• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura: "There is no connection between" Kingdom Hearts III and NEO: TWEWY

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally I believe that the Shibuya's and general Tokyo areas aren't the same, but I kind of expect for the Neo:TWEWY characters to appear in some form in the next KH game. It just seems like an odd choice to create to games that have already overlapped in the crossover series, to take place in the same city districts and there to not be some kind of call out at least.

Plus with KH being the better known series, I have the feeling they might include some Neo:TWEWY to help promote it later on.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I feel bad for Nomura now cuz he can't say anything without people doubting him at this point lol

Like the only thing no one doubts is the no new KH releases in 2021 comment.

And about that I realized that "no new releases in 2021" doesn't mean "No announcements in 2021" so here's hoping for E3 KH ^w^
I mean, his years of lying has done this so how can we blame anybody lol

I learned my lesson in the CoM days when he said Namine was not Kairi's Nobody, then he turned around and revealed her to be her Nobody in KH2.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Although Nomura says there not connected, I’m not 100% convinced on what he‘s saying after all this is the same guy when asked about the Nameless star identity said “ it’s a character who has previously appeared in the series”

He may of not been lying but I don’t really count a character who has just appeared for the first time in KH3 and was only seen for about a minute as a character who has “previously appeared in the series”

I don’t care whether there is a connection between the two games or not, but all I’m saying is Nomura likes to add unexpected stuff in his games so honestly in the next KH game I would not be surprised if he decided to add something to do with NEO: TWEWY into the game

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
About Nomura?

Honestly imagine if he finds out that people constantly doubt the things he says
He'd probably get a good chuckle out of it tbh.

Unless of course he's being fed bad info again, in which case good luck to us lol

Awards
I have no problem if this really gonna be the case, but on the other hand I cant fully believe Nomura because if I would have something like that in my game I wouldn't say it out loud in public before the release to spoil such a cool thing.

We will see. 👍

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Nomura is the liar paradox...y'all know the one. "Everything I say is a lie. Am I telling the truth?"
maxresdefault.jpg

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I always viewed "reconnect" to be used in lieu of "to be continued" until they reached KH3, and "an oath to return" is the new "to be continued."

Both suck, just say TBC lol.

Zelxa

Awards
I dunno, feels like he wanted to make something that can lead into a sequel potential. I mean how many times did we see Hype Chan? Twice before she actually got a real introduction? But back in Solo Remix he probably just made her to tease everyone without actually thinking of a real plot until later. ( not a bad thing though, at least for me. )

It's kinda the same thing to other KH Final Mixes. I mean some people agree KHII should've been the real end, much like how OG TWEWY could've ended, but KH II Final Mix happened to link Birth By Sleep with a secret ending, and Solo Remix teasing hype chan as a secret ending. And then KH3's Yozora and 104 secret ending.

It's probably a reminder for him because it feels like Kingdom Hearts will be abandonded for a few years to focus on other games, much like how they abandonded TWEWY.

That said, him saying it's not connected just makes me think he still hasn't come up with anything yet, oh who knows that 104 may not be connected to first TWEWY or Neo, but the future events after Neo. Maybe KH3's sequel and NeoTWEWY's sequel is going to be one game, or it might be a Dissidia sequel overall where not all Final Fantasy characters but entirely Square Enix characters are gathered. Or Verum Rex IS the sequel and TWEWY and KH characters are just supporting characters like what they did to FF characters in KH, they exist but as entirely different beings, but TWEWY in DDD would still be the basis.

Welp, cast the firagas and i-flares on me now, KH and TWEWY fans.

GreyouTT

Awards
The fanbase lasted 4 months of 2021's new drought before cracking from desperation. 🤣

Also the 104 thing is just because they can't legally use 109 from the irl building right? I don't think that insinuates a connection but just trying to keep the recreation of Shibuya accurate while staying in the legal clear.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
1619687799915.png

I think as long as we live in a world where this^ is happening, getting pissed at people for theorizing about the literal same sky on the box art is pedantic

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
View attachment 13838

I think as long as we live in a world where this^ is happening, getting pissed at people for theorizing about the literal same sky on the box art is pedantic

Never mind the fact that Nomura said after KH3 released that Yozora was not what we were thinking and had no relation to Versus XIII then we get this crap lol

I trust Nomura about as much as I trust the Kingdom Hearts UX Global staff, which is like not even a little bit at all.

The fanbase lasted 4 months of 2021's new drought before cracking from desperation. 🤣

Also the 104 thing is just because they can't legally use 109 from the irl building right? I don't think that insinuates a connection but just trying to keep the recreation of Shibuya accurate while staying in the legal clear.

Yeah, but they can use any iteration of 10(?) and it didn’t need to be 104 which everybody knew from TWEWY. 103 would have been cheeky and cute considering it was KH3 or 107 with 7 representing the light/darkness/whatever.

Back