• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura talks Final Fantasy characters, Cooking with Remy, Aqua's Reveal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallflower3582

Re: Nomura talks Final Fantasy characters, Cooking with Remy, Aqua�s Reveal

"I just wonder if everyone will be okay.".

Lol we're dead. If he didn't predict the reaction to dark Aqua, then we're all dead.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Nomura talks Final Fantasy characters, Cooking with Remy, Aqua‘s Reveal

I've noticed that Nomura and someone else connected to the game has specifically said, "Aqua has fallen to darkness". Is being Norted really the equivalent to falling to darkness? I mean sure, falling to darkness can lead to being Norted obviously, but, I dunno. Why not explicitly say "Aqua succumbed to Xehanort" or something?

If Aqua is not norted, maybe the yellow eyes aren't unique to Xehanort after all? Back when we saw the first footage of young Xehanort and Eraqus playing chess, I noted that it didn't look like Xehanort's eyes were gold, or that gold was mixed in with brown. And we know from the Xehanort reports that Xehanort purposely exposed himself to the darkness at some points during his life.

Could the golden eyes and possibly pointy ears actually be a sign of darkness and not just Xehanort? This would totally explain Braig's transformation by the end of Birth by Sleep because I'm pretty sure Braig was NOT norted yet when he and Aqua fought and yet he had golden eyes (and possibly pointy ears, I don't remember)

But I thought Nomura explicitly said the eyes and ears were unique to Xehanort, or maybe I'm misremembering.

You're not exactly misremembering, but it was never outright stated somewhere in-game, it was as so often in an interview:

BBS Ultimania said:
Comparing the Organisation members when they were human to when they were in the Organisation, apart from Xehanort, only Isa and Braig have differently-shaped ears and differently-coloured eyes - why is this?

Nomura: It's a question of whether or not they're deeply connected to Xehanort. In Braig's case, comparing the scene where he's injured in his battle with Terra and flares up at Xehanort, his appearance afterwards changes, which hints that something happened with Xehanort in between.

It is given directly there that it has to do with a deep connection to Xehanort, although one has to concede that the interviewer is speaking about the golden eyes and the pointy ears with Nomura giving no further specification.

Xaldin for example has the pointy ears, but not the golden eyes.

If this has any meaning it has not been addressed yet.

In both BBS amd DDD though the camera flares up directly into Braig's remaining eye to emphasize the golden color.

There is of course still a window of interpretation that it could mean both in some fashion as Xehanort possession is clearly meant to be seen as a power of Darkness.

Many of the fan interpretations of it being a sign of Darkness and not only Xehanort also bring up the issue that the Heartless have yellow eyes as well (and the Darklings in X[chi] also have them).

Still, this would open yet another can of worms as if this is the case it would become harder to distinguish a victim of Xehanort possession from someone who "just" fell to Darkness.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards

I think what he means by the FF characters is that we are unlikely to see a large gang of them like Leon and co. or Seifer and his buds again. When they include characters they are probably more likely going to be doing their own thing like Zack was, not that they aren't going to be in the game at all.

That being said, Lightning is probably a go then because she could very easily just be wandering around on her own.

KeyToDestiny

Awards

Nomura has implied back in the BBS interview that having yellow eyes and pointy ears point to Xehanort as we see Braig's changes in BBS. Riku and the Disney villains all tapped into darkness yet their eyes never got yellow. Yellow eyes, white hair and pointy ears are all signs of Xehanort influence if you have his seed inside him. DDD pretty much spells this out. So I still have no idea why people still hold on so tightly to this debunked misinterpretation of "yellow eyes = darkness".

