• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Not-So-New Kingdom Hearts Shirt

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
Not sure if this is the right place, but it looks like Thinkgeek has a new Kingdom Hearts inspired shirt for sale.

14e5_kingdom_apps.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken, I haven't seen this one before.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: New Kingdom Hearts Shirt

I think I've seen that shirt somewhere about a year ago. Yeah, I remember people asking/complaining why the crown has dots on top. I still like it though.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I've seen this one a few months back. Still a rocking t-shirt, DM. I've considered buying it but, never got around to it. :3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That shirt has been floating around for about a year now. I don't really like it but it has a nice, simple design.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I would like it more if it had the Roxas symbol. That's my favorite symbol in the series.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Hmm. Pretty good, but substitute the keyhole and the key with Roxas' X and the MoM symbol, respectively, and get rid of the dots and the line on the crown, and I'd fork out a lot of munny for it.

Also, the order should've been Roxas / MoM, Heartless / Nobody, crown, Nobody / Heartless, MoM / Roxas. I know that out of those symbols, people identifies the Heartless emblem the most, but I think since Sora is the main character in the series, his symbol has to be in the spotlight.

Eh, I'm being nitpicky again. I think I should just design one myself. :p

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Hmm. Pretty good, but substitute the keyhole and the key with Roxas' X and the MoM symbol, respectively, and get rid of the dots and the line on the crown, and I'd fork out a lot of munny for it.

Also, the order should've been Roxas / MoM, Heartless / Nobody, crown, Nobody / Heartless, MoM / Roxas. I know that out of those symbols, people identifies the Heartless emblem the most, but I think since Sora is the main character in the series, his symbol has to be in the spotlight.

Eh, I'm being nitpicky again. I think I should just design one myself. :p

As someone who knows a thing or two about design and composition, I think the Heartless symbol was placed specifically in the middle because it's red. Biologically speaking, red draws our attention the most out of any other color. In fact, doesn't Axel even give a little science lesson during 358/2 where he tells Roxas that the sun sets red because red travels farther than any other color in a beam of light?

Regardless, it's true. Therefore, wherever the Heartless emblem is placed would end up being the focal point, so putting it on the side would draw attention to that spot and since our brains are wired to place emphasis on the center of things, it would seem off-putting subconsciously. Therefore, Heartless goes in the middle.

#endspiel

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

As someone who knows a thing or two about design and composition, I think the Heartless symbol was placed specifically in the middle because it's red. Biologically speaking, red draws our attention the most out of any other color. In fact, doesn't Axel even give a little science lesson during 358/2 where he tells Roxas that the sun sets red because red travels farther than any other color in a beam of light?

Regardless, it's true. Therefore, wherever the Heartless emblem is placed would end up being the focal point, so putting it on the side would draw attention to that spot and since our brains are wired to place emphasis on the center of things, it would seem off-putting subconsciously. Therefore, Heartless goes in the middle.

#endspiel

Hmm, so that's how it goes with design, huh? I never knew.

I come from a colour science background, and according to experts on this field, there are these two "memory colours" that people will readily recognise: green and blue. Those two colours are what you most certainly see every day in the sky and foliage, so they get burned into your memory and become the colours that are very easily recall.

Ah, but it's good to learn something new. Then I'd prefer it to be Nobody, Heartless, and Unversed symbols (although this time, it's the Nobody sigil that would be out of place due to being monochrome).

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

That's how it goes with any form of visual art. Unless the intent is to direct your attention everything has to be arranged in a way that one part of the image does not distract from all the others.

Anyway, I like the design and may actually buy one if it's in my size.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I remember back when this first came out and everyone was wondering why, despite its usage of other official artwork, the crown is just this... random crown.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Never seen the shirt before, kinda like it~

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I've definitely seen this shirt before and I like the idea, but I would much rather the pattern be tiled across the whole shirt and, like others have said, the crown be...you know...actually from KH <_<

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I remember back when this first came out and everyone was wondering why, despite its usage of other official artwork, the crown is just this... random crown.
I still can't understand why they used that random crown. At first I thought that, well maybe it's not official, but then why are the other symbols used? It hurts my brain.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I remember this. It looks like a bunch of Apple Apps. It's okay, personally not a big fan of it.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

I like it.
The design is simple and it's clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back