• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura's Post-Concert Interview with Famitsu Now Translated

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Better late than never! Famitsu's interview with Tetsuya Nomura, which released just after the concert in Los Angeles last month where a brand new Kingdom Hearts III trailer premiered, has been translated thanks to Goldpanner!

--The audience was super pumped up at the concert, right? What was it like watching from the wings?

Nomura: I said this up on stage too, but the performance was designed so that the music matched the cinematics down to the scene transitions, and I was just watching while being blown away by how perfectly they pulled it off. I also thought that Ms Shimomura's piano performance has only been getting better and better with every country we perform at. We are in Los Angeles now, by the final performance in Osaka I bet she will be flawless! (Laughs.)

--That's a lot of pressure on Ms Shimomura (laughs). When you went on stage, everyone cheered even louder, didn't they?

Nomura: I'd planned on talking about the update and content patches for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX while I was up on stage, but I got overwhelmed by all the cheering and skipped it accidentally (dry laugh).

--What is in the content patch?

Nomura: We have added theatre mode to KH, and added a bit of cutscene to KH 358/2 Days. We had been working on those for a while, but it took a little time to finish, which is how it ended up being timed with this.

--The reaction to the trailer you released was amazing, too, wasn't it? I heard that you won't be any new trailers or announcements regarding KH3 at E3 this year, so it was a nice surprise for Kingdom Hearts fans to see before then.

Nomura: I think a lot of people have misunderstood. Whether or not we use the conferences for each platform to release information depends on what we want to do with the game itself, and since the concert in Los Angeles was going to be around the same time we decided to have it debut there instead.

--I think this way was really nice for fans, much better than having it debut among a lot of other rapid-fire presentations at a conference. The battle clips were loaded with more keyblade transformations and action sequences than we have seen so far, and I was left with the impression that the worlds were rich and varied.

Nomura: But, this time we only showed battle clips from the Hercules world.

--Oh, really? It looked rich in variety, so I guess I thought it was scenes from various worlds.

Nomura: Also, there's a Japanese version and a North American version of this trailer, and the battle scenes were taken from actual play videos of each, so they're actually not the same footage. We used similar scenes, but if you watch them side by side you'll see the difference. I think hardcore fans will get a kick out of checking it out.

--Also, D23 Expo 2017 is coming up next month, isn't it?

Nomura: We've already finished editing the clip we plan to unveil at D23. It's even longer than the one we just released, and on top of that, nearly everything it features is new, so please look forward to it.

Lastly, we were able to talk with Nomura a little about the information he is going to have debut at D23. I was like, "NO FREAKING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I was losing my mind, there in Hollywood deep in the evening. It's amazing. Super amazing, everyone! I am not exaggerating!! Yeah, this is set to be a god among games. I'm sorry to be all smug like this, but of course I can't write about it here. But, I did receive permission to write about my own reaction, so there you have it! Maybe I actually just made things more confusing. Well, make sure you pay attention to the KH3 news releasing at D23!! When it's been officially announced, we here at Famitsu dot com will of course report on it right away, so for more details, look forward to the Weekly Famitsu published around that time!

If you enjoy Goldpanners translations, please considering buying her a cup of coffee sometime!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
tow things that come to mind with the last sentance a big ip or reveal year

(thank you goldpanner for the translations you do here)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wish I could have gone to D23 but it was just too expensive (just ask Spockanort or Sign about my frantic crying about money and travelling halfway across the world). Famitsu better be right with their hype, because I'm so so so ready for brand new footage.

notnow123487

Awards
There's only three things I can think of that would garner that reaction:

1. Star Wars world
2. Marvel world
3. Release date much sooner than we think, within 12ish months.

any other ideas? Frozen is just too obvious to get pumped up like that.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If nothing else, we are getting you to E3 next year, Chaser
I'll soon have my second bachelor's degree so hopefully I can land a job and save some cash for E3 :)

yeah i would like see picture of your face chaser iseen everybody expect for couple people one of them is you chaser
tumblr_o5r4g1V7R61rvon16o4_r2_250.gif

Sonicfan2525

Awards
God bless that reporter lol. Him getting so excited over the information has gotten me even more excited! I can't wait to see what Nomura has planned for us next weekend!

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Thank you again Sam for the translations! Can't wait for the new trailer soon.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Kinda looking forward to it. Seeing as how I actually had a reaction to just the quote of the last trailer, I might actually have emotion in this next trailer so probably will record my reaction this time. ( Though I won't post it on youtube until a future date...)

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Wow. Talk about a reaction from the interviewer. o_0

I actually read all of you guys' comments first--before reading the interview itself--so I knew that the interviewer was apparently hyping up D23, but I had no idea it would be like that.

In fact, that might be the biggest reaction I've ever read from a company that's supposed to try and remain professional and impartial.

I seriously wonder what this could be now. My first thought was Toy Story, since fans have been wanting it for so long, but I don't know if it would warrant such amazement. But I could be wrong.

Maybe Wreck-It-Ralph? Because all the video game jokes, and things that Square Enix could do with it (like putting Dragon Quest characters in Grand Central Station, like Gameexplain came up with) could be awe-inspiring?

In any case, I'm even more excited for D23 now. And I didn't even think that was possible.

And thank you so much for the translation, Goldpanner!^^

You know... The interviewer's mood reminds me a bit of when Famitsu saw Neku in a DDD trailer, but they didn't mention his name in the interview and kept it a secret at the time. But only ever so slightly. That response was much more subdued compared to THIS!:)

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Do not worry, lads. The wait is almost over. We will know soon enough~

This month went by pretty quickly!

Fingers crossed we get a release window. I still find it kinda weird that KH3 is getting this much attention.

Thanks for the translations GoldPanner.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Nomura: Also, there's a Japanese version and a North American version of this trailer, and the battle scenes were taken from actual play videos of each, so they're actually not the same footage. We used similar scenes, but if you watch them side by side you'll see the difference. I think hardcore fans will get a kick out of checking it out.
Yo, I totally called it.

Please please please mean simultaneous release

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i would like to be out same time as use but isnt japan a day of us so can it be same time relase
It can.

If something releases July 11th in Japan and July 10th in America, there's a few hours of exclusivity but ultimately it'd be a same day release.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm pretty certain they are aiming for worldwide same day/week. They know that leaving a gap between regions for highly anticipated titles is a thing of the past. As a flagship title, their resources should definitely be going good into simultaneously localizing this game.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It can.

If something releases July 11th in Japan and July 10th in America, there's a few hours of exclusivity but ultimately it'd be a same day release.

I'm pretty certain they are aiming for worldwide same day/week. They know that leaving a gap between regions for highly anticipated titles is a thing of the past. As a flagship title, their resources should definitely be going good into simultaneously localizing this game.

The CEO of Square Enix, Yosuke Mitsuda stressed simultaneous worldwide releases for their flagship titles, and that they will try and publish a blockbuster flagship title each year. Final Fantasy XV already took the 2016 slot, Dragon Quest XI is taking the 2017 slot, and a lot of signs are pointing to Kingdom Hearts having the 2018 slot.

Plus, Square Enix would be jeapordising sales by seperating the release date with Japan and the rest of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back