• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Now for all those who played BBS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azrael

.....had some degree of disappointment with the final product compared to what the early trailers hinted?

What are your opinions?

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I haven't played BbS personally, but I would say that the storyline definitely lives up to my expectations. If the gameplay is as fun as it looks in gameplay videos I've watched, I think it might be my overall favorite game in the series.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Over all I am just slightly dissapointed in BBS, and mostly due to the bosses, I think the bosses should have had a little more HP, and their needed to be atleast 17 bosses per scenario.

Other than that I don't have too many complaints on BBS, so overall I say it's probably my favorite KH so far.

Spire

I would've liked to see an online multiplayer mode that didn't require a PS3 to use...

Other than that, BBS is pretty damn awesome IMO.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Haven't PLAYED the game, but from the plot, I'd say BBS exceeded my expectations and really renewed my love for the KH franchise. It's by far my favorite KH game thus far in plot. Each scenario was done wonderfully and the way the scenarios melded in together and branched off on their own was done exceptionally well.

Not to mention, the villains were great; Master Xehanort really showed himself superior to the previous Xehanorts we've been familiar with and showed a man gone twisted for what had been noble goals. And Vanitas is by far my favorite villain in the KH series.

The heroes were also major badasses in comparison to the regular KH crews. Ven is already my favorite (good guy) Sora clone, and maybe favorite male character in general. Terra's decent into darkness was interesting to see. And Aqua? The gal made herself my favorite character in mere days. :3

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I agree with...everything VirgilTheart said. Haven't played the game either, though I'd say the difficulty was a bit disappointing. Especially with Vanitas Sentiment. I also would've liked to see more boss battles. But other than that, I'm perfectly happy with it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I agree with VT. And that there could have been more bosses and maybe had a Notre Dame world. Forget Pinocchio like I had earlier.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Yeah after doing everything possible in the game I think it's a pretty amazing game.
Aside from KH2FM, I'd say it's the best KH game I've played thus far.
The story goes back to the roots of the first KH in that it's darker than the spin offs and 2 were.
Personally I also enjoy the gameplay mechanics as well and the Mirage Arena was a nice addition, although I do think making it as easy as hooking up with a player via ad Hoc to get the Ultima weapon is a bit of a let down cause it shouldn't be that easy.

Beyer

I think BBS lived up to my expectations. Apart from the heartless issue (Nomura should have just kept heartless 100% out instead of that whole crap he pulled) and a small part of MX possessing Terra scene that made me go ugh, I love this game. Haven't played it yet, or maybe even ever (don't have a PSP) but it really looks great.
Vanitas was better than expected, as was Aqua and the endings for the characters were great, ESPECIALLY Aquas!
All just my opinion though.

Aquaman OS

I thought it was much better than expected. The story was great this time and Aqua didn't go the way of Xion like I feared.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Over all I am just slightly dissapointed in BBS, and mostly due to the bosses, I think the bosses should have had a little more HP, and their needed to be atleast 17 bosses per scenario.

Other than that I don't have too many complaints on BBS, so overall I say it's probably my favorite KH so far.

I think HP isn't the problem, it's that the bosses don't do enough to defend themselves. Though many who complained about the Secret Boss in BBS missed the point, it wasn't a boss battle, it was a 'puzzle'.

A

Azrael

I think they should've eliminated the whole Heartless retcon thing though.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I think HP isn't the problem, it's that the bosses don't do enough to defend themselves. Though many who complained about the Secret Boss in BBS missed the point, it wasn't a boss battle, it was a 'puzzle'.

I liked how the bosses HP were originaly, Like Gantu in earlier screenshots had 1000 hp, Lucifer had 800 hp, I think they should have kept the original HP's.

I still wish they would have added atleast one more Disney World and added 3 or 4 more bosses to each scenario and then the game would have been perfect.

But all in all, BBS is still my favorite KH game.

I think they should've eliminated the whole Heartless retcon thing though.

I agree, the whole heartless have always existed in the realm of darkness thing was alright with me, as long as it was made clear that they can't pass through the realm of light. But the whole people like MX who's hearts are stained in darkness can summon them, that was a little cheap. But i'm glad they explained it atleast.

