• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura: "We'd like to put BBS on PlayStation Network buuuuuut..."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
You've got to to be kidding right? Why in the hell would they release BBS vol. 2 on the ps3 when they haven't even made KH3 yet all side games except for re: chain of memories have been released on handhelds why would they put BBS on the psp then put vol.2 on the ps3 that wouldn't any sense seeing as how they had a special psp just for BBS .

This is in no form meant to be disrespectful sorry if it seems so.
re:chain wasnt a side game it was a bridge game without its kh2 doesnt make sense where it starts

YoshiAngemon

I dunno, makes perfect sense to me. In a way, if one were to have BBS Volume 1, and then get BBS Volume 2 for PS3, they could link the data of the game with the PS3 Counterpart. This way, we can unlock some bonuses.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I dunno, makes perfect sense to me. In a way, if one were to have BBS Volume 1, and then get BBS Volume 2 for PS3, they could link the data of the game with the PS3 Counterpart. This way, we can unlock some bonuses.

Or, we have it built for the PSP and released for both the PSP and PSN where it is accessible to NGP users and using the save data on your memory stick, you can access bonuses. -_-

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why is Disney such a jack ass! I mean you think that maybe they follow Normua seeing how made Mickey become the kick ass he is today in Epic Mickey!

Well, it isn't so much of them being "jack asses" but more like they are concerned over piracy. Disney has strong beliefs over piracy and what they allow to be accessed via internet.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Back on topic here, here's the translation from Andriasang:

Regarding a possible Kingom Hearts Birth by Sleep download release, Nomura says that this is difficult for a reason he can't say. The problem is separate from Square Enix, Disney or Utada Hikaru (who sings the theme songs). "I want to do something, but it will take time."

I think most everyone would agree that Andriasang is usually right about their Japanese magazine info. So, it's not the digital rights that are holding it up, it's something else (and whatever it is, it's being worked on).

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it has something to do with either a) releasing the Final Mix version in the US, b) offering a HD remix for NGP, or c) Birth by Sleep Volume 2.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm sure this whole thing has nothing to do with piracy. It's already playable on 1000, 2000, 3000, and Go via CFW. Releasing it digitally wouldn't make it more available to pirates, it'd only make it more available to honest customers and future NGP customers. In fact, this would only affect sales in a positive way.

But I wonder what the problem is...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm sure this whole thing has nothing to do with piracy. It's already playable on 1000, 2000, 3000, and Go via CFW. Releasing it digitally wouldn't make it more available to pirates, it'd only make it more available to honest customers and future NGP customers. In fact, this would only affect sales in a positive way.

But I wonder what the problem is...

SE is aware of the piracy, but Disney is always fickle when it comes to digital content.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
More reports are confirming that it's not a legal matter between S-E and Disney/Utada and that it's a project Nom-chan's working on (whatever that is). So I'm going to go with that. ;]

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
Back on topic here, here's the translation from Andriasang:

Regarding a possible Kingom Hearts Birth by Sleep download release, Nomura says that this is difficult for a reason he can't say. The problem is separate from Square Enix, Disney or Utada Hikaru (who sings the theme songs). "I want to do something, but it will take time."

I think most everyone would agree that Andriasang is usually right about their Japanese magazine info. So, it's not the digital rights that are holding it up, it's something else (and whatever it is, it's being worked on).

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it has something to do with either a) releasing the Final Mix version in the US, b) offering a HD remix for NGP, or c) Birth by Sleep Volume 2.

I knew Disney and Utada wouldn't hold them back. If a is their reason, though, then I'm excited to finally be able to play the Final Mixes, it's most likely c, however.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
SE is aware of the piracy, but Disney is always fickle when it comes to digital content.

I don't understand why they wouldn't allow BBS though.
Anyone with a hacked PSP of any model can get it already.
Releasing it digitally so the people that have Go can get it would only make sense.
More honest customers can get game = more honest customers can get game = More $
And more money never hurt any- Never mind.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I can see the possibility of some sort of already planned physical re-release of BBS getting in the way of a digital one.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I can see the possibility of some sort of already planned physical re-release of BBS getting in the way of a digital one.

Yeah, if they were doing a physical re-release of Birth by Sleep on NGP, they might want to hold off on the digital version until NGP launches. Having it available digitally beforehand doesn't seem likely to hurt them (unless the NGP version is better, in which case people might complain that they purchased the digital version because they thought they wouldn't get it on NGP otherwise), but saving it until the physical re-release could help with marketing.

Sora3000

Awards
If it has to be after the physical re-release, I really hope the wait won't be way too long. Hearing that they are planning to make a digital version of BBS on the PSN made me think it might be the only way I can finally get a chance to play it on my PS3. And if that were the case, I hope and pray that my father and I will be able to know what we need and how to somehow get the PS3 connected to the Internet.

Cheaken

Awards
If it has to be after the physical re-release, I really hope the wait won't be way too long. Hearing that they are planning to make a digital version of BBS on the PSN made me think it might be the only way I can finally get a chance to play it on my PS3. And if that were the case, I hope and pray that my father and I will be able to know what we need and how to somehow get the PS3 connected to the Internet.
You can't play PSP games on the PS3, even if you get them off of the PSN.

Sora3000

Awards
You can't play PSP games on the PS3, even if you get them off of the PSN.

What do you mean!? I just went to the PSN website and while I was searching through PSP games, there are some that have this icon to click on, "How to download to your PS3." If you click on it, a video will pop up and show you how. If you don't believe me, here is the link and I hope you will find it convincing: http://http://us.playstation.com/psn/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back