• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura: Voice recording for Kingdom Hearts underway & on Sora in Dissidia Final Fantasy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

7th_heaven

Awards
I never knew I needed a game like that but I really need a game like that. That looks so coool and pretty much how I always imagined KH pvp would be.
One of the best pvp video I've ever seen :biggrin:
[video=youtube;3GemUcvmlR0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GemUcvmlR0&index=22&list=FLsU2k2nO92qDx8uovy-oIDw[/video]
[video=youtube;pE49jcZDAkc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE49jcZDAkc&index=46&list=FLsU2k2nO92qDx8uovy-oIDw[/video]

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And Disney again was the cause of the shift.
Since they were so opposed in Dissidia being KH in the first place, perhaps we'll never get one.
Or maybe, when the roster will be vast enough we will.

They didn't oppose it. Nomura never pitched the idea to them because he thought they wouldn't want their characters to be depicted in a violent manner. What nobody knew was that Disney had a fighting game in development before they shelved it.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
They didn't oppose it. Nomura never pitched the idea to them because he thought they wouldn't want their characters to be depicted in a violent manner. What nobody knew was that Disney had a fighting game in development before they shelved it.

Ok, my source put that differently and hid Nomura's part.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Interesting. I guess by KH Nomura means 2.8. I don´t think they would have started recording for III yet. The comment about recording voices for the VII remake makes me wonder how far they are on the development.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Interesting. I guess by KH Nomura means 2.8. I don´t think they would have started recording for III yet. The comment about recording voices for the VII remake makes me wonder how far they are on the development.
why would nomura mean 2.8 when we know 2.8 been voice acording he talking about kh3 like for the trailers in december

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
why would nomura mean 2.8 when we know 2.8 been voice acording he talking about kh3 like for the trailers in december

Aah we know that recording for 2.8 has seemed to start already, but have we gotten an confirmation about this from Nomura? Maybe this was the first time when he said it. Of course it is very possible that he means III and the future trailer in December like you say.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
it for the winter news that coming up in december likely kh 3 trailer and stuff

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Aah we know that recording for 2.8 has seemed to start already, but have we gotten an confirmation about this from Nomura? Maybe this was the first time when he said it. Of course it is very possible that he means III and the future trailer in December like you say.

Start?
The game was originally to release in about 2.5 months from now. That's not where voice recording starts, that's actually where it should be finished imo.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I really hope that this means we'll finally be getting a story trailer this winter! Eep!

Anyway, I really truly think that Kingdom Hearts III is much farther along than Square Enix wants us to think.

Granted, I doubt that they're in post-production. And I even doubt that they have the master copy of the game complete yet, but I'd like to imagine that they're at least getting somewhere close to that.

They've been working on this game for three years (if not a bit longer than that, because I imagine that they were working on III for a small bit before they announced it... Though switching from Luminous to Unreal Engine 4 probably did cost them some of their work), and that's how long it took them to make both Kingdom Hearts I and Kingdom Hearts II, IIRC. And it looks like they're going to be working on the game for one more year, at least. And I do think four years is a considerable amount of time to get things done in.

I know that KHIII's a much more ambitious title than any of the others in this franchise, though, and that this is really the Osaka team's first time making a game for consoles (as Re:Chain of Memories was just a remake of an already existing game), so that should be taken into consideration. I'm not going to deny that.

But I still think they have a lot more done than they're showing, which is why they keep showing older builds of the game (i.e. the Jump Festa KHIII trailer, I mean)--because they want to surprise everyone when they have a huge news blowout that shows how much of the game they really have completed.

But there is just too much going on for me not to believe this: Final Fantasy XV wrapping up production (where afterwards, the Tokyo team will help even more to get KHIII out the door)... Nomura saying that he has a lot of anniversary surprises lined up for us next year (which a lot of us took to mean that one of them is KHIII releasing at the end of next year)... the two Sora figures... different people saying they've done voice work for KHIII now... Square Enix hiring for post-production when it comes to KHIII (though I imagine they probably hire people for that early)... the fact that they've had a whole year where they've done nothing but work on this game, and haven't even had any press about it... and now this.

So until proven otherwise, I'm going to believe that this game's development is going steadily and that we may get it sooner that what we're thinking right now.

Maybe not by much (and tbh, the II.8 delay might have set it back some), but I do still believe that this game is at least somewhat more complete than we've been led to believe. Just how much that is, however, is yet to be seen.

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I really hope that this means we'll finally be getting a story trailer this winter! Eep!

Anyway, I really truly think that Kingdom Hearts III is much farther along than Square Enix wants us to think.

Granted, I doubt that they're in post-production. And I even doubt that they have the master copy of the game complete yet, but I'd like to imagine that they're at least getting somewhere close to that.

