• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura shares first details of Kingdom Hearts III DLC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
The problem with KH3 is people naive enough to expect good storytelling in a Disney anime game.

I mean, it definitely can be done. It's not like Nomura is a terrible writer. At least, not in my humble opinion. But it's like what other people have said here before, he needs a co-writer, and there's absolutely no shame in having one. Nomura's the idea guy, why not have Tai Yasue help him out with cleaning things up and making the plot smoother and easier to understand? He's been in the franchise long enough, I'm sure he's got a strong enough idea of what the series represents.

I don't think it's the ideas that people have an issue with, it's the execution in how it's done. DDD had the whole Time Travel plot point added in, but required a bunch of rules that confused a ton of people. I honestly feel like if DDD didn't have time travel as a big plot point, or maybe reworked it so it's not as convoluted... Or even introduce the Worldline concept in DDD itself, a lot of issues wouldn't be there. In fact, a lot of the issues I'm hearing now started from DDD.

People had issues with 0.2, but only because we thought that we were going to save Aqua there, and because people felt Mickey just abandoned her (even though Yen Sid tells Riku right then and there that if anyone had said anything, Riku or Sora (DEFINITELY Sora) would stage a reckless attempt at a rescue... And not to mention that Mickey himself didn't know how he was gonna leave at the time).

The only other time people really had issues with the series other than DDD is Union X, because that's way too much lore for a game that's pay-to-win and isn't all that rewarding. Now, if we got a console remake in the vein of FFXIV, that'd be a dream come true... But since we're visiting Disney worlds, that's probably a lot of legal licensing headaches that might not be what Square wants to deal with right now, seeing as how they're working on the DLC and the next title (among FF7R and any other potential titles they've got over there). So an excellent story can be done, it just needs proper polishing and extra focus on certain things.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nomura's analogy at today's concert for when to expect more DLC news was "when hydrangeas bloom" lol

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
If people are already mass critiquing, despising, and spitting such little info on a DLC (Basically Final Mix), then what's the point of being hyped for any future KH game at this point?

They're just venting. Most of the time when people say they're done, I feel like they're not actually done and will come back in due time. But if not, eh, it happens with every entry. This is the first time in the height of the social media era that we're getting a Kingdom Hearts game with a Final Mix iteration, as downloadable content. As well, a lot of people's entryway into the series would probably be the HD collections, so to many, the games on the disc are what always existed. They probably think "Final Mix" is a fancy title for porting it onto the PS3 and PS4, so when you hear people complain about DLC and "I wanted to buy a complete game", they're unaware that this has been a thing from the very first game.

As for long-time fans, I think in their case for some, it's skepticism that it's not going to fix the "broken" state of KH3 that it's in. And while I don't think it's broken, it's a fully-playable and filled game front to back, there are places that could use a bit more polishing or plot points that could be fleshed out more. Not to mention, Nomura said himself that he wanted to explain Xion's return. And since it's clear from the Critical Mode and NG+ features, they're listening. I think the DLC will deliver, but you can't win everyone over. Just have to wait until June to really see what we're getting, other than that, it could go either way.

allenleonardo

Awards
Kairi could use an extended DLC segment alongside Riku. Actually show her training with Lea and maybe play as her in a world such as Twilight Town. Probably won't happen though

I am not sure if that really would change much because even if we see her training we will still know that she was weak as a fighter at the end. Also would wonder if they would really take all the time to create a whole new battle style for her either. (Which is why I doubt we would get anyone other than Aqua or Riku as playable but maybe I will be surprised)

Still surprised that peopel are truly saying that KH3 was an unfinished game. Just because it did not have certain things in it, it was still finished. Anything else is just the cherry on the top.

Edit: Also Nomura, you little troll 😂

Last edited:

horto12485

Awards
A Riku's scenario seems such an obvious thing to do. There's a lot of potential for this game - A Riku's scenario, Kairi's scenario, Xehanort's scenario... If we don't even get the most obvious one, I won't know what to feel...

As for the free DLC, the rest of Twilight Town and Mysterious Tower should be included. It just seems fair. Twilight Town is smaller than ever and Mysterious Tower gameplay was showed in some trailers.

Yeah agreed on your Theory

AnotherXehanort13

Wow some serious bitterness and cynicism over here about the news, seems a lot of people on this forum weren't a fan of the finale. Yeah Its clear that more effort was put into the Disney side of things than the main story, the lack of trios interacting with each other was a let down, there were some janky cutscenes that screamed poor handling of Unreal Engine and attraction rides were a gimmick from their first trailer reveal (luckily fixed in Critical Mode) but come on drop the hyperbole that it's an "unfinished game", because it isn't. It didn't live up to KH2 but replaying it on Critical Mode again it was clear that a huge amount of effort was put into the game, just not in the original worlds where we'd thought it would be.

I know Xion is involved but I hope it doesn't focus too much on characters we already know about, we really dont even need a Xion DLC. Nomura seems to work best when he has momentum with an idea so I'd rather the DLC be more aimed towards Young Xehanort's travels and life in Scala or even a glimpse into the future of the series, something new. They already have some places like Radiant Garden and the WoD from what we've seen in 0.2 and the cutscenes. I think one of the biggest burns for KH3 is that there was nothing new sans the Lich, X and the Final World, and every other plot development was too formulaic compared to the previous games.

Last edited:

AnotherXehanort13

Interesting that theyre going with the name "ReMIND". I read someone else say that its not noteworthy as other titles in Kingdom Hearts (and also TWEWY) use the "Re" format. But there is something noteworthy in that all of those games were remakes or re-releases. And every single KH spinoff title has a plot relevant