• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Notice: Ut Install:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
swks26 said:
that i have no idea yet LOL.. i think nobody has played the server... need to wait for news.. maybe The Midnighter and Azurith could log in already

I'll put up instructions, as soon as midnighter has the server up...

I've already got a temp server for the mods to play on. o.o

Mhuwahahahahahah...

Btw.. My first 'vic' (Victim) was Morpho..

Poor kid didn't know what happened.

I used pretty much every weapon to mutilate him.

The final score was:
Azurith: Frags: 30 Deaths: (About 2-3)
Morpheaus: Frags: 2-3 Deaths: 35+... o.o

Can we say 'Pwnd'? ^.^?

Anywho, the instruction's aren't difficult.
I suggest you guys get some pratice before going online.
(Do bot sessions..)

And under the 'options' menu, change your controls to fit how you like to game.. trust me, you'll regret it if you don't.

That's the updates for now.

(I don't now if Midnighter even has UT up yet.. o.o)

I'm gonna go start looking for modifies and new maps.. ^.^

~~Azurith

swks26

okays =D.. yah you need to change your control settings.. i was playing and to move uses up, down ,left, right key buttons... @@ thanks ya! and this game has got vulgarities! LOL! like Die b**ch!

Azurith

Awards
swks26 said:
okays =D.. yah you need to change your control settings.. i was playing and to move uses up, down ,left, right key buttons... @@ thanks ya! and this game has got vulgarities! LOL! like Die b**ch!

They can be disabled from the server. And can also be disabled by the user. Mhuwahahahahahahah..

Trust me.. is that so hard to ask?

~~Azurith

----------------------------------
EDIT: ~~Azurith

I have uploaded the LATEST UT game patch to the ftp server.
This is so that you *can* upgrade, should you choose to do so.
I will tell you that it technically is NOT neccessary to patch, in order to play on the server.
(As it will be backwards compatible.)

Last edited:
K

Kazeth

sadly, none of the links you've posted,azu, work for me...
think you could help?

K

Kazeth

I wasn't using IE...

but I got that cleared up after an hour of finding out what a browser is... :\

Azurith

Awards
Forever Lost said:
Everytime I go to open location, it freezes D:

Help?

I need a bit more information than that, to help you out..

The file was DELETED by some moron.

If it happens again, I'll ban the ip responsible from the ftp server. e.e

Lucky for you guys I made backups on the server just in case... ^.^

So it's back online.

Happy fraggin!

~~AzUrItH

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
Whenever I try to type in whatever you call it, but it keeps freezing at that point...wait..something about drivers...?

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
You get the mods when you try to connect to ther server.

If the game is freezing when you try to connect, just end the game, then try again. Worked like a charm for me.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
I try to connect, but it ends up completely freezing D:

And I'm forced to restart every time -.-

Help?

Azurith

Awards
|shady| said:
Curious, what are the system requirements for the game?

Here's your answer:

UT Help Manual said:
Performance

Memory

Unreal Tournament GOTY's performance is highly dependent on the amount of RAM you have in your machine, and the amount of memory that is available. Machines with less memory will access their hard disk more frequently to load data, which causes sporadic pauses in gameplay. Thus, if you have a 32 megabyte (or less) machine, you should make sure that you don't have other unnecessary programs loaded in memory when playing Unreal Tournament GOTY.

How the game will perform under different RAM conditions:
  • 32 megabytes or less: Probably unplayable.
  • 48 megabytes: Some swapping; use the Preferences/Video "low texture detail" setting to improve this.
  • 64 megabytes: Great, with a bit of swapping.
  • 128 megabytes: Oh Yes!
CPU Speed

The game is also very sensitive to CPU speed, memory bandwidth, and cache performance. Thus, it runs far better on leading-edge processors such as Pentium II's than it does on older ones such as non-MMX Pentiums.

How Unreal Tournament GOTY will perform on different classes of machines:
  • Non-MMX P166 class machines: Slow rendering; large frame rate variations. We recommend playing in 320x200 resolution if available. We recommend setting the sound playback to 11025 Hz.
  • P200 MMX: Good rendering speed; some frame rate variations. We recommend running low resolutions like 320x240 or 400x300. We recommend keeping the sound playback at 22050 Hz.
  • Pentium II; K6-2 with 3DNow!: Very nice rendering speed; consistent frame rate. Software rendering runs smooth in 512x384, 32-bit color resolution. You might try 44 kHz audio for best sound quality.
Considering upgrading?

For people considering upgrading their machines, here are some tips based on our experience running Unreal Tournament GOTY on a variety of machines:
  1. The biggest performance gain in Unreal Tournament GOTY comes from having a Pentium II class processor. Pentium II's have dramatically improved cache performance, memory performance, and floating-point performance compared to earlier Pentiums, and that all translates to faster gameplay. The performance improvements in Pentium II's are especially accentuated in Unreal Tournament GOTY, which contains way more content (textures, sounds, animations, level geometry) than other 3D action games.
  2. The next upgrade that tends to improve Unreal Tournament GOTY performance dramatically is a 3dfx Voodoo or Voodoo2 class 3D accelerator. Especially in conjunction with a Pentium II processor, these accelerators rock!
  3. Finally, lots of RAM helps. With memory prices continually falling, it's now reasonably affordable to upgrade to 64 or 128 megabytes of memory.
Requirements

Minimum system requirement:
  • 233 MHz Pentium MMX or AMD K6 class computer.
  • 32 megabytes of RAM.
  • 4 megabyte video card.
Typical system:
  • 300 MHz Pentium II or AMD K6-3.
  • 64 megabytes of RAM.
  • 3dfx Voodoo 2 / Riva TNT class 3d accelerator.
Awesome system:
  • Pentium III 500 or AMD Athlon 550 or faster PC.
  • 128 megabytes of RAM.
  • 3dfx Voodoo3 / Riva TNT2 class 3D accelerator.
Getting Better UT Performance

The first thing to do is to increase your minimum desired framerate. UT will try to meet your framerate requirements by subtly dropping detail levels during complex scenes and fire fights. The default MinDesiredFrameRate is dependent on the speed of your computer. If you have hardware acceleration and a 300MHz or better CPU the MinDesiredFrameRate defaults to 30, otherwise it is 20. The higher the framerate, the more aggressive Unreal Tournament GOTY will be in eliminating excess special effects and detailing. To change the value open Advanced Options and click on Display. There will be an edit tab for the MinDesiredFrameRate variable. The change will take place immediately.
If increasing MinDesiredFrameRate doesn't help, try decreasing your texture detail levels in the Preferences window. You can also try lowering your screen resolution.

I hope thats what your looking for, Shady.

~~Azurith

T

The Marauder

Bah, I can't get a stable connection to the FTP server. (Wow I've heard that before...) I'm not sure if its on my end or yours, but at this rate I could buy it off ebay and get it shipped here first. No, it isn't my speed or bandwith because I have a cable connection and the only three programs using it (to my knowledge) are Firefox, Trillian, and SmartFTP...

Edit: Somehow, some spyware infiltrated my machine. It has since been reduced to fragmented bits. Speeds are up now, but they still seem VERY variable...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back