• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NOT a hate thread.....BUT......

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku/Sora-Rule

I was soo stoked for this game....until things started coming from TGS....

First off, the dream eaters. It makes me worry that some brand new completely confusing entity is gonna make an appearance that will have people questioning up and down about it. Reasoning? The unversed were controlled by Vanitas, the Heartless are supposed to be the biggest enemy controlled by anyone who controls darkness. The Nobodies were controlled by the organization. now brand new enemies this late in the game??? I'm worried.

Second, party dream eaters? Seriously? I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't look like sparkly happy little things..... A pink fuzzy bat? A fat blue unicorn cat? this is crazy. I personally feel that party members were great. Heck, for those who have seen the Hunchback of Notre Dame, you know of Quasimodo's incredible strength. he could be a valuable partner. Even the link system from BBS was awesome, why not that?

http://images.khinsider.com/TGS 2011/Wandanyan render.png

http://images.khinsider.com/TGS 2011/Koumori Bat render.png

NO COMMENT

This last one, there might be a reason for, but it's still odd as of right now because it's a sequel to KH2, and it should be moving forward, but....

Third and the Biggest issue I have........ They messed up with the main characters! How? Compare them, they are the YOUNGER versions.... It's so easy to tell on Sora for the hair. but just look at a picture of both the older and younger versions. especially Riku, look hard enough past the light blue eyes and the short hair, it's KH 1 and CoM Riku! Plus, they're both way shorter, watch the video footage from TGS of Riku fighting, he's way shorter! Also, look at the head next to the health bar, it's KH 1 and CoM sprites!

http://images.khinsider.com/TGS 2011/Sora Riku TGS clothes render.png

DREAM DROP DISTANCE- RIKU AND SORA

http://dreager1.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/riku1.jpg

ORIGINAL RIKU

http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/333846137/Cosplay-costumes-YF623-Riku-from-Kingdom-Hearts-2.jpg

KH2 RIKU

http://images.wikia.com/kingdomhearts/images/a/a0/Kh-sora-model.jpg

ORIGINAL SORA

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7U_LXgarnr4/TNC8Ny2TT6I/AAAAAAAAABE/Hdrnucq3VSY/s1600/Sora-3.jpg

KH2 SORA

Now here's the deal, I bet alot of people are excited for these new changes, if you are that is fine, I'm not bashing you, this is my own opinion. If you agree that's great, if not, it's cool. please post your opinions and no flaming please!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
omg they are younger we didn't know this since the beginning when KH3D was announced last year and there was the conference earlier this year.

Really, them being younger is a plot relevant point and we'll find out in the game.

Those aren't CoM sprites. :/

I am tired of people posting fifty threads about "omg these creatures idk about them" and "why are they so young" :/ We have like ten other threads talking about the same stuff.

Riku/Sora-Rule

well my bad, I mean RE: CoM, mainly for Riku, my bad lol. and look, I haven't been around here in a while, but the thing is, most of the time, when there r 50 threads, there is barely any chance anyone would see a lone post by you. and sounds like a bad plot if they did that, cuz it sounds like another Coded. the main game isn't very important, the only thing that matters is the outcome. where everyone learned of Sora's fate and connections and that what was what Mickey sent in the letter at the end of KH2..... if you understand what I mean

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i do agreee with you on the entity thing, I dont think every games need new type of enemy and i wanst expecting this. Not only are the covered in rainbow but there less imaginiitive in form.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, This game is supposed to be on par with the main games (they might as well call it KH2.5) in the series so you'll need it for KH3 or you'll miss out on a really great game with A LOT of plot importance. Nothing like Re:coded where you can watch the secret ending and get the important stuff. This game you'll need.

This game will cover the hidden data inside of Sora that will be key to Sora saving everybody he is connected to. It will also develop Sora and Riku's characters, most likely.

Lol, sorry I flipped. It just gets annoying seeing the same posts five times. It is best to just comment in existing threads, especially since it is hard to keep up with the ten already going.

And, think of it this way: we may never have to see these Dream Eaters again. And you might end up liking them. :3 Keep an open mind. Kingdom Hearts is the great experiment, so be open to the new things we get.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Well, This game is supposed to be on par with the main games (they might as well call it KH2.5) in the series so you'll need it for KH3 or you'll miss out on a really great game with A LOT of plot importance. Nothing like Re:coded where you can watch the secret ending and get the important stuff. This game you'll need.

This game will cover the hidden data inside of Sora that will be key to Sora saving everybody he is connected to. It will also develop Sora and Riku's characters, most likely.