Now if they would have done that without an explanation I would have been mad, but they explained it so i'm fine with it.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
.....had some degree of disappointment with the final product compared to what the early trailers hinted?

What are your opinions?

My impressions.

+ Ability system was nice because it was customizable, albeit direct rip from Crisis Core.
+ An actual effort to get some platforming back into the series for the most part.
+ Soundtrack is great, probably my favorite from Shimomura thusfar.
+ Character models look great on the PSP.

- Easy as hell, just guard and counterattack and you can easily kill bosses much less anything. And yes, I was playing on Proud Mode the first time. Many abilities are OP and broken, and the game suffers from any overall challenge.
- The story was just as fragmented and horribly paced as Kingdom Hearts 2 and to some extent KH1. It seems like most of what happens that matters is at the beginning and end of each scenario, with characters just visiting Disney worlds for the heck of it. Some of the motives and emotions behind the main characters are just off-putting.
- The battle system as a whole. Basically KH2 all over again. There are too many ideas that are thrown into the battle system that really make it sloppy. The functions of D-Link and form transformations are the same, and there's no reason why these things needed to have been seperated. Even shoot lock seems like a poorly planned addition because it's pretty darn OP. If the function of all these elements had been a lot tighter, I would have thought it better rather than "oh hey this looks really cool let's toss it in the battle system." It's a shame, because spamming all these ridiculous afterthoughts really detracts from the ability system.
- The level design is pretty darn bland, even with the implementation of some actual platforming this time around.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
My impressions.

+ Ability system was nice because it was customizable, albeit direct rip from Crisis Core.
+ An actual effort to get some platforming back into the series for the most part.
+ Soundtrack is great, probably my favorite from Shimomura thusfar.
+ Character models look great on the PSP.

- Easy as hell, just guard and counterattack and you can easily kill bosses much less anything. And yes, I was playing on Proud Mode the first time. Many abilities are OP and broken, and the game suffers from any overall challenge.
- The story was just as fragmented and horribly paced as Kingdom Hearts 2 and to some extent KH1. It seems like most of what happens that matters is at the beginning and end of each scenario, with characters just visiting Disney worlds for the heck of it. Some of the motives and emotions behind the main characters are just off-putting.
- The battle system as a whole. Basically KH2 all over again. There are too many ideas that are thrown into the battle system that really make it sloppy. The functions of D-Link and form transformations are the same, and there's no reason why these things needed to have been seperated. Even shoot lock seems like a poorly planned addition because it's pretty darn OP. If the function of all these elements had been a lot tighter, I would have thought it better rather than "oh hey this looks really cool let's toss it in the battle system." It's a shame, because spamming all these ridiculous afterthoughts really detracts from the ability system.
- The level design is pretty darn bland, even with the implementation of some actual platforming this time around.

I thought the game was pretty hard, maybe not as tough as KH1, but still hard.

The story was better than KH2 i thought, it just took a little more figuring out than KH1 and KH2 did.

I really don't see how the battle system was KH2 all over again, ti was more like a COM, KH1, and KH2 hybrid

I thought the level design was better than KH2 for sure.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
I think they should eliminate the whole series for the sheer fact there's many plot holes, inconsistencies and illogical character decisions.

And it may eliminate one thing from you (if you have a certain history): your sanity.

Too many retcon bitching led me to a nervous breakdown. I kicked my Math teacher in the downers out of frustration.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I thought the game was pretty hard, maybe not as tough as KH1, but still hard.

I didn't find any part of BbS hard at all. I mean I really can't even see why it'd be difficult unless you're like pounding on the X button.

The story was better than KH2 i thought, it just took a little more figuring out than KH1 and KH2 did.

Lol, it's not complex. It's just the overall pacing is the same problem that ails previous Kingdom Hearts games.

I really don't see how the battle system was KH2 all over again, ti was more like a COM, KH1, and KH2 hybrid

It's KH2 in the sense that it's battle system features have an identity crisis, as if they were included just to be included rather than have a specific function. I mean, really the ability system and shoot lock alone would have served it just as well.

I thought the level design was better than KH2 for sure.

Sure, they had some platforming thrown in but it retained the same "move from once side of the cave to the other side" feel that KH2 had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back