
-Lots of time on your hands - this podcast will be once every three weeks.
-Knowledge and passion on the Final Fantasy Series. Obviously, its a Final Fantasy podcast, you need to be able to talk about the series, if you aren't enjoying it, the listeners won't.
-A good speaking voice, entertaining - it's a podcast. If your voice makes people cringe or you come off as boring, well then, the podcast wouldn't be very great would it.

General requirements - a sense of maturity. We like people over sixteen, but there's no age requirement for this, if someone younger can prove their worth, we'd love to have them on board. Also, we like people with vaginas, since they attract lots of nerds to listen, but if you don't have one we won't hold it against you.

Note: If you apply for the manager position and don't get in, you will immediately be added to the top of the crew stack, so don't worry about that small detail.

Webcomic Designer
Requirements: You will create a web comic for the site once every two weeks. The web comic will obviously be Final Fantasy related. Does this sound like a lot of work, it shouldn't. Check out some of these comics:
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/nomore.png
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/timetraveler5.png
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Kris/waving.png

They literally crank these comics out once a day. Why? The art is good, but the comics do not have any detail, so they are easy to do. This is literally the minimum art detail I am asking someone to do, stuff can look good without doing a lot of work. Most importantly however, they are funny, so the two requirements:

-Must make good art (duh).
-Must be intelligent and funny, you are writing these yourselves as well.
-Knowledge of and passion for Final Fantasy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitting:

Real Life Name: figure it out
M/F: figure it out
Why do you wanna do this: self explanatory
Previous work: not so self explanatory

Okay, so, the work portion. For the web comic position, I'd obviously like to see your art, maybe you've made a comic before, that would be even better.

For the podcasting position, a lot of people don't have previous work, if you do, that's freaking sweet. Grab me a podcast or a recorded conversation you've been on. (For the manager position: If you've edited a piece of audio or music before, show that, that'd be sweet too.) If you haven't, then you might have some trouble. What I'd recommend is record yourself talking about Final Fantasy, anything about Final Fantasy - it can be witty, interesting, analytical, comical, but most importantly, make sure its entertaining, and just send that piece of audio in the submission.

For either position, even beyond these pieces of work, you can additionally submit anything you've worked on before, literally anything. We just wan't to see if you've done anything else. Been a moderator? Tell us where. Wrote for a site, tell us. Any youtube videos? Show us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benefits: We are not kidding when we say this site will seriously be awesome. You will be a huge part of the premiere Final Fantasy site on the web.

Furthermore, both Oathy (Retired KHInsider Staff) and myself can attest to the fact that work like this really does make you an internet celebrity. Oathy literally has fan boys and girls, literally. I can post days old news, but if Oathy is talking about it, it will get twice the hits. She has had people come up to her and recognize her in real life, that's pretty damned cool.

Your work will get thousands of views and coverage, which is pretty sweet. Better then posting it anywhere else and not have people see it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private message your submissions to me. DO NOT send questions my way, post all questions here, that way, we won't get repeat questions.

Last edited:

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Now Hiring (Podcast Crew, Web Comic Creator) [FOR FINAL FANTASY WEBSITE]

Oh, right. Entries will be judged by Shamdeo, Silh, and myself.

D

Deleted member 36435

I will probably consider sending in an application for web comic.
I assume you'd want a sample comic sent in?

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I would consider applying to either of these, but the only FF games I've played are Crisis Core and Dissidia LOL

You don't have to have played a lot of games to necessarily be good at this.

Euphoria

I've been here for 8 years. Wot?
Awards

I would totally do the web comic if I had more time/better knowledge of FF, than I do now. :C

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I will probably consider sending in an application for web comic.
I assume you'd want a sample comic sent in?

If you'd make one just for your submission, that'd be lovely.

I would totally do the web comic if I had more time/better knowledge of FF, than I do now. :C

Well, I'm glad there was a slight chance. =x

Sabrina made a good point, you don't necessarily have to have art skills to create a web comic, for example, someone could make a web comic using Final Fantasy sprites. Although, using photoshop is still art skills.

Nine-Tailed Fox

?˖✧ Army of One ✧˖?
Awards
Website
sailorstar-fox.livejournal.com

I might apply for a Podcaster. :3

I find doing Podcasts to be rather amusing and interesting, so it sounds like a fun job overall.
I guess i'll go work on my application. ~

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards

I might apply for a Podcaster. :3

I find doing Podcasts to be rather amusing and interesting, so it sounds like a fun job overall.
I guess i'll go work on my application. ~

lmao Star-chan we should totally do it together! *U*

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I just recorded myself for my application. Is that alright?
I did it all in one sitting and was for some reason nervous of my dad coming in and ruining it soooo I forgot to mention some games.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Question: Do you guys plan on only having one person do the podcast? If not, then how are you going to do it?

The podcast team is going to be a team of four. Three podcasters and one manager, who will also be a podcaster obviously. I want to have two guys and two girls, with the occasional guest participant.

I just recorded myself for my application. Is that alright?

Of course it's alright. =D Just send it over whenever you be comfortable.

Nine-Tailed Fox

?˖✧ Army of One ✧˖?
Awards
Website
sailorstar-fox.livejournal.com

The podcast team is going to be a team of four. Three podcasters and one manager, who will also be a podcaster obviously. I want to have two guys and two girls, with the occasional guest participant.

Ah, okay.

Sorry to be a bother, but I have one last question: How are you going to record it? The only way I came up with was Skype...?

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

How are you going to record it? The only way I came up with was Skype...?

That's exactly it! We'll schedule a time to get everyone on Skype.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

so I'm curious

why don't we have a podcast going for us...anymore

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com

Because lack of commitment and Joe is a massive faggot from last i heard.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com

I wish I could, but I don't know enough about Final Fantasy as a whole. Not to mention I've never made a Podcast.

Good luck to all who submit entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back