• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Not bad at all...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VenAqua

This game is actually a lot better than I had originally heard about. The gameplay's quite bareable but the story is a bit short considering i'm at floor 8 after 6 hours. I need my dose of Axel :(

btw is there anyway to make it so sora is the only one on the main menu after Riku 's mode?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
This game is actually a lot better than I had originally heard about. The gameplay's quite bareable but the story is a bit short considering i'm at floor 8 after 6 hours. I need my dose of Axel :(

The story may be short, but good luck with the final Riku and final Larxene fights. Chances are you're going to spend much time levelling and gathering good cards for them.

Yessir_23

Awards
I think the story is really good, a lot tighter than what you'll find in some of the later titles.

-Roxas-XIII-

The story may be short, but good luck with the final Riku and final Larxene fights. Chances are you're going to spend much time levelling and gathering good cards for them.

Or, since you'll probably have Ars Arcanum by that point, you can just beat them in under 30 seconds flat.

Don't get me wrong, I like COM, but the battle system is totally broken. Filling your deck with a bunch of Ars Arcanum sleights and the Jafar card enables you to wipe the floor with any ground-based boss (which is almost every boss in the game).

As for the OP's question, the image on the main menu takes the picture of the last save file you played. So if you last played a Riku save file, the next time you load up the game it will show Riku, and same goes for Sora.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
If you don't grind, this game can be very tough. I'll say for the 4 games I've played (KH1,KH2,Days, this) COM is the one where grinding is most needed to not pull your hair out.

VenAqua

Those were wise words, the difficulty has just hit me! I only got past Vexen by luck and let's just say Riku wasn't playing nice oops.

Zven

I had to train A LOT with Sora, some fights were crazy hard, grinding is going to add a couple of hours to the clock. Good luck!.

AlbertJ

Awards
The gameplay is actually pretty fun and balanced. Honestly, people only talked bad about the game because they weren't good at it.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ From what I can tell a lot of trash talk stems from a hatred of the card system, whether they was good at it or not.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I liked the card-based gameplay since it forces you to strategise instead of just blindly whacking away. The strategising part is most evident in Riku's playthrough,

Spoiler Spoiler Show

where breaking enemy attacks rewards you with points that you can accumulate to transform and plow the battlefield.

But yeah, I can see where the hate is coming from. I admit it can get frustrating at first when your cards are still limited, but once you get the hang of it and as you progress through the story, it's getting fun since you can customise your deck to experiment with lots of sleight and find a deck make-up that fits your own style.

The key is to never play cards in singles, let alone low-value cards, whenever possible.

Pepper_123

I was not a fan of the game because of the card based fight system and I thought the only bits that had anything to do with the story were pretty short. I preferred Rikus side more and found his decks easier to use then Soras side of the story, rikus was also a bit more interesting especially due to the 1st place he sees when he goes through a door.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I liked the card-based gameplay since it forces you to strategise instead of just blindly whacking away. The strategising part is most evident in Riku's playthrough,

Spoiler Spoiler Show

where breaking enemy attacks rewards you with points that you can accumulate to transform and plow the battlefield.

But yeah, I can see where the hate is coming from. I admit it can get frustrating at first when your cards are still limited, but once you get the hang of it and as you progress through the story, it's getting fun since you can customise your deck to experiment with lots of sleight and find a deck make-up that fits your own style.

The key is to never play cards in singles, let alone low-value cards, whenever possible.

I also liked it, it was by far the most strategic kh game. My only gripe on it's gameplay was that room after room of heartless gets tedious.

Tetsujin

^ That, pretty much.

I really enjoyed playing as Sora and the card system in general but with Riku it became a chore fast, since you don't have as many options and there's no story in the Disney worlds to at least give you something in-between all the fighting.

Playing through this three times for the platinum will be quite the drag, I fear.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ I actually enjoyed Riku's story, he gets tedious quicker but his locked deck can be fun.

I dont bother with the disney world stories, not enough of a in-between for me.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
^ I actually enjoyed Riku's story, he gets tedious quicker but his locked deck can be fun.

I dont bother with the disney world stories, not enough of a in-between for me.

I feel this way about the stories within Disney worlds in Sora's playthrough. They just felt so empty and superficial, and I just skipped them every time. For me, they are certainly not a strong point of the game.

But the story in Traverse Town, Destiny Islands, Twilight Town, and especially in-between floors are truly enjoyable. If I have to pick one world as a favourite, I think it'd be Destiny Islands. Imagine going back to your hometown, but you know that it and its inhabitants, your friends and family, are only an illusion made up by your memories of them. That's got to be painful.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ I tend not to count TT, DI, or twilight town in my view since they aren't really disney world stories but part of the larger CoM plot. =]

1ofamillion

Awards
I loved COM on the GBA when I was younger, but I have found it so tedious this time around on console. It's not hard (though I haven't got to the harder fights yet, so I can't say that yet haha), but room after room of countless heartless gets really annoying really quick. I have been taking so many breaks from the game because of this reason. When I played through Final Mix, I had trouble putting the controller down. With COM, I have been struggling to pick the controller back up. This is just my opinion of course.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ That's my only gripe about CoM as well, it's especially tedious with Riku since I can't use sora's trusty room clearing sleights.

1ofamillion

Awards
^ That's my only gripe about CoM as well, it's especially tedious with Riku since I can't use sora's trusty room clearing sleights.

Yea :\ Other than that, it is a solid game. The story is cool, and the boss fights are actually really fun.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yea :\ Other than that, it is a solid game. The story is cool, and the boss fights are actually really fun.

They are, there's nothing more fun than trolling a boss with some well thought out sleights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back