• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Now for all those who played BBS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
BBS is great. Gameplay is great, but VERY overwhelming in Japanese. I have no idea what I am equiping 90% of the time (English version will fix that though) and the difficulty is pretty good. The bosses are pretty easy but the American version will fix that.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
uh ok

neither do i

Okay, according to the ultimania of BBS, i'm supposed to be around level 25 or 26 by the time I get to Terra's final boss. Now if I was to do tons of leveling and get myself to level 35 or something and then fight him, then yeah it's going to be easy. But that's why your supposed to go through the main game first and then do optional stuff. If just playing the main game, no tons of leveling up, then the game is pretty hard on proud mode.

Seriously Terranort killed me like 10 or 12 times on proud everytime I play before I can beat him.

I think you have too high of a standard for what difficulty KH should be, they have to balance it for younger kids too ya know.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Really, the final boss was just the same as everything else in the game.

Guard, counter, wait for attack and guard it, counter, etc.

And I'm not particularly talented at twitch or heavy action games.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Really, the final boss was just the same as everything else in the game.

Guard, counter, wait for attack and guard it, counter, etc.

And I'm not particularly talented at twitch or heavy action games.

You make one wrong mistake in the final battle and it can result in being killed. Sure guarding and counter are needed for the battle, and yes I agree it is a little repetitive but it's balanced out by the fact that if you didn't have counter and guard it would be death after death after death after death. So you really have to keep a watch on the final bosses and think fast as to not get caught in their attack.

And that's good enough for me. What I think was really the biggest problem with the bosses was that they all need more HP. Terranort in Terra's story should atleast have 1200 HP, Sparky should have atleast 700, The Magic Mirror should have had atleast 500. Vanitas Unmasked should have had atleast 900.

Give the bosses more HP, Give each scenario about 4 or 5 more bosses, and add one more world to the game and I would say BBS is perfect.

But still BBS like it is, is still better than KH2 and Days. I would say it's on the same level if not slightly higher than COM and KH1.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
That "difficulty" with the Terranort battle isn't something that's consistent or rising throughout the game, and that's what the gameplay severely lacks. Now, I've seen the North American screenshots of some of the boss fights and it looks like they haven't changed the boss health at all. Hopefully then some attacks will break your guard, or at least they'll nerf a lot of the overpowered abilities your characters get after a while.

I mean, you've seen Terra's final combo maneuver. I don't see how that move (amongst many) is anything other than ridiculously overpowered.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
That "difficulty" with the Terranort battle isn't something that's consistent or rising throughout the game, and that's what the gameplay severely lacks. Now, I've seen the North American screenshots of some of the boss fights and it looks like they haven't changed the boss health at all. Hopefully then some attacks will break your guard, or at least they'll nerf a lot of the overpowered abilities your characters get after a while.

I mean, you've seen Terra's final combo maneuver. I don't see how that move (amongst many) is anything other than ridiculously overpowered.

Well yes, they said they would curve the power of some of the attacks TAV can do, and thank God for that. And I agree some attacks were overpowered, and I admit I am dissapointed they didn't give the bosses the HP they had in older screenshots (Lucifer had 800 originaly, Sparky had 700, and Gantu had a 1000) originaly.

But overall I think the difficulty is acceptable, better than KH2 anyways and that's really all I was expecting it to be. So i'm not dissapoitned too much, just slightly.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Well, as I said before in this thread is that BBS is pretty much what we've come to expect out of KH with it's srengths and shortcomings. So if you're inclined to like KH because it's KH then you'll like BBS.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Well, as I said before in this thread is that BBS is pretty much what we've come to expect out of KH with it's srengths and shortcomings. So if you're inclined to like KH because it's KH then you'll like BBS.

Well to each his own I guess, I still say BBS is better than KH2 and Days, and probably on the same level as COM and KH1.

7_Arch_Angels

Well honestly, I'm quite bored with the Vanitas battle.. It's just too many of them (except the Vanitas Sentiment. Now, that rocks! :) ). So if we can win the Ven vs Van battle, we are guaranteed to win all Van battles in Aqua's story..

And I agree with the guard - counter thing. In KH2 FM, we had to do another thing besides hitting each boss' HP (remember Demyx and Luxord battle?). This time, all we need to do is just guard-counter them.. Quite boring for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back