They've been working on this game for three years (if not a bit longer than that, because I imagine that they were working on III for a small bit before they announced it... Though switching from Luminus to Unreal Engine 4 probably did cost them some of their work), and that's how long it took them to make both Kingdom Hearts I and Kingdom Hearts II, IIRC. And it looks like they're going to be working on the game for one more year, at least. And I do think four years is a considerable amount of time to get things done in.

I know that KHIII's a much more ambitious title than any of the others in this franchise, though, and that this is really the Osaka team's first time making a game for consoles (as Re:Chain of Memories was just a remake of an already existing game), so that should be taken into consideration. I'm not going to deny that.

But I still think they have a lot more done than they're showing, which is why they keep showing older builds of the game (i.e. the Jump Festa KHIII trailer, I mean)--because they want to surprise everyone when they have a huge news blowout that shows how much of the game they really have completed.

But there is just too much going on for me not to believe this: Final Fantasy XV wrapping up production (where afterwards, the Tokyo team will help even more to get KHIII out the door)... Nomura saying that he has a lot of anniversary surprises lined up for us next year (which a lot of us took to mean that one of them is KHIII releasing at the end of next year)... the two Sora figures... different people saying they've done voice work for KHIII now... Square Enix hiring for post-production when it comes to KHIII (though I imagine they probably hire people for that early)... the fact that they've had a whole year where they've done nothing but work on this game, and haven't even had any press about it... and now this.

So until proven otherwise, I'm going to believe that this game's development is going steadily and that we may get it sooner that what we're thinking right now.

Maybe not by much (and tbh, the II.8 delay might have set it back some), but I do still believe that this game is at least somewhat more complete than we've been led to believe. Just how much that is, however, is yet to be seen.
yeah i just think just a trailer ofsome sort like maybe kairi and riku new clothes designs as well

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Am I alone in thinking that we won't be getting news of KH3 this December since it was explicitly stated that they were waiting to give KH3 news until after 2.8 was released? 2.8 pushed back, would imply KH3 news pushed back.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Am I alone in thinking that we won't be getting news of KH3 this December since it was explicitly stated that they were waiting to give KH3 news until after 2.8 was released? 2.8 pushed back, would imply KH3 news pushed back.
All that was said was that there'd be KH3 news this winter. Winter lasts well past January when 2.8 comes out.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
no not really just becuase 2.8 was pushed back doesnt mean the new was moved back espially there two event in decmber to show kh3 stuffand dont see any event in janurary to show kh3 stuff at

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
no not really just becuase 2.8 was pushed back doesnt mean the new was moved back espially there two event in decmber to show kh3 stuff
It's not unreasonable to be concerned. The main reason why SE's been holding back on KH3 news is to keep 2.8 up front and in the spotlight. 2.8 was supposed to be released in December, and the KH3 news would drop after that. Now that it's been pushed back, it's not out of the question that the news drop will be delayed as well.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
It's not unreasonable to be concerned. The main reason why SE's been holding back on KH3 news is to keep 2.8 up front and in the spotlight. 2.8 was supposed to be released in December, and the KH3 news would drop after that. Now that it's been pushed back, it's not out of the question that the news drop will be delayed as well.
they could still 2.8 and kingdom hearts 3 at the same though like maybe at jump festa or at the playstation experince

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
they could still 2.8 and kingdom hearts 3 at the same though like maybe at jump festa or at the playstation experince
You're missing the point they're trying to convey.

If they dropped news about both titles at the same time, KH3 would completely overshadow 2.8.

SoraForeverKH

It's got to be voice recording for Kingdom Hearts III he's talking about. It looks like the recording for 2.8 was finished with a long time ago. I've got a funny feel that our KH III will have a surprisingly fast release. A lot sooner than we all think. It just seems like something Square Enix would do. "Right! I'm good with that!" Data Sora

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

If they dropped news about both titles at the same time, KH3 would completely overshadow 2.8.
yeah true but i think they movie 3 news just 2,8 was pushed back

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
yeah true but i think they movie 3 news just 2,8 was pushed back
2.8 was pushed back to January and winter lasts from December to February. They'd still be making their winter "promise" with February.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Though to be fair, none of us thought that KHIII would be announced until I.5 and II.5 were out--because we thought that III would overshadow them--and we all remember what happened during that one landmark E3, so who really knows?:)

(And there have been other instances of Square putting slight III stuff behind a Remix trailer, and seeming not to worry about III overshadowing it then.)

But tbh, I do think you guys are right in that we won't be getting anything for III until after II.8's out, and I believe that Nomura's even hinted at that.

Though wasn't that before the delay happened? So maybe his plans might have changed since then? ...With whatever that ends up entailing?

Of course, a lot of it might not even be up to Nomura-san. It's all probably Square Enix's marketing team's ideas, I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back