• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nothing is impossible because I have God with me...*facepalm*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Yes..."Nothing is impossible because I have God with me." Something my very Christian friend said. Now I know she said this in good humor, but she said it in a way that came across as if she could go out and do anything and be just fine because she 'has god,' and that really bugged me not even getting into how technically 'God has you' and I'm Christian. It's not true at all to me. Going by Christian belief, god decides everything that happens to you and if you go out and do something stupid god will make bad things happen if he decides they will happen. The fact you have him changes nothing.

Then another thing...in the youth group I went to there was this kid who would get all goosebumpy because he could 'feel' the presence of God while we were singing and he would talk about it all emotional, but also like he was so much better than people for it. This also irritated me. I mean the whole thing behind this religion is that God is everywhere all the time. You can't just feel him one minute and not feel him the next like he left or something because he didn't.

Now these two examples got me thinking about one other thing...fake christians. I don't mean it like they are pretending, but more like they just get so carried away they say and do things that don't fit.
Your thoughts?

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
They aren't fake, its just that when they were brought up they were taught by there parents(who were also taught be there parents)that when they do this or that for God something positive will happen to them(for instance: "I believe in God," +Metaphorical leaps of faith=paragraph one).
Also studies shown when someone prays they reach a state of enlightenment(probably due to the peace in nature of their environment, or just the state of equilibrium). Christendom pondered why they would feel this and said, "It must be something spiritual" Which of course would have to be God.

Jozi

I really never got church-its all:
Priest: Yall give praises and tanks to God.
All of the Old People in the crowd: Amen
Priest:Let stay holy for the matrimony
Young People: Snore...
Priest: But to stay holy we must;
stay true to the lord
be kind and gentle
forgive and forget
but remember Jesus
respect old guys
kill vantidy
ignore the cardinal sins
AND NEVER BE LOYAL TO GREED
[Old Nun Walks down the hall]Priest: We will now take your money, hehum, I mean donations.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
True christians let Jesus take the wheel.

Try it. Jesus won't save you from jail or a hospital bed.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Yes..."Nothing is impossible because I have God with me." Something my very Christian friend said. Now I know she said this in good humor, but she said it in a way that came across as if she could go out and do anything and be just fine because she 'has god,' and that really bugged me not even getting into how technically 'God has you' and I'm Christian. It's not true at all to me.

Lots of people don't believe it's true.

Going by Christian belief, god decides everything that happens to you and if you go out and do something stupid god will make bad things happen if he decides they will happen. The fact you have him changes nothing.

That may be the dogma of SOME denominations in Christendom.

Eccl 9:11 - "... time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all."

Gal. 6:7 - “Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap.”

Various scriptures say that God does NOT foreordain what happens to us.

Link: What Controls Your Future?

Is Your Future Predestined?

Then another thing...in the youth group I went to there was this kid who would get all goosebumpy because he could 'feel' the presence of God while we were singing and he would talk about it all emotional, but also like he was so much better than people for it. This also irritated me. I mean the whole thing behind this religion is that God is everywhere all the time. You can't just feel him one minute and not feel him the next like he left or something because he didn't.

Meh, people can get emotional. There could be various factors that make people act that way.

Now these two examples got me thinking about one other thing...fake christians. I don't mean it like they are pretending, but more like they just get so carried away they say and do things that don't fit.
Your thoughts?

Don't let every little thing bother you. Many people say they are Christian.....

Link: What Does It Mean to Be a Christian?

Last edited:

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I really never got church-its all:
Priest: Yall give praises and tanks to God.
All of the Old People in the crowd: Amen
Priest:Let stay holy for the matrimony
Young People: Snore...
Priest: But to stay holy we must;
stay true to the lord
be kind and gentle
forgive and forget
but remember Jesus
respect old guys
kill vantidy
ignore the cardinal sins
AND NEVER BE LOYAL TO GREED
[Old Nun Walks down the hall]Priest: We will now take your money, hehum, I mean donations.
lmao wow I don't know what kind of church you go to, but most churches have a Sunday school for the kids. It's basically where they grow up.