Xehanort had all his features since he was a teenager and likely further back into childhood. Are we going to say that the back-then non evil teen gave into darkness which is why he looks like that?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards

Obviously I fully acknowledge that yellow eyes and pointy ears are supposed to be traits of Xehanort and not darkness in general. I even remembered Nomura's statement correctly. I am only calling it into question because of how they have decidedto speak about the Aqua reveal. More than one person has said, "Aqua has fallen to darkness". The connection to Xehanort should be obvious yes? I dont expect them to use the term "norted", but they seem to be avoiding connecting the reveal to Xehanort. Or at least, it seems that way to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we didn't see Xehanorts face before his future self came to get him. And as I speculated in my first post, his eyes in the first reveal do not look completely gold yet to me.

To sum up my current thoughts, maybe the yellow eyes and pointy ears are unique to Xehanort not because they are traits he was born with (i dont think his younger self had pointy ears), but because he purposely exposed himself to the darkness and developed those traits. Therefore, everyone connected to him will have those traits too.

What if the yellow eyes and pointy ears are a result not of just darkness, but the result of bathing in darkness for extended periods of time? Like legit DROWNING in it like Aqua has for 12 years of RoL time. A sign that darkness has eaten away and corrupted your being? In which case, Aqua would have fallen to darkness alright, but she is a "Xehanort" all of her own

Ps, sorry for massive mistakes, on my phone

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

His words on the reveals scare me lol. But his words on Remy's mini-game give me life. That is exactly what I was hoping for. Pls let me have a cookbook I need to fill...pls.

KeyToDestiny

Awards

Obviously I fully acknowledge that yellow eyes and pointy ears are supposed to be traits of Xehanort and not darkness in general. I even remembered Nomura's statement correctly. I am only calling it into question because of how they have decidedto speak about the Aqua reveal. More than one person has said, "Aqua has fallen to darkness". The connection to Xehanort should be obvious yes? I dont expect them to use the term "norted", but they seem to be avoiding connecting the reveal to Xehanort. Or at least, it seems that way to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we didn't see Xehanorts face before his future self came to get him. And as I speculated in my first post, his eyes in the first reveal do not look completely gold yet to me.

To sum up my current thoughts, maybe the yellow eyes and pointy ears are unique to Xehanort not because they are traits he was born with (i dont think his younger self had pointy ears), but because he purposely exposed himself to the darkness and developed those traits. Therefore, everyone connected to him will have those traits too.

What if the yellow eyes and pointy ears are a result not of just darkness, but the result of bathing in darkness for extended periods of time? Like legit DROWNING in it like Aqua has for 12 years of RoL time. A sign that darkness has eaten away and corrupted your being? In which case, Aqua would have fallen to darkness alright, but she is a "Xehanort" all of her own

Ps, sorry for massive mistakes, on my phone

But where's the proof that Xehanort fell to darkness at that young of an age? I will concede on the pointy ears since he didn't have them in DDD as Young Xehanort but the yellow eyes were with him from teenagehood and back then it was said he was just curious about outside worlds at best. Nothing about darkness at that time.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards

Have we seen his face before his implied first contact with his future self? Both of his cameos in BBS, his back is turned. During the scene in DDD when he meets his future self, his back is turned. And every face shot we see after, whether its "present" young Xehanort or "past" yound Xehanort, we're to assume he's already been "infected" eith his future self, but doesn't remember the events to come (as per the rules of time travel), right?

I am harping on this point and I mention for the third time, the first trailer we see of Xehanort in the new graphics, his eyes do not look pure gold/yellow yet. If that is technically the first Xehanort before all the time loop nonsense, then maybe his eyes weren't originally gold just like his ears weren't originally pointy. I think this idea is both reasonable and far fetched

KeyToDestiny

Awards

Have we seen his face before his implied first contact with his future self? Both of his cameos in BBS, his back is turned. During the scene in DDD when he meets his future self, his back is turned. And every face shot we see after, whether its "present" young Xehanort or "past" yound Xehanort, we're to assume he's already been "infected" eith his future self, but doesn't remember the events to come (as per the rules of time travel), right?

