• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura Talks about Disney's acquisitions in an E3 Interview

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Re: Nomura Talks about Disney's acquisitions in an E3 Interview.

Thing about Star Wars and Marvel is that they were already established universes before Disney took over. They are part of the Disney company now, yes, but they are not made by Disney. It wouldn't feel right (at least, to me). Pixar however has been making movies for Disney for over 10 years. It really is an established part of Disney now. That and they're animated flicks.

Gonzales95

Awards

Even if Disney don't own Studio Ghibli, due to their global distribution rights to their films, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to get Ghibli on board with the idea, especially given the fact that SE is a Japanese studio.

If Nomura felt he could work Pirates of the Caribbean into Kingdom Hearts, then Star Wars and Marvel could certainly work as well!

Pixar is a 100% certainty, with Toy Story being the most likely (Buzz and Woody were supposed to be KH2 summons), but Cars could feature as an alternative playstyle world, like Atlantica in KH2. What would people prefer, a racing minigame (Rumble Racing was good fun in BBS), or another stupid music minigame? One time I was playing KH2 and my mate came round, I actually had to quickly save and quit because I had just finished a level in Atlantica, it always felt a bit embarrassing playing those levels...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

If Nomura felt he could work Pirates of the Caribbean into Kingdom Hearts, then Star Wars and Marvel could certainly work as well!\

No lol

Pirates of the Caribbean at the time of KH2 had 1 movie out (PoC 2 came out a few months after KH2) with a relatively easy story to understand and was nice and small in the world that was created. All you saw in PoC1 was Port Royal, the ships, Isla del Muerta, and a few islands. This made transitioning PoC into KH really easy.

Going towards KH3, Marvel has 100's of superheroes and 1000's of locations, Star Wars has 6 movies, 100's of planets, 100's of characters, a huge backstory that all intertwines, and a ridiculously big lore.

You really cannot say just because PoC is in KH that it will be just as easy for Nomura to get Marvel or Star Wars into KH. What would he do? Just make Metropolis or just make the Death Star a world? Then where are the other 100's if not 1000's of other worlds between the 2 properties. It's not easy at all I'm afraid :(

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Going towards KH3, Marvel has 100's of superheroes and 1000's of locations, Star Wars has 6 movies, 100's of planets, 100's of characters, a huge backstory that all intertwines, and a ridiculously big lore.

Exactly. No way in hell that he would be able to do it justice. One movie is "fairly easy" to adept, it's one story. If you have an entire universe with its own lore to include, things get extremely tricky.

Gonzales95

Awards

Exactly. No way in hell that he would be able to do it justice. One movie is "fairly easy" to adept, it's one story. If you have an entire universe with its own lore to include, things get extremely tricky.

Why couldn't it just be one movie? They don't have to have every single hero in the universe in order to do it justice, perhaps they could just do an Iron Man themed world, or a Captain America themed world or whatever. It doesn't have to be an entire Marvel world, but instead it could just be based on one character. Would that be easier?

Failing that, I really want Hulk as a summon. That would be epic.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Even if Disney don't own Studio Ghibli, due to their global distribution rights to their films, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to get Ghibli on board with the idea, especially given the fact that SE is a Japanese studio.

If Nomura felt he could work Pirates of the Caribbean into Kingdom Hearts, then Star Wars and Marvel could certainly work as well!

Pixar is a 100% certainty, with Toy Story being the most likely (Buzz and Woody were supposed to be KH2 summons), but Cars could feature as an alternative playstyle world, like Atlantica in KH2. What would people prefer, a racing minigame (Rumble Racing was good fun in BBS), or another stupid music minigame? One time I was playing KH2 and my mate came round, I actually had to quickly save and quit because I had just finished a level in Atlantica, it always felt a bit embarrassing playing those levels...
Disney doesn't have global rights; just North American. Other distributors have given the films European dubs and releases, including in the UK. Disney also stopped theatrical distribution for new Ghibli movies and are sticking with the catalog DVDs.
I am on and off the fence with pixar, so it can go either way as a positive or negative in my view. I do think they should stay away from Star Wars and Marvel. Disney has begun to try to keep its name out of the Marvel movies so Marvel fans can go to it (it places its name at the very end of credits in both Avengers and Iron Man 3 rather than show its logo at the beginning) so I doubt Marvel is even on the table as a KH world.
Yeah, Marvel fans who still think Paramount is the studio making them must be living under a rock by now. I've been on and off the fence about Pixar too and I think some worlds would work(Brave) while others would be more difficult(Toy Story)
Why couldn't it just be one movie? They don't have to have every single hero in the universe in order to do it justice, perhaps they could just do an Iron Man themed world, or a Captain America themed world or whatever. It doesn't have to be an entire Marvel world, but instead it could just be based on one character. Would that be easier?

Failing that, I really want Hulk as a summon. That would be epic.
Because the fan reaction would open two different cans of worms. One would be "why is it in shitty ass kiddy kingdom hearts?" type fandom compatibility issues, and another would be people expecting all their favorite Marvel/Star Wars worlds, characters and elements to come in sequels. You say "Why not just one?" They say "Why Just One?". If an idiot can literally copy and paste a list of Disney movies including Remember the Titans into a "Possible Disney Worlds" thread on Gamefaqs. then another can expect a massive invasion of these properties that you propose are only sampled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back