That may be the dogma of SOME denominations in Christendom.

Eccl 9:11 - "... time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all."

Gal. 6:7 - “Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap.”

Various scriptures say that God does NOT foreordain what happens to us.
Well it may or may not be God controlling, but in both cases he at least knows.

Don't let every little thing bother you. Many people say they are Christian.....
It's not that the phrase itself bugs me but more that this girl seems to almost flaunt her Christianity. I don't doubt her sincerity, but she should at least be correct when she speaks of her religion.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
But why would God pierce his own heavens?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Goddamnit. I should have learnt that already. Spiral things do whatever the hell they want to.

cloudxxzach

Yes..."Nothing is impossible because I have God with me." Something my very Christian friend said. Now I know she said this in good humor, but she said it in a way that came across as if she could go out and do anything and be just fine because she 'has god,' and that really bugged me not even getting into how technically 'God has you' and I'm Christian. It's not true at all to me. Going by Christian belief, god decides everything that happens to you and if you go out and do something stupid god will make bad things happen if he decides they will happen. The fact you have him changes nothing.

Your thoughts?

Nothing is impossible with God, that is true. But if you go out and get knocked up then yes, you will have to pay the price. God will still be with you to help you through that hard time... but he wont miraculously make everything dissappear(not that he can't... because he very well could, but he usually doesn't in those situations). God doesn't make bad things happen, though. He gives us choices and if we do "the right thing" than there is no consoquince...

There are times that you can "feel" the presence of God. He revieles himself in a very touching personal way. It's true that he is always there, but you might not always feel him there. But that doesn't mean He's not there.
There are a lot of people that get all emotional in front of people to try and show how "spiritual" they are... "Sister Suzy Christian" is how Joyce Myer puts it. lol Some people just do it for show, but feeling Gods presence is a very real thing.

And I definately agree that there are people that get carried away. Caught up in the moment and talk about things that they don't know anything about... and like you said, don't fit.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Nothing is impossible with God, that is true.
If God exists, then it certainly seems possible there'd be nothing he wasn't capable of.
But if you go out and get knocked up then yes, you will have to pay the price.
Even though the ideal Christian will breed children to follow God?
God will still be with you to help you through that hard time
I'd love to see the number of hard times experienced compared to the number of hard times he helped in.
but he wont miraculously make everything dissappear(not that he can't... because he very well could, but he usually doesn't in those situations).
Not even if it were for the better?
God doesn't make bad things happen, though.
But he does the next best thing, by giving people the capacity to do bad things and not stopping them from doing it.
He gives us choices and if we do "the right thing" than there is no consoquince...
Which in other word means we have no choice if we want to live a 'good' life.

There are times that you can "feel" the presence of God.
And you're sure that couldn't just be the wind, or your own mind?He revieles himself in a very touching personal way. It's true that he is always there, but you might not always feel him there. But that doesn't mean He's not there.
There are a lot of people that get all emotional in front of people to try and show how "spiritual" they are... "Sister Suzy Christian" is how Joyce Myer puts it. lol Some people just do it for show, but feeling Gods presence is a very real thing.[/quote]And none of that is attributable to the zealotry of the people in question, or any other natural force?

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
I could say the man lost at sea and 3 boats pass by story but I'm sure you heard it already.

My point is, people lean on God and then blame him when shit goes wrong.

Time to face reality, your life sucks and it's all your fault.

Jozi

lmao wow I don't know what kind of church you go to, but most churches have a Sunday school for the kids. It's basically where they grow up.

You do not want to know what church I went to!
[Imagine the church of Scientology humped the church of Satin...Wait no switch that]

-The truth is I only went to church until I was like four, my mom did'nt have the time(two kids, being single), and my Dad just got married(The church was all DAMN, you got divorced than ReMARRIED..DAMNATION!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back