• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura Talks about Disney's acquisitions in an E3 Interview

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
E3 2013: Kingdom Hearts
With news that Disney now owns the rights do these various companies and their respective properties, of course Nomura would get interested and begin imagining the possibilities for those new characters and worlds inside of the Kingdom Hearts universe. In an E3 interview with IGN, he explained, “Whenever I hear of the news, I always say, ‘woah…they’ve done it again.’”

“The first thing I do when I find out this news is contact Disney and see if it’s something I can use [in Kingdom Hearts].”

We followed up by asking him if Disney had ever answered with a yes, to which he replied, “Disney’s companies are all very different. Sometimes the answer is ‘absolutely no,’ and sometimes the answer is, ‘…hmm, we don’t know...’”

So it seems Nomura has been keeping up with Disney's expansion. Sound like he has some worlds in mind.

My money is on anything from Studio Ghibli. Hayao Miyazaki always struck me as being a japanese Walt Disney.

axel95

Awards
Re: Nomura Talks about Disney's acquisitions in an E3 Interview.

Interesting. I bet Nomura has been begging Disney to let him have a Star Wars world in KH3. Just look at BBS and tell me Nomura isn't a sci-fi fan. I really don't want to see a Marvel or Star Wars world in KH. It just wouldn't fit that well if you ask me.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Interesting. I bet Nomura has been begging Disney to let him have a Star Wars world in KH3. Just look at BBS and tell me Nomura isn't a sci-fi fan. I really don't want to see a Marvel or Star Wars world in KH. It just wouldn't fit that well if you ask me.

Nomura confirmed that he intentionally wanted Nimoy and Hamill to be cast as Xehanort and Eraqus for the English dub of BBS, if memory serves me right. So yeah, he's a self-admitted fanboy of Star Wars (not that there's anything wrong with that~)! :D

However, as far as whether or not a Marvel or Star Wars world would work in KH... I've been very skeptical of both in the past, but after spending a long time thinking about it, I think that either one could work brilliantly in the games. It'd just require a good script and mixing their respective plots with the main KH plot to a degree similar to what many worlds in KH1 got.

I also agree with Ban Mido that Nomura probably really, really wants to use a Studio Ghibli world or two in the game (my guesses would be Princess Mononoke and/or Howl's Flying Castle).

Last edited:

axel95

Awards

(not that there's anything wrong with that~)! :D
I also agree with Ban Mido that Nomura probably really, really wants to use a Studio Ghibli world or two in the game (my guesses would be Princess Mononoke and/or Howl's Flying Castle).
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Nomura being a Star Wars fan boy, nothing at all. I would like to see some Studio Ghibli in KH3. That would be pretty cool.

Theart

Awards

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Nomura being a Star Wars fan boy, nothing at all. I would like to see some Studio Ghibli in KH3. That would be pretty cool.

I spent a bit editing the following into my previous post, but I figured I might as well post it here. :) And yeah, Studio Ghibli worlds in KH would be AWESOME. :D

Like if Master Xehanort and his new lineup for Organization XIII were to make some sort of alliance with Emperor Palpatine+Darth Vader or Loki. Either world could actually work really well in a manner like KH1 Neverland or even KH1 Hollow Bastion. Think of it like this:

Manhattan (The Avengers world)
-Sora, Donald and Goofy are in pursuit of either MX himself or one of his higher ranking subordinates in Org13 (either Braig or Isa), and their target lands on this new world.
-SDG follow suit and land in the middle of the party in Europe where Captain America, Iron Man and Thor first capture Loki.
-SDG help calm down the fighting trio and go back to the SHIELD ship with them to see if Loki might know anything about Braig/Isa.
-Sure enough, they are in cahoots, and the Org13 representative leads the charge with the possessed Hawkeye in getting Loki freed from SHIELD.
-SDG fight alongside the Avengers in Manhattan to defend the city from the aliens and fight the Org13 member while the Avengers deal with Loki.
-The Org13 guy escapes but gives SDG a clue of where to go next.
-Sora helps Iron Man with the missile.
-Then afterwards leaves to continue pursuing Organization XIII in "a galaxy far far away".

