• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura shares message and new artwork for KH Union X's 5th anniversary

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Director Tetsuya Nomura has shared a special message to commemorate the 5th anniversary of KINGDOM HEARTS Union X, accompanied by a new sketch of Strelitzia and Chirithy.

goldpanner has translated his message below:

Hello, Nomura here.

I had been thinking it would be the 4th anniversary, only to realise we have entered our 5th year. We have only lasted this long in the arena with all these hard-hitting rivals because of your support, and I am so grateful.

The browser version of X began with the Foretellers Arc, and now, the story of the new Union Leaders is reaching its climax. Although I suffered grave regret discovering typos in the scenario we released for the 5th anniversary (※For details on the typos see the in-game notification. I am so sorry.), I have already handed the team enough scenario to cover the rest of the year, so please look forward to what is coming next.

Dark Road also began this year, which made things twice as difficult, but I have also already handed the team the stuff for chapter three. In chapter three another classmate will finally appear, and not appear - I myself am hooked by the developments, so please look forward to it.

Our 5th anniversary may be opening into turbulent times, but the November 11 release of KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory is coming up next and I hope to hold some kind of festivities around then, and in the meantime I appreciate your continued support.

I poured my feelings of gratitude to you all for helping us reach the 5th anniversary into a new drawing of the phantom Union Leader. Once it has been colored I plan to use it for a 5th Anniversary commemorative medal - make sure to check the eligibility conditions and try to get yours.

KINGDOM HEARTS Series
Director Tetsuya Nomura

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
A classmate will appear and not appear huh? Maybe he/she will only be seen by Xehanort and no one else

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Really nice sketch. Since Nomura seemed to have been sleeping through the 4th anniversary maybe he was told about this occasion in advance this time around.

Noivern

Awards
Seeing Stretlitzia artwork only makes me sadder that they offed such a beautiful female character with an actual unique design, instead of all the Kairi's (and Aqua, who is kind of older. blue Kairi. lol). Hope she actually shows up again soon since no one is truly dead in this franchise.

Also looking forward to chapter 3 of DR. Chapter 2 was weaker than the first one, but it did give us a good build up and I hope the new character is Baldr.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Maybe the classmate will be mentioned? A picture or image will be shown?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Always nice to see a new drawing by Nomura.

I'm hopping these means we'll get to learn more about Boldr.

I think it'll be another year until we have proper names for the upper classmen. I'm curious to know what Boldr's sister's name might be maybe Sif or Thurd?

the red monster

Awards
Hopefully it will put the ridiculous theory about yozora/luxord being the class mate to rest.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Who knows Maybe Strelitzia is still a star in the final world despite Nameless Star being not Stella. She could be one of the ones Kairi and Riku talk to in MoM
Hope she actually shows up since no one is truly dead in this franchise.
Hopefully Xehanort is an exception to that rule, lol

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Nomura :*draws*
Fandom: *pops bottles* bless this man
Nomura: Oh and Melody and Memory might be tied to the mobile games
Fandom: Cease the overcomplexity you madman

no really, it seems that fandom generally agrees while Nomura is a great artist he's a quack in writing.

though, didn't he say this art of Strelitzia would later be colored and used for a medal? cmiiw, but wasn't it said that the medals in KHUX are images of the future? which means, it's an image after Strelitzia is recovered in the future? granted, we know it's KH and ppl don't stay dead, but it certainly clues that she will look as a teen after recovered. then again this is KH, Nomura can do anything to debunk my expectation

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nomura: Oh and Melody and Memory might be tied to the mobile games
Fandom: Cease the overcomplexity you madman
UX holds a lot of collabs and celebration events for new releases. Nomura's comment has nothing to do with the story like what you're implying.

D

Deleted member 252753

Nomura must know that mentioning a character but not showing them onscreen will make people speculate whether they've appeared elsewhere in the series after UX, especially when he's being enigmatic about their appearing in this letter.

So I don't think it's that unreasonable for people to be guessing if he is actually Yozora/Luxord etc. even if working out all the internal logic is hard.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Nomura must know that mentioning a character but not showing them onscreen will make people speculate whether they've appeared elsewhere in the series after UX, especially when he's being enigmatic about their appearing in this letter.

So I don't think it's that unreasonable for people to be guessing if he is actually Yozora/Luxord etc. even if working out all the internal logic is hard.
Yeah, Nomura designs the series in away to encourage us to constantly question and speculate. Like the whole Keyblade Legacy thing with Luxord and Demyx.

For all we know they could have been Xehanort's upperclassmen, seeing they haven't even remotely been hinted at in the past year and a half of UX.

The moment he introduced Ven, Lauriam and Elrena, he also opened the door to the question, who will reappear later on.

Last edited:
Back