• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura, you are reeeealy streching it this time

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid-A

well either KHIII does a damn good job, or the whole series fails
I agree with this

but I really do think the KH1 was the best game (even though COM has my fav story) and the sequals can only be that, sequals

so I agree that they may be milking it a bit. but to NOT see more or the story would be a shame in of itself. I just hope that they don't ruin it

KH can never be as deep as a Final Fantasy, nor can it be as accecible and a Disney Movie its the happy medium, you can't ask too much from sequals, basically copies, of a hybrid

I think KH has done more than what it needs to, one of the best RPG's to come out ever in my honest opinion but like I said it can't be a Final Fantasy

leonidus

Well for starters, I think DQ > FF, and complex story structure does not always make a a story better. That being said, KH1 had a good basic story. I think it has been going down hill since(storywise) untill BBS(I think KH gameplay is excellent though). Nomura has indeed been playing with and stretching the rules, and the plot device of alternate identities has been used to death. This is clear in that saying Ansem or Xehanort can mean ike 5 different things. CoM was i weak, KH2 which relied heavily on the whole stupid "nobodies" concept was a story failute IMO. But BBS has an ok story. I like where this is going. The characters are getting better, and the story coming together.
I do however, think that Nomura should avoid getting anymore wordy or "complex." I am finding a lot of people here are impressed with KH's so called "complexity." I disagree completely. I find that KH becoming more complex is it's biggest downfall. Nobodies are empty bodies with memories? Heartless are corrupted hearts as opposed to people without hearts? it gets a bit ridiculous with all of the terms they throw around and the 5 forms of Xehanort and Sora. It was best when they stuck with Hearltess.

I did not mean DQ is worse or better than FF, I simply stated that it's story is more straightforward. I like it a lot, being and staying traditional.
As for KH1, exactly. Basic story was good. The problem is that in that game there is absolutely NO ground on which the size of it's later games asks for. If they wanted to create something this big, you need to prepare a bigger bag. KH1 was not big enough for something like this.

OSM1017

As much as I like BBS, the series as a whole has become a convoluted mess when it was originally a simple fairy tale-like story. It's like watching a trainwreck, I swear.
Exactly my feelings. After KH1 I expected something just as fairytale like, not something with an incredible amount of underlying plots and questions, and the incredible amount of fan appeal and homosexual undertones certainly didn't help either. It just started feeling less and less like what I wanted KH to be, or assumed it was.

Girl'e

For every game that comes out it just gets more darker and complex; which is just the way I like it.

Kid-A

Exactly my feelings. After KH1 I expected something just as fairytale like, not something with an incredible amount of underlying plots and questions.
though also you'd be basically telling the same story over again

you have to add something to a story or it gets boring, thats why the second act in a play normally is alot sadder or soemthing bad happens. its all to make you not be able to wait to see the next part

without those underlying plots and questions, you would lose interrest

OSM1017

though also you'd be basically telling the same story over again

you have to add something to a story or it gets boring, thats why the second act in a play normally is alot sadder or soemthing bad happens. its all to make you not be able to wait to see the next part

without those underlying plots and questions, you would lose interrest
This is also very true, and you're probably right for the most part. I'm still here, so I guess it's not all that bad really. It's still a mess though.

Lelouch

Most of the FF games weren't all that deep either. They were rather simple and straightfoward. Anyway I like the direction of the KH series especially since I do like dark stuff (huge megaten fan). The story is still simple and lighthearted but have some level of seriousness and darkness. I started with KH1 back when I was 15, and in hindsight it was a rather mediocre game. It didn't really have much going for it until HB. The later games were superior in everything except nostalgia IMO.

Kid-A

This is also very true, and you're probably right for the most part. I'm still here, so I guess it's not all that bad really. It's still a mess though.
well something else to think about

for 3 games we've delt with side-stories

KH1 and KH2 were alot more lighthearted than 358/2 days and COM

I mean COM raised some really big moral and philisophical questions with riku's story and delt with memory in sora's. hard hitting subjects for a video game aimed at early teen year range people

KH2 didn't have these overall themes save for the idea of "nothingness' and I think that was put in because they wanted sympathy for the nobodies, especially axel.

so maybe the main series is more of the fairytale and teh side stories are more geared towards smaller audiences

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
o_O so you find it confusing...
I don't think he's going to far. Yes its confusing, and so is Metal Gear if you haven't played all of the games, or did your research. :V Just a couple somethin' months ago, I swear I heard people complaning over not much information really being given from Coded and Days...
And the questions D:. He already said it was going to have questions more than answers, so ur kinda late .-.
spoitime

Kid-A

o_O so you find it confusing...
I don't think he's going to far. Yes its confusing, and so is Metal Gear if you haven't played all of the games, or did your research. :V Just a couple somethin' months ago, I swear I heard people complaning over not much information really being given from Coded and Days...
And the questions D:. He already said it was going to have questions more than answers, so ur kinda late .-.
spoitime

I didn't say I find it confusing "for a game aimed at early teen-age people"

its subject matter that you don't always find in video games

if you want a game that has some deep shit goin on go into the symbolism in Silent Hill

but I digress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back