I am harping on this point and I mention for the third time, the first trailer we see of Xehanort in the new graphics, his eyes do not look pure gold/yellow yet. If that is technically the first Xehanort before all the time loop nonsense, then maybe his eyes weren't originally gold just like his ears weren't originally pointy. I think this idea is both reasonable and far fetched

Wasn't there some BBS datamining that had a model of Young Xehanort but with a face? He still had yellow eyes then.

And I really don't know if we should take those models of Xehanort and Eraqus back then as proof anymore since that was 2015 and they were still working on the models back then. I doubt they will look the exact same when the game's out.

Antar

Awards

"I just wonder if everyone will be okay.".

Lol we're dead. If he didn't predict the reaction to dark Aqua, then we're all dead.

Exactly. Nomura will have to live with our blood on his hands after the game comes out. We are done for.

Megavoltage

Awards

KH3 is crowded with tons of mysteries and plot points it needs to resolve for the final confrontation with Xehanort so it's not really the game for introducing new Final Fantasy characters. I'm not that mad. But I do want the Cloud vs Sephiroth sub-story to be cleared up before we go to the next saga.

Nomura's "I just wonder if everyone is going to be okay" has me real scared. So, who's going to die? Aqua? Ventus? Riku? Place your bets and prepare for ultimate suffering.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Nomura's "I just wonder if everyone is going to be okay" has me real scared. So, who's going to die? Aqua? Ventus? Riku? Place your bets and prepare for ultimate suffering.

Considering the context of this statement being right after Nomura talked about his own surprise about the strong reaction from fans it is also possible that jab was actually at the fans, lol.

Wallflower3582

Considering the context of this statement being right after Nomura talked about his own surprise about the strong reaction from fans it is also possible that jab was actually at the fans, lol.

I'm almost positive he was talking about the fans. He knows whether the characters are gonna be ok or not. It's us he needs to worry about lol

Recon

Art of War
Awards

KH3 is crowded with tons of mysteries and plot points it needs to resolve for the final confrontation with Xehanort so it's not really the game for introducing new Final Fantasy characters. I'm not that mad. But I do want the Cloud vs Sephiroth sub-story to be cleared up before we go to the next saga.

I agree, there are just so many unanswered questions, that the focus should primarily be on the story. A returning Final Fantasy character does seem more plausible with this statement...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I'm almost positive he was talking about the fans. He knows whether the characters are gonna be ok or not. It's us he needs to worry about lol

I'm inclined to agree.
Possible translation nuances aside, in the text of the Gameinformer interview it is worded like Nomura considers the "Aqua reveal" small fry compared to what else KH III has in store story wise so he's surprised about the fanbase already nearly freaking out on this one and wonders if "everyone will be okay" when further revelations happen down the marketing phase or if the minds of the fans (and the internet) will explode with these additional revelations.

Going by how Nomura talks, I am pretty sure by now that KH III will take the "it is darkest before dawn" approach and while things in BBS, Days and DDD were bad/painful for a lot of the characters it will generally get worse in KH III at least for the mid-game/early late-game period.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards

Is it bad that I am way more excited about the cooking mini game than all of Classic Kingdom? Cooking Mama is like...my jam.

ImVentus

Awards

He didn't answer if Remy's mini game is taking place in Twilight Town.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

He didn't answer if Remy's mini game is taking place in Twilight Town.

I’m 95% sure he’s there. We know there’s a restaurant there and, with these comments, we know he’s somewhere early on so that we can bring back the ingredients we collect.

Cakeberry

FF characters were always a cute addition but not something extremely necessary for me to enjoy KH, so I'm fine with whatever they do with them.

The Remy thing is so cute! But yeah, I don't think many were surprised about Frozen being in lmao. I saw screenshots before the trailer, and my immediate reaction was 'oh, finally' more than anything.

Hirokey123

Awards

I think he thought Aqua getting Norted was more obvious than it actually was. To his credit once you know the reveal in hindsight I've found you can see evidence of this idea going all the way back to BBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back