• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Not so Fantastical Fiction

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcana-Key

Awards
Where the rest of my non-Kingdom Hearts related writing goes. Stuff like fanfiction, original fiction, and musing goes. I'll be updating this with character information too, possibly! The first bit is actually of like - my one original character not tied to any setting, aptly named Typhon.

He's a little shit. Alien guy. If I could upload character information sheets here, I would do so in a heartbeat weeps-

But have some characterization drawn from a roleplay.

He stared hard at the man, long and hard, at the admittedly humiliating moment. For him. It would've been idiotic of Typhon to make a mockery of the situation, so he wisely refrained from making a wisecrack that would've let to him sitting around. Prisons were meant to keep people in, whittle at their minds until they had nothing to do but allow a period of self-reflection. And Typhon made a shitty prisoner because of it.

His mind worked a mile a minute, plucking apart each and every way that he could've possibly broken out by this point, even at the cost of a few lives. Dangerous cunning was what made the world go 'round. "I guess it shouldn't matter after all." Typhon finally said, leaning back in his seat with an all too casual air about him. It hadn't been as big as so many people made it out to be.

"And you are. Just a little cute. A smidge." A relatively sedate tease as he slid out of his seat. With permission to move on, Typhon seized full advantage of it by slipping on his coat. The ball drew his attention for a moment, but nothing longer than a fraction of a second. Geeze, and Aurinko was trying to get into bondage already? He could see the logic behind the security though. It was chilly to the touch, and a few moments of trying to pull his fingers apart led to nothing more than the material tensing.

"These are nice." He mentioned conversationally. Alloys like this were neat finds ; one of the things that Typhon had always enjoyed doing in his spare time was seeing how long materials could last beneath an assault. Most metals snapped like twine, but this... would be a challenge. Aurinko just gave the boy a new habit, even as he was led outside.

Good thing he seemed so invested in the cuffs, too, because the whispers that trailed behind them were as malicious as they were hushed. "They're bad at talking low." He told Aurinko, peering up from behind half-lidded eyes as his digits attempted to wriggle about. "And the stars aren't boring. Maybe we'll see an eclipse or something..." A low, vaguely dreamy sigh rolled free from Typhon's lips. That sounded amazing.

Spacefaring was not for the Stratosian race, not because they weren't amazed by the sights, but because the races that polluted common space typically tended to grind against their ways far too often. First impressions meant everything, and it seemed like they'd been met with several poor ones before the space program had been dismantled by war in eons past. What? He wasn't going to provoke someone when he had an opportunity to leave right in front of him.

It would've been dumb, and he could've waited. Once inside the ship, Typhon's eyes scanned across every item that he could find. His nose twitched, separating and categorizing minerals and peculiar materials faster than humanly possible. His gaze landed on a crate, and without much preamble, Typhon sauntered over to it, settling down with a low thunk of clothed flesh hitting dense metal. "So are you going to keep these on as foreplay?"

He didn't need his hands to do damage. Hell, he didn't even need his feet. His body, the body that had managed to do the impossible on the regular, was simply more than willing to accommodate. If he wished it, the elements themselves would leap to his will. But that was a secret. A well-kept one. "Or are you going to tell me who you're working for? You seem a bit..." He searched for a word. "... above the law."

Arcana-Key

Awards
An exercise for my creative writing class - featuring more Typhon!

-------------------------------------------

Mischief.
It was the name of the game, and Typhon was a hardcore player of it. Stratos, his home world, was a place where it was a constant. The people of Truss, his home, wrapped in the secrets of the arctic, were accustomed to it. The sole heir of their founder, their prince, was nothing short of spoiled - irritable, but, all the same, someone that they expected to represent the pinnacle of their culture. This was not to say that Typhon got away with any and everything he wanted, no. Because the expectations held to him proved nothing short of infuriating. And that was on a good day.

