• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Not the biggest of issues, but it sure feels like it is.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
It's quite a common thing to have a crush on your best friend, right?

Yet my situation stretches a bit deeper than just a simple crush which you can ignore, in the fact that I may just be in love with him.

I've known this boy for quite some time now, we met in 2009 when I first went to college to study my A-levels. We became the best of friends due to how insanely alike we were, it was like we knew what one-another was thinking. So we embark on this amazing friendship and then one day I just wake up and think to myself.. hmm, nah it can't be.

So I walk into college see him and my hands go all sweaty and what not and I begin to panic. I knew for a fact I was gay but I didn't know he was so I couldn't even for a second begin to start thinking about him like that. So I just carried on with the friendship as normal, although I would get very mardy when people would refer to us as a bromance.. I couldn't look at him like this and at the same time refer to us as brothers, it was weird. Haha!

So one day we are at a friends birthday party and we are messing about like we always do and then we go to lie down on the hill to look at the stars as we were pretty tired out from all the running around. We had a lot of alcohol in our systems and I remember saying that I was so cold to which he began to hug me, I was shocked but of course I didn't complain.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, we began getting closer and closer until one day we fell out when I left to go to University, it was the saddest thing ever as we were so so close and had even got.. closer in the past few weeks before I left.

So recently in the present day, we have reconnected via facebook and I am going back home next week for Easter break which is three weeks and we are meeting up again.

My big issue is that I still and I think always will have these incredibly strong feelings for him which I know is beyond a crush as to how close we were, but what do I do?

I'm so confused as I really want our best friendship back, but if there is a possibility of more then that would be perfect as I know we would be perfect.

Help!!!?

Shawty

Awards
That's so sweet! Since you're best friends and all, why not just be honest with him. I think he would appreciate your honesty. You never know what could happen right! Just take this chance to tell him how you feel, if you don't you'll always wonder what could've been..you know? Just go for it :)

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
What I am confused about is whether or not he is that way inclined as I know he has had a girlfriend since we were you know, close but I don't know whether he is curious or just confused or well.. Bi.

I am really scared that we could wreck the friendship we have now, that is my predicament.

Shawty

Awards
Okayokay, well we all expect the worst from something, it's okay to be scared. But I think it's better to just open up to him, just like I said, if you don't you'll always wonder what could have been. If he doesn't feel the same way you'll notice, but you will feel proud of yourself for telling how you feel. I wish you the best of luck!

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
Well it would be nice to have a relationship with him if I'm honest. Nothing would make me happier.
We'll see I guess, if you think of any more advice, don't hesitate to post it.

Lol!

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
I went through something similar. The only thing different is that the other person was a girl. I'd say to follows what Shawty said. That's what I ended up doing, but then we agreed that things would be too weird for us to have a relationship. The way that we saw it was on the level of incest though. I mean, while we had no common relatives at all, we still got to the point where she would call me Onii-chan and I would call her Imouto(We're both Otaku so it was forseen). But our falling out happened after that when I moved to another area for a couple years. We still kept in touch and she always tackled me with a hug whenever I was waiting for her at her bus stop(She was still in high school at that time).

So I wouldn't worry too much about that if I were you. And if he was just curious at that time, he'll tell ya and things can go back to being a normal bromance. ...Well what we call a bromance in America. Not sure what y'all consider a bromance where you're from.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
A bromance being bestest of friends amongst lads.
Hmm, I defo have huge feelings for him though, more than a bestfriend.

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
GAY HIM UP.

jk I'd say that given that hug and your closeness you might as well just admit your feelings for him. I think there's a good enough chance that he'll reciprocate, and even if he doesn't, at least you'll never wonder what if.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I'm not an advocate for being gay or anything, but, in a case like this, follow your feelings. When you feel it is right just lay it all out, and just make sure he knows, so that way if it didn't work or something, you won't die of regret. That's the best I can offer, and I apologize if it isn't incredibly useful advice!

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
Lol, whip it out! I could do I guess. jokes.

Nah all your advice is good, but i defo think that whipping it out is my solution to the problem.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I guess in this case maybe. If he goes for it, the feelings are mutual. Hopefully.........awkward......

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
Very awkward haha! I have 3 days left to decide, I return home from Uni on saturday in which case I will see him.
Woop!

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Just wait until you get a real feel for the situation once you're actually faced with him. It's gonna take a bit of reconnecting when you finally meet again in ~*the physical realm*~, regardless of how close you were before or how close you've felt to him again since you were reunited online. Assuming things kick off without a hitch, I'd worry about confessing you're undying love-boner to him then, after the chemistry is recaptured. And who knows? It may not be the same chemistry that you both remember.

You can stew over it all you want before the actual reunion, but the single most important element to consider is unforeseeable until you are together again.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Just wait until you get a real feel for the situation once you're actually faced with him. It's gonna take a bit of reconnecting when you finally meet again in ~*the physical realm*~, regardless of how close you were before or how close you've felt to him again since you were reunited online. Assuming things kick off without a hitch, I'd worry about confessing you're undying love-boner to him then, after the chemistry is recaptured. And who knows? It may not be the same chemistry that you both remember.

You can stew over it all you want before the actual reunion, but the single most important element to consider is unforeseeable until you are together again.

NAILED IT. This guy knows his shit

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
Yesterday actually!
Thanks for checking up on me, I didn't do anything, I just pretended like nothing was different and we are just good friends again. I'm gonna' keep it like that until/if something happens! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back