• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Not good enough.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricM

Website
itsamystere.tumblr.com
Hey,

So I know I'm a little new to the forums, but I thought I'd ask for some advice anyway. I was on Facebook, minding my own business, when someone posted about Pixar greenlighting Finding Nemo 2. There was a comment on the status about what the movie would be about, and I commented that I didn't think said plot line would be good. The original commenter said that they were joking, but someone commented first saying it was a joke. The problem was I didn't know if FN2 was a joke or the plot was, so I asked. In less than 30 seconds 4 more comments appeared under mine 'correcting' me. This one guy just posted 'Wow' and then linked a Youtube video titled "You're an idiot'. I felt like I was being ganged up on, so I closed down my browser for a bit and came here.

I guess the problem I have is with this guy. We all go to school together and he's friends with pretty much everyone. The thing is when I do/say something wrong, I feel like he means everything he says, including his jokes. Maybe its because he's the popular guy that I feel this way. We clash on everything from music to video games. And its gotten to the point where I just don't want to use Facebook in case I say something wrong and he finds out. If I block him, I'll hear about it when school starts, I guarantee it.

I guess my question is what do you do when you feel you're not good enough anymore. Especially when you feel you're not good enough for someone who is friends with everyone and can influence their opinion on you.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Just delete him anyway, I highly doubt that he stalks your profile. He probably only sees you comment in passing. But realize that this is a guy and a bunch of his friends hiding behind their computers, and if he keeps it up, talk to him about it when school starts, if you feel the need to. Just try not to sound like you are begging him to stop making fun of you. Tell him to stop.

EricM

Website
itsamystere.tumblr.com
We can work together on projects with no problem. So there's that. Socially I problems staying on the same wave length with him. I feel like I'm walking on egg shells. I don't know anymore. :/

theirlosthearts

Awards
We can work together on projects with no problem. So there's that. Socially I problems staying on the same wave length with him. I feel like I'm walking on egg shells. I don't know anymore. :/

Sounds like it isn't worth feeling bad over him. I would suggest moving on/ignoring him. You don't necessarily have to delete him on facebook, just ignore/stop caring about his posts/comments. I do wish to point out one additional thing though. This is internet, so it would be beneficial to thicken your skin, so to speak. People will bash you, and being wrong won't always have anything to do with it. Just learn to live your life without letting other people's words and opinions hurt you.

EricM

Website
itsamystere.tumblr.com
Sounds like it isn't worth feeling bad over him. I would suggest moving on/ignoring him. You don't necessarily have to delete him on facebook, just ignore/stop caring about his posts/comments. I do wish to point out one additional thing though. This is internet, so it would be beneficial to thicken your skin, so to speak. People will bash you, and being wrong won't always have anything to do with it. Just learn to live your life without letting other people's words and opinions hurt you.

I totally agree with you. I guess I just wasn't expecting that many people to join in. I'm feeling better about it now. Thanks. :)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If I were you I'd probably tell him to stfu when he tries to make you feel inferior like that. If you're not willing to block or delete him then you either have to ignore him or stand up for yourself. He's not better than you.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Like everyone else said, just ignore people like that. If they're going to be douches, then let them be douches and don't let them get to you. People on the internet do stuff like that because it's basically not straight to your face. They definitely wouldn't do/say it if you were actually there with them, talking, but they do when you aren't physically there because they get a kick out of being dicks and getting no immediate reprisal from it.
Just know that, with him saying that, he probably looks like a dick to everyone else who sees that comment. So really it's himself hurting himself, so to speak.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I'm gonna tell him that you posted this on here so he can know and critique.

Sounds lame of dude, to just follow over whatever it is you say, maybe he has a crush on you.

DerringerZONE!

'Nuff said, but yeah, just ignore him. He's probably bashing you whenever he gets the chance to because he knows that you let it get to you. Rule of the thumb, "Don't Feed The Trolls". x)

Awards
If you tether your sense of self worth to someone else's opinions and expectations, you are setting yourself up for a lifetime of unhappiness.

If I've learned nothing else in my life, I've learned that.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
To put it rather bluntly, the solution is mostly just you manning the fck up. Raising your self-worth is a matter of staying true to yourself, even if the rest of the world disagrees. He's got more friends? Give no fck. Conformity is a terrible reason to be afraid of being yourself. It's essentially saying that you have to depend on others to form your persona.

Boost your confidence; believe me, it will do you wonders.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think if it's REALLY necessary to keep him on your friend list, hide him from your feed, don't post on his things. If you need to talk to him, you can go talk to him, but you really shouldn't. He is a jackass obviously and you don't need to care about what people think about you, at least people like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back