From there, S-E could go in all sorts of directions. There's the entire original trilogy to work with, and having Sora team up with Luke to fight an alliance of Organization XIII and the Empire would be flat-out epic. Bonus points if Sora goes into the Cave on Dagobah and has to confront either his inner darkness or fear.

moonstar_xo

I think Pixar worlds would be our safest bet for any of the other companies Disney owns. The others I could see happening in the future, but maybe not in this saga.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

Do you mean Howl's Moving Castle or Laputa Castle in The Sky?

I was thinking maybe Spirited Away or Laputa Castle in The Sky. I was thinking they'd fit in very well.

Theart

Awards

Do you mean Howl's Moving Castle or Laputa, Castle in The Sky?

I was thinking maybe Spirited Away or Laputa Castle in The Sky. I was thinking they'd fit in very well.

LOL Derp on my part! :)

I was referring to Howl's Moving Castle, but Laputa Castle In The Sky is another great bet. However, I don't see Spirited Away happening, despite its massive popularity. Princess Mononoke makes more sense due to its more adventurous and action-oriented plot.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

My money is on anything from Studio Ghibli. Hayao Miyazaki always struck me as being a japanese Walt Disney.

Why does everyone think Disney owns the rights to use these movies? As far as I know it's a distribution deal, Disney does not own Studio Ghibli or their properties in any way, so no I don't think Nomura has been humoring the possibility of using anything from them.

Last edited:

Theart

Awards

Why does everyone think Disney owns the rights to use these movies? As far as I know it's a distribution deal, Disney does not own Ghibli Studio or their properties in any way, so no I don't think Nomura has been humoring the possibility of using anything from them.

Huh. That was what I had heard before, but then after the announcement so many people were saying Disney owned Ghibli, so I figured it was something that happened recently. My mistake.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Disney does not own Studio Ghibli.

The only thing they have is distribution rights. They don't actually own any of Ghibli's properties.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Did you read the comments? I hadn't at first, but this is an April Fool's Joke. The author of the article admitted it himself in the comments section. This explains why this was the first I heard of this, anime fans would have been up in arms the moment this had been announced.

As far as we know, Disney isn't buying studio ghibli. It's not out of the realm of plausibility but it's a baseless claim until we have some proof, and it definitely wouldn't be in time for KH3. Statement still stands.

Last edited:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Pretty sure that was an April Fool's joke.

Not saying it could never happen, but it certainly won't happen in time for KH3.

This explains why this was the first I heard of this, anime fans would have been up in arms the moment this had been announced.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. There's no way I would have missed an announcement like that, lol

Last edited:

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

Well I don't feel nearly as stupid when you consider that the author of that ign article actually posted a link to said april fools joke. But what ever the case, I still think Studio Ghibli films would fit in perfect with Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Maybe this can further support Pixar worlds being in Kingdom Hearts 3. They've attempted to include them for a while.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Oh yeah, I could see a few Miyazaki movies being a natural fit.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to explore Laputa, traverse the Sea of Corruption, or wandering the wolf clan's forest.

Well I don't feel nearly as stupid when you consider that the author of that article ign article actually posted a link to said april fools joke.

That's pretty damn embarrassing, lol. Silly IGN.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I wouldn't make much out of this. If he has to call up Disney to inquire about the acquisition, he might not have heard what was acquired at first; just that something was. And he still has to figure out if it's something that can feasibly be used in KH. On another note, I wouldn't have a problem with a studio ghibli world or two, just so long as it doesn't overshadow the presence of Disney native content.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

I'm up for Pixar worlds but they should stay away from Marvel and Star Wars.. It just doesn't feel right to me.

magic713

Awards

I am on and off the fence with pixar, so it can go either way as a positive or negative in my view. I do think they should stay away from Star Wars and Marvel. Disney has begun to try to keep its name out of the Marvel movies so Marvel fans can go to it (it places its name at the very end of credits in both Avengers and Iron Man 3 rather than show its logo at the beginning) so I doubt Marvel is even on the table as a KH world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back