It was probably why he had built a daily routine. When the twin-suns flared at the horizon to breathe morning in the world, he was out and about. Abolishing what little remnant of sleep clustered in his eyes so he could traverse his home, Typhon proved hasty on his feet. He weaved around scribes, paying little mind to what they had to say as they prattled on incessantly about this, and that. 'Old Gods are to be revered', was a constant that he legitimately tired of. He could've silenced them by way of snatching their tongues from their mouths, as it was the right of the King to treat their pawns as he desired, and yet that'd lead to nothing but exasperation. Maybe a curse slung his way, too, if he was lucky. The last chastising that he'd received from his Retainer had been more than enough for him to last several lifetimes though, so he was neither keen to be on the receiving end of it, nor was he keen to be an active participant.

As they continued to talk, Typhon rolled his tongue against the roof of his mouth - dark brows knitting together in a tangible show of annoyance. Did they not think that he was aware that he had a meeting in the Chamber of Shards later today? Did they not think that he was capable? Seventeen was quite the age to take on responsibilities, certainly, but if he knew that he'd be nagged this much, then maybe he would've left his parents alive. "Are you done?" He eventually tired, meeting the dusty gray eyes of his advisor for the day. Shaku or the like.

The man seemed startled enough, as if physically struck by Typhon interrupting him, and slowly, he nodded. That was good. Typhon didn't like people talking too long if it didn't involve him in some way or form. Typhon raised to his feet, pushing aside the small bowl of food that he'd been chewing from moments prior. His appetite was lost listening to that.

"Don't be late to the meeting-" Shaku said, tapping a slim finger against dried parchment. Lort'ka skin, maybe.

Typhon rolled his eyes at the call to his back, only offering an ill-humoured grin in turn. Cat like and sharp. He turned on his heel, he left the man behind, feeling as if he'd resort to brutality if he had to listen for a moment longer. The corridors of his home had always been peaceful. Sculptures crafted of ice, some by his own hand and fostered by his own gift. The glimmer of one of his favourite works caught his eye every morn, and it was no different this time. Taking his time was simply more pertinent than being on time. If the old geezers in the Chamber needed him, then they'd track him down one way or another. He wandered, musing on the benefits of being five- ten minutes late, or maybe even thirty. Typhon knew he'd get a sharp reprimand at the most, but none would dare raise a hand to him. To say he was confident was a gross understatement.

So, he relished the opportunity to relax. Brushing his fingers across the gelid construct, he took a deep breath, only releasing it when it felt like his lungs would burst. A rattle, a shake, the sound of tinkling glass resounded through the corridor, before the construct warped and twisted. What once was homage to his ancestor had been parted. Not destroyed, but merely split in half for Typhon to slip behind it. His home had been wrought with all sorts of hidden passages, and darkness greeted him for a fraction of a second. The darkness was penetrated only by his own gaze and the carve of markings on his form.

Minutes later, and he stood in front of an assortment of seats. A room with eight seats flanking the left and right of the ninth, where he himself belonged, was where they all met in order to discuss the legislature of Truss. Nonsense, really, but...

They wouldn't know what to say when they caught him resting in his seat pre-emptively.

As Typhon took a seat, he found himself grinning. While he normally went out of his way to make excuses for his tardiness, he had to wonder what his servants(?), or colleagues rather, would have to say once they registered the fact that the youngest of them all had managed to show up early.

Amusement was more than reason enough to change the routine, and he'd seize that opportunity by the horns now that he could.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Not every day I find myself reading about an alien life form. Typhon is one smart cookie, who seems be a dangerous kind of character to say the least. I find it amusing he finds certain things to be apart of bondage. Not that he's wrong, because there is such a thing. I am curious who Aurinko happens to be, or what he/she is like. Typhon seems really cool for having the secret ability to wield elements too.

----

Interesting. Typhon is a prince. I wonder why they got rid of his parents, or what caused their deaths? Furthermore, Typhon sounds a bit cocky yet tiresome of daily routine as well of politics he doesn't care much of. He certainly likes to keep everyone on their toes it seems. (Assuming they have toes.) Furthermore, I hope you got an A for writing this, because you certainly deserve one. I haven't seen something so polished in awhile, because the things Typhon was doing flowed well into the story without any interruptions or awkward pauses to fit it in; the loss of an appetite briefly mentioned in this story was what caught my attention and my praise. Well done for a writing exercise, Arcana-Key!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back