• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura's Post-Concert Interview with Famitsu Now Translated

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
The person conducting the interview sure seems excited! I am very curious of what is going to be the new world they reveal. An older Disney movie that has not been in the past games yet would be nice.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
The person conducting the interview sure seems excited! I am very curious of what is going to be the new world they reveal. An older Disney movie that has not been in the past games yet would be nice.
it could be big ip that we never expexted to be in kh

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I probably sound like a downer, but I do hope that it won't be Marvel or Star Wars stuff.

i am sorry i opened the pandora's box
no dont be that okay i underand where it coming that you opion and i expect that i was just takling guess after the way the intiview sounded

Muke

whatever
Awards
I also don't want Star Wars and/or Marvel in KH, like, ever

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
yeah i underatand why people dont want in kh but if they want bring new people having a world like star wars can do that

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I probably sound like a downer, but I do hope that it won't be Marvel or Star Wars stuff.

i am sorry i opened the pandora's box

I mean, I don't want it either but I'm not against references or easter eggs.

With Star Wars, they could have a random lightsaber or model Death Star hiding away in a corner of some broom closet or toys in a Toy Story based world if that happens. Silly downloadable costumes to celebrate the release of Episode VIII haha. Shit like that is innocuous and fairly common. We see it happen in all sorts of crossover campaigns all of the time with games, too.

Same kind of deal with Marvel. Weapon or costume DLC. It's not harmful. The worst it can do is make people start nagging for actual worlds but I think as long as it is clearly defined as references or campaign stuff, then it doesn't hurt anybody to have it in.

Muke

whatever
Awards

With Star Wars, they could have a random lightsaber or model Death Star hiding away in a corner of some broom closet or toys in a Toy Story based world if that happens. Silly downloadable costumes to celebrate the release of Episode VIII haha. Shit like that is innocuous and fairly common. We see it happen in all sorts of crossover campaigns all of the time with games, too.

Same kind of deal with Marvel. Weapon or costume DLC. It's not harmful. The worst it can do is make people start nagging for actual worlds but I think as long as it is clearly defined as references or campaign stuff, then it doesn't hurt anybody to have it in.
Yeah, basically this! I was actually talking about world visits, should've specified

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
no dont be that okay i underand where it coming that you opion and i expect that i was just takling guess after the way the intiview sounded

No worries mate!

tumblr_inline_nda8yiEiPP1s0xpld.png

I would be all right with small stuff like this. Also I think it might have been you or someone else who played around with the idea of some Star Was-themed enemy Gummi ships during the possible Gummi ship sections of KHIII. That would be fine with me too.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Or, san fransokyo could act as an open world city with a main story and various side quests. The main story obviously being that of big hero 6, but the side quests could be other marvel super heros needing assistance and the occasional citizen needing saving. Like the Lego marvel super hero game. You can go to the story points, or do odd quests around the city. It would give variance to the gameplay and give a place to contain the marvel characters without having to recreate New York City (which I would love. Honestly, I'm in board for a "marvel" world based on NYC). Just a way to add cameos and content

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I've always felt Big Hero 6 is enough as a nod to Marvel even though it's not really Marvel? The Marvel universe has lots of characters, it's pretty much like opening Pandora's box, and you'd have to fight/decide over which one deserves a cameo.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Judging by his reaction I'd be shocked if it isn't Star Wars marvel or Pixar.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I mean... not really? Does one movie being included make this game "a god among games"?

Even if so, it's completely up to opinions. The person might as well be a big fan of, say, Pocahontas, and freaked out when he saw/heard about the footage.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I mean... not really? Does one movie being included make this game "a god among games"?

Even if so, it's completely up to opinions. The person might as well be a big fan of, say, Pocahontas, and freaked out when he saw/heard about the footage.
yeah true it rally what depends on everone taste

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've always felt Big Hero 6 is enough as a nod to Marvel even though it's not really Marvel? The Marvel universe has lots of characters, it's pretty much like opening Pandora's box, and you'd have to fight/decide over which one deserves a cameo.

Not that I'm saying I want this to happen or expect it to happen, but if they were going to have a cameo they would likely default to Spider-Man. Unlike Iron Man, Captain America, and the rest, Spider-Man has always seemed to have mass audience appeal and was certainly the most popular Marvel hero to people for years.

Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, and the rest had their varying levels of popularity but they weren't as well known as Spider-Man until first Iron Man film paved the way for the MCU.

To this day, I think any Star Wars world would be too much and way too on the nose for a series that is extremely inspired by Star Wars.

yeah true it rally what depends on everone taste

Mm, but you have to consider they are calling it a god among games. That sort of sets a certain precedent for expectations, too lol

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm a guy who wanted a Power Rangers worlds back when Disney still owned that show. Star Wars seems downright mudane by comparison.

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
to this day, I think any Star Wars world would be too much and way too on the nose for a series that is extremely inspired by Star Wars.

Mm, but you have to consider they are calling it a god among games. That sort of sets a certain precedent for expectations, too lol
what about a star wars rebel world that could work yeah it main movie star wars but it oculd fit in kh and also what world could make the person freak out so much

Awards
That hype though.. I'm seriously itching to find out what is so god like about the reveal. The only things I can surmise that would possibly reach those levels of hype is a totally out-of-left-field new World, or possibly yet another game mechanic.

Only seven days leffffft....

Awards
During the KH orchestra concert in Osaka, Japan, Nomura said that he ended up raising expectations for the D23 trailer, and that the info there would just be "normal" info.

Time to start lowering expectations, people.

CrystalRaine

Unless the interviewer was just massively over-hyping the content of the trailer, I'm getting the feeling that a huge, unexpected IP is going to be revealed. Marvel and Star Wars seem to be way too obvious to garner that sort of reaction, but there's another huge, Disney-owned IP that nobody has really discussed yet: What about Indiana Jones? There's a new movie coming out in 2019, and if KH3 is coming out at around the same time, then it would make for a great tie-in. Honestly, if Indiana Jones was the world announced next week, then it would be such an unexpected surprise, I know I'd be shook!

Also, I know this is a common trope in fiction, but doesn't the Adventurer Heartless from UX have a bit of an Indy theme going on?

300px-Adventurer_KHUX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back