Lol, sorry I flipped. It just gets annoying seeing the same posts five times. It is best to just comment in existing threads, especially since it is hard to keep up with the ten already going.

And, think of it this way: we may never have to see these Dream Eaters again. And you might end up liking them. :3 Keep an open mind. Kingdom Hearts is the great experiment, so be open to the new things we get.

oh i proably will end up lieking them, just the new enemies thing for every important title.........

videogamefan

Yeah, we knew about them being younger versions of themselves since KH3D was announced (well, pretty much). The Dream Eaters would make sense in the concept of the game as they are going to a dreamscape type world (kind of paraphrasing) and there would definitely be both good and bad of them as they're probably the natives of the dreamscape. And, if you look at the gameplay videos, you notice that they function in a similar way to Donald and Goofy (though also like Spectrobes).

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - TGS 2011 Gameplay 1 - YouTube <--Riku
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - TGS 2011 Gameplay 2 - YouTube <--Riku
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K297I7zJ3-c&feature=player_embedded <--Sora

I know you have your own opinion, and I respect that, but you should try giving the game a chance. We're still missing some key components like more story info and stuff, so anything could happen. Maybe watch the Japanese version of the game before deciding if the game is either good or bad. Besides, you know that anything Nomura touches turns to gold.

Riku/Sora-Rule

lol it's ok,

and I understand. but while we keep getting all this, about, "oh it's on par and everything", it's looking like a secret video only needed game. the original trailer made it look like what it should have. with Riku and Sora in they're KH2 clothes looking out. but in all sincerity, I hate those stupid creatures. XD I kno KH is also allowed for kids, but come on, KH3, which is hopefully the nest game lol, is the last of the Xeanhort Saga, which means an Old man is gonna bit the dust hahaha. get darker!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
lol it's ok,

and I understand. but while we keep getting all this, about, "oh it's on par and everything", it's looking like a secret video only needed game. the original trailer made it look like what it should have. with Riku and Sora in they're KH2 clothes looking out. but in all sincerity, I hate those stupid creatures. XD I kno KH is also allowed for kids, but come on, KH3, which is hopefully the nest game lol, is the last of the Xeanhort Saga, which means an Old man is gonna bit the dust hahaha. get darker!

Yeah...No. You'll need this game. The original trailer didn't have them in their KH2 clothes. They were in their KH1 clothes. This game has all new worlds, new plot, and extremely large relevance. I don't know how you can skip it.

You can skip the game and go straight to KH3. You probably won't be playing KH3 for another few years and when you do you'll be missing a crapload of information.

KH doesn't need to get dark. It is already "deep" so why do we need "dark"?

You've only seen four or five of the creatures and you already hate them. Oh well.

Riku/Sora-Rule

Yeah, we knew about them being younger versions of themselves since KH3D was announced (well, pretty much). The Dream Eaters would make sense in the concept of the game as they are going to a dreamscape type world (kind of paraphrasing) and there would definitely be both good and bad of them as they're probably the natives of the dreamscape. And, if you look at the gameplay videos, you notice that they function in a similar way to Donald and Goofy (though also like Spectrobes).

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - TGS 2011 Gameplay 1 - YouTube <--Riku
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - TGS 2011 Gameplay 2 - YouTube <--Riku
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K297I7zJ3-c&feature=player_embedded <--Sora

I know you have your own opinion, and I respect that, but you should try giving the game a chance. We're still missing some key components like more story info and stuff, so anything could happen. Maybe watch the Japanese version of the game before deciding if the game is either good or bad. Besides, you know that anything Nomura touches turns to gold.

unfortunately, I feel like the creatures make it look far from a KH title. like Coded. very often it didn't feel like I was playing a KH game cuz of all the technology aspects of it, and I hate saying it, cuz I luv the series. It's my absolute favorite, but that and this r making it look like it's pulling away from it. I mean if they were summons I could probably live with it, but as party members when there could be people like Quasimodo and Phoebus in The City of Bells. even tho Phoebus hasn't been confirmed, he could be potentially valuable.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Do we know that these creatures are going to completely remove the possibility of world party members in 3D? *doesn't remember* Really, this is something you need to be more open to. The series is trying to be fresh while retaining the same feel we've always had in KH. I think it is heading in the right direction with this experimentation.

People were getting bored of the same equation. Most of us guessed what was going to happen in BBS and Days, and honestly we shouldn't be able to do that.

This game has left us surprised at every turn and we still have no idea what this game is going to be.

That is how it should be.

Riku/Sora-Rule

like I said, mainly the thing that has me kind turned off by them is they're design, I mean, if Riku is still for the most part living with the struggling darkness, they could have been dark and creepy with him at the very least lol

videogamefan

unfortunately, I feel like the creatures make it look far from a KH title. like Coded. very often it didn't feel like I was playing a KH game cuz of all the technology aspects of it, and I hate saying it, cuz I luv the series. It's my absolute favorite, but that and this r making it look like it's pulling away from it. I mean if they were summons I could probably live with it, but as party members when there could be people like Quasimodo and Phoebus in The City of Bells. even tho Phoebus hasn't been confirmed, he could be potentially valuable.

Well, ultimately the decision is your own. Like Ethnic Woman says, this game transitions into KH3 and will definitely be needed to understand KH3 to its full potential. I remember how confused I was when I played KH2 without playing COM, especially with the fact that Organization XIII didn't have 13 members in it. The difference is that this one is on par with the other main games as well as a bridge game.

Admittedly, I like the fact that all the games are different somehow because it is a nice way to refresh the series. If not, then it might get kind of boring after having all the same exact things going on (especially gameplay wise). At least this way it won't be as button-mashing as some games are.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I haven't seen this thread 5 times already.
But I do appreciate your politeness

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
like I said, mainly the thing that has me kind turned off by them is they're design, I mean, if Riku is still for the most part living with the struggling darkness, they could have been dark and creepy with him at the very least lol

Riku isn't struggling with the Darkness anymore. He was purified of A:SoD in KH2, and at the very ending of the game he says "If the world is made of light and darkness, we'll be the darkness." You can even seem him using Light and Darkness in the demo videos that came out yesterday.

I'm expecting the Dream Eater bosses to be sorta "creepy"...KH has never had any creepy monsters ever...

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
If they do make them creepy then maybe they should reference some Catherine bosses. Obviously not going to be as creepy but they could still use the idea.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm sorry but a vagina with a tongue and razor teeth is TOO creepy. Or a creepy baby. Lol, they should reference Epic Mickey's concept art. That stuff was creepy.

Riku/Sora-Rule

Well, ultimately the decision is your own. Like Ethnic Woman says, this game transitions into KH3 and will definitely be needed to understand KH3 to its full potential. I remember how confused I was when I played KH2 without playing COM, especially with the fact that Organization XIII didn't have 13 members in it. The difference is that this one is on par with the other main games as well as a bridge game.

Admittedly, I like the fact that all the games are different somehow because it is a nice way to refresh the series. If not, then it might get kind of boring after having all the same exact things going on (especially gameplay wise). At least this way it won't be as button-mashing as some games are.

I'm all for changing it up, making things fresh, but these creatures r too far. as this thread's title is, NOT A HATE THREAD, I never said I wasn't gonna give it a chance, but the fact that this has me questioning WHY? as in WTF IS THIS? instead of WHAT? as in it's mind blowing. as I said I don't want to be, but for this to happen to someone who is as a devoted fan as me, it has me fearing for some crazy things. I love all the games, even the games that alot of fans didn't. Let's face it a decent of ppl weren't as favorable to 358/2 Days as some of the others, but I luved every minute of it. makes me wish that more news would be released faster and they were releasing the game sooner than spring of next year in JAPAN, cuz it means news will trickle in till it's release and we won't get it till fall/winter of next year, or even worse, possibly not even till 2013!... all that build up left me a little disappointed, just want explanations and news FAST lol

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I'm sorry but a vagina with a tongue and razor teeth is TOO creepy. Or a creepy baby. Lol, they should reference Epic Mickey's concept art. That stuff was creepy.

What are you saying Ethnic that is all obviously within the boundaries of a KH game.
Duh

@OP: Bro we know barely anything about this game I'm sure the relevance of these monsters and all your other inquiries shall be answered.
With time

Riku/Sora-Rule

I like that idea with the epic mickey character styles lol

but rly, he is kind of struggling, because in the trailer for DDD, the version of Xeanhort he was facing was the heartless, and I think my best guess is that he intended to use Riku as the same as what he did with Terra. so he's still trying to get him. we'll have to see on that anyway, but, also, Terra noticed him and gave him the keyblade's power because they were the same, terra used the power of darkness, and that was his main connection to Riku when he was young. and darkness can be purified, only the princesses of heart have no darkness in them. in CoM and 358/2 and 2 he used the Darkness. he's still gotta a struggle until Xeanhort is defeated once and for all.

btw I guess creepy wasn't the right word, I guess evil looking was better haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back