• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nostalgic confusion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybeltane

I have just gotten my hands on the KH1.5 and KH2.5 games, haven't played them since I was a kid and this is very nostalgic!! I used to be such a crazy fangirl 9 years ago :) ! Anyway, to my sorrow, I keep noticing so many apparent plotholes! I wonder are they really plotholes, or have I just forgotten so many things??

Biggest of them for now, has been the fact that KH2 starts with the organization XIII "fooling" Sora into gathering hearts for them. They want kingdom hearts to be made and joyously abuse Sora (now with Roxas gone).
Well...

1. Why do they then, in mid-game, decide to tell Sora their whole plan? They even mock him about it, and risk making him find a way to stop their plan?
2. And not only this. After this they start attacking him personally in various worlds, even risk dying to get their heart-gatherer killed (Xaldin)??

What made them change their plans about Sora?

PS: I DID see the Xemnas cutscene "if he is too weak we don't need him", but it made 0 sense to me. Sora has been doing just fine so far, even killing 1000 heartless for them right before this cutscene.

Emperor

They tell Sora mid-game about their plan because there's literally nothing Sora can do to stop them unless he destroys them all. I think Sora and Goofy put in the best terms themselves, if they just stop slaying Heartless then worlds are going to start falling to darkness again and as kind-hearted individuals, they can't really let that happen.

Demyx attacked Sora because he got fed up with him talking down to him, not to mention he was never a smart member of Orgy anyway. Xaldin fought back because SDG and Beast put him in a corner, and left him with no other options - at least that's what I remember of the situations.

They never really changed their plans, they just figured their was no harm in telling Sora because they got cocky and didn't think he could stop them.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
It's basically a "Damned if I do, damned if I don't" situation. Org. 13 was testing Sora and it so happens that some members went overboard. I don't think Demyx wanted to kill Sora but the situation went south immediately. As for Xaldin, that guy's obsession with the Beast probably got the best of him. I mean the guy has been watching Beast since Days.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Basically what the other two said. I also just blame the "villains are stupid and underestimate the protagonist" cliche. Things probably could've gone smoother for them if they had just. Kept. Their mouths. Shut.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Another factor to keep in mind though is that Xemnas didn't really care about the other Organisation members.
As long as the artificial Kingdom Hearts is completed (and it would be completed either way since as Goofy points out, Sora needs to defeat Heartless in order to prevent them from spreading more chaos in the worlds), everything is fine in Xemnas' eyes and he wouldn't really give a damn if all the other Organisation members were to fall to Sora in the process.

ladybeltane

Ty for the explanations guys, they did give some sense to this! :) I was surprised how fast I got answers, guess KH-fandom is still very alive and kicking (which is great news!)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
The villains' plan was all told to Sora in order to make the player feel helpless and that their journey thus far had been all for nothing, like how Sora felt in the scene where it's revealed to him. If he continues to slay the Heartless, the Organization gains Kingdom Hearts and wins. If he doesn't defeat the Heartless to avoid letting the Organization win, the Heartless take over the worlds. Having that information given to the player in the middle of the game was a great idea because it follows a traditional storytelling formula.

Stories usually have the intro and the rising action sequences, but then plots are developed through a series of attempted goal-attaining, failure, and then rising above that. This happens several times within a single plot until the climax is reached and such. Think about in Mulan when the village is destroyed, or in Beast's Castle when they go there for help and their old friend from KH1 suddenly turns them away. It's these little things of "oh crap, now what do we do" that drive plots forward. The section where Sora learns of all the Organization's plans is the biggest and most effective use of this idea in the whole game, and I'm pretty sure it's also meant to mark the "halfway" point in the story.

Basically, it was a great way of making the player feel the weight of the situation and make them worry how they would succeed in the end, which is what is supposed to be felt in that moment.

Sorakh212

Awards
Playing some of the other games mainly BBS and DDD will help put the whole timeline into perspective for you. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that help explain some of the context you're lacking or perhaps forgetting. Then again the overall plot for the Kingdom Hearts games isn't exactly simple and clean hahaha! There's a lot of intricately woven stories that all end up coming to fruition or connecting together at one point or another and now it all boils down to the events of KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back