• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Not a Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjejr1

What if instead of BBS volume 2 being a game it is instead a cgi movie filling in all the gaps from the end of bbs to KH2.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No. Just no. Why tease fans with playing in the RoD if there wasn't going to be a game?

And a CGI movie would be stupid. This isn't FFVII where it could sorta work since the game hadn't been revisited since the days of the PSX. We've been given games constantly over the past ten years. You just don't stop mid way and say "Oh, here's a movie for you!"

theFUwonderer

This isn't a COMPLETE confirmation either.

I'd say 80% chance of a new game but this still isn't a confirmation

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I agree with Lycoris. Not only do I really, really not want a movie... it doesn't seem like a good idea. I mean, we've gotten 6 games so far... and then in the final mix of one of the games we get to play in the RoD. The secret movie advertises more play value of the RoD... it seems the only likely choice for it to be a game and not a movie. FF7 worked as a movie because the magnitude of FF7's popularity is astounding and like Lycoris said, the game hadn't been revisited in many years.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There is also the fact at the end of said Secret Episode it says "Birth By Sleep Volume II"

Normally you don't tack on "Volume II" to something that isn't a connotation to a game sequel.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
We don't really need that period filled anyways. I mean, if they want to give us a game focusing on Aqua's time in the RoD, that's fine, as we don't know what happened during that time in the slightest. But as for "Riku's time in the RoD" and "The King's time in the RoD", we don't need to see what happened, because we were shown what happened after.

It's like giving us a game focusing on a character's background when we were already given information on that character's background; we don't need it.

As far as a movie goes... I highly doubt anything of the sort will ever happen, and I don't even think I'd want a Kingdom Hearts movie.

Ralz

NO MOVIES! They always end in disaster, if Super Mario Bros. is any indication. We'll finally know Sora, Riku and Kairi's last names, though: Sora. Sora Sora, Riku Sora, and Kairi Sora. Dx

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Dont compare Sora to Aqua D: Aqua is such a better character imo

No fair, Sora had KH2 holding him back. His CoM carnation was amazing though <3

As for the topic at hand... yeah, bandwagonning but hell no.
If ever KH gets something like this, it'll most likely be when the series ends. (or at least a saga) then it'll be a side-story if not a recap. And I'm not ruling out an OVA, oddly.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Dont compare Sora to Aqua D: Aqua is such a better character imo

She might be better but her character goes though similar things like Sora. Sora had to look for his friends, save Kairi, save/find Riku, Aqua had to chase after Terra, has to protect Ven, save Terra and Ven. Not too different plot wise.

Ronove

Sora and Aqua are foils to each other. One's the hero of the realm of light, and the other is shaping up to be the hero of the realm of darkness.
They'd probably be good friends if not for the whole being located in different planes of existence thing.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sora and Aqua are foils to each other. One's the hero of the realm of light, and the other is shaping up to be the hero of the realm of darkness.

They actually have more differences than that, but I blame it mostly on age if nothing else. Aqua's the star pupil who has to prove herself all the time while Sora lets himself rely on his friends, a privilage Aqua doesn't seem to have so much.

They'd probably be good friends if not for the whole being located in different planes of existence thing.

She'd cheer him on with Riku, derp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back