• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Not bad at all...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
They are, there's nothing more fun than trolling a boss with some well thought out sleights.

I just love the screams the Organization members make when hit by Sonic Blade, or the grunts when they suffer from the effect of Lethal Frame. Those two sleights are a gamebreaker. XD

Gram

Banned
Awards
I just love the screams the Organization members make when hit by Sonic Blade, or the grunts when they suffer from the effect of Lethal Frame. Those two sleights are a gamebreaker. XD

lol I know I pretty much live by lethal frame and tornado. xD One breaks bosses and the other clears rooms.

Anyone ever get annoyed they kept the exp orbs in the ps2/3 version of CoM?

1ofamillion

Awards
lol I know I pretty much live by lethal frame and tornado. xD One breaks bosses and the other clears rooms.

Anyone ever get annoyed they kept the exp orbs in the ps2/3 version of CoM?

I never really understood the point of exp orbs to begin with haha..

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I never really understood the point of exp orbs to begin with haha..

Neither did I. I always think they're there purely for "oooh, shiny" effect and nothing more. :p

Sometimes it can be rather vexing to have to pause from a combo frenzy just to retrieve some faraway experience orbs before they disappear. And when clearing the battlefield with Tornado, sometimes it happened to me that the Heartless got defeated at the very start of the sleight, but I had to wait until the sleight ended to be able to move again. By the time I could, the orbs had vanished. -_-

Gram

Banned
Awards
Sometimes it can be rather vexing to have to pause from a combo frenzy just to retrieve some faraway experience orbs before they disappear. And when clearing the battlefield with Tornado, sometimes it happened to me that the Heartless got defeated at the very start of the sleight, but I had to wait until the sleight ended to be able to move again. By the time I could, the orbs had vanished. -_-

This ^ this is what annoys me about exp orbs on the GB version it was fine, small space, but on the re: edition it got annoying trying to chase down your exp.

mattdyer0

This ^ this is what annoys me about exp orbs on the GB version it was fine, small space, but on the re: edition it got annoying trying to chase down your exp.

That's why it's CRUCIAL to get the Bouncywild enemy card ASAP. It makes it sooo much easier! I never got it through the first 2 playthroughs on the PS2 but I'm glad I figured it out :wink:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
If you don't grind, this game can be very tough. I'll say for the 4 games I've played (KH1,KH2,Days, this) COM is the one where grinding is most needed to not pull your hair out.

The grinding situation is awful funny in CoM. If you take on all comers, you won't need to grind, probably, but you will be bored because as Gram and 1ofamillion said, it's just one room after another. God help you if you try to clear out the entire floor, like I did in my first playthrough.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

This is a game I want to rush through even though I enjoy it very much (in fact, it feels like rushing through it would be an accomplishment!), but I never do, because I know how much trouble I'll be in. Sometimes I think: it could be okay, because with the right knowledge, you can win as Sora without grinding! But with Riku? That's a fine line. I remember reading some experienced "Zero EXP" KH players trying to get through this game while levelling as little as possible and eventually one of them threw up their hands and admitted that Riku was only doing 1 damage without Attack Point upgrades and they just couldn't take it any more! But if you raise Riku's level, especially with grinding I'd imagine? Breeze.

As for EXP Orbs: until I started to see them in Shooter games, where you can only take one hit and moving out to grab something could kill you, I never understood what EXP Orbs add to the game. They still don't make sense in the GBA version, the PS2 version, they don't make sense in Fable... so strange.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
The grinding situation is awful funny in CoM. If you take on all comers, you won't need to grind, probably, but you will be bored because as Gram and 1ofamillion said, it's just one room after another. God help you if you try to clear out the entire floor, like I did in my first playthrough.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

This is a game I want to rush through even though I enjoy it very much (in fact, it feels like rushing through it would be an accomplishment!), but I never do, because I know how much trouble I'll be in. Sometimes I think: it could be okay, because with the right knowledge, you can win as Sora without grinding! But with Riku? That's a fine line. I remember reading some experienced "Zero EXP" KH players trying to get through this game while levelling as little as possible and eventually one of them threw up their hands and admitted that Riku was only doing 1 damage without Attack Point upgrades and they just couldn't take it any more! But if you raise Riku's level, especially with grinding I'd imagine? Breeze.

As for EXP Orbs: until I started to see them in Shooter games, where you can only take one hit and moving out to grab something could kill you, I never understood what EXP Orbs add to the game. They still don't make sense in the GBA version, the PS2 version, they don't make sense in Fable... so strange.

Yea I believe in grinding early with Sora until you get the life saving sleights like the gravity+fire, lethal frame and the fire tornado ones. So I try to level up about 4 levels per world which means me clearing whole rooms all the time which is very tedious. After that it becomes a breeze to get through some full rooms.

I just find Riku's story to be pretty bland since all the disney worlds are just filler and you are forced to use cruddy decks like the one's in Wonderland which force you to be at a high level to survive.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I just find Riku's story to be pretty bland since all the disney worlds are just filler and you are forced to use cruddy decks like the one's in Wonderland which force you to be at a high level to survive.

In times like those, duels can be your best friend. Duels are a sure-win for you even though sometimes you need to be quick, and they dish a huge amount of damage.

Gram

Banned
Awards
In times like those, duels can be your best friend. Duels are a sure-win for you even though sometimes you need to be quick, and they dish a huge amount of damage.

This ^
In fact I find dueling the key to winning a few battles such as repliku or ansem.

That's why it's CRUCIAL to get the Bouncywild enemy card ASAP. It makes it sooo much easier! I never got it through the first 2 playthroughs on the PS2 but I'm glad I figured it out
Sadly the cards drop at random though, I've never had one. xD

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
This ^
In fact I find dueling the key to winning a few battles such as repliku or ansem.

Don't forget Lexaeus. I was just in awe seeing a huge chunk of his HP bar got eaten away from a single duel session.

Sadly the cards drop at random though, I've never had one. xD

Yeah, even with Looming / Almighty / Teeming Darkness rooms, they're still pretty hard to come across. @_@

Ventus_

Awards
This game is actually a lot better than I had originally heard about. The gameplay's quite bareable but the story is a bit short considering i'm at floor 8 after 6 hours. I need my dose of Axel :(

btw is there anyway to make it so sora is the only one on the main menu after Riku 's mode?

Agree to Disagree.
The story and concept are interesting but the game play with the card system really frustrates me at times. It's quite limiting and makes preparing for the difficult bosses a lot harder. For example I have tried all the preperation I could think of and that I could manage for the first round with Vexen and yet am unable to defeat him in FM. He's way easier in the GBA where all he does the whole time is float around and occasionally freeze you in a block of ice but it doesn't do damage. Here he still freezes you in a block of ice but then smashes you out which is quite an HP consumer. He's relentless in FM. :p

What's more frustrating than Vexen though is how I can't get my Mushu summon from the Room of Rewards in Hallow Bastian because I don't have a red map card with a value of 7! I feel like it would be helpful here.

You're desire to see Axel again will be fulfilled.
Axel is one of the series of final bosses on the 13th floor of Castle Oblivion. You may have a hard time getting that far though, so best of luck. I'm just a door away myself but have read that the final Riku who is first in line is quite the bitch with a sleight called Dark Aura which even when you are at full HP is pretty much impossible to survive. Thus the key and the biggest challenge is to card break it EVERY SINGLE TIME!
Then there is a second round with Larxene who will be much more lethal this time before you'll face Axel also for the second time.

Marluxia is both the semi-final and final battle. According to my guide in the first round while he hardly attacks he only needs a few to get the job done being a user of a very large scythe which gets great distance and some pretty lethal sleights.
In the final battle with him he becomes Marluxia Redux where he now battles via a large robot. Apparently it's not as difficult as it is tedious and time consuming as it appears to be kind of a combination of Oogie Boogie and Ursula.

Here is the guide I use, for specific tips.
Chain of Memories > Walkthroughs (Sora): Floors 12 & 13 - Destiny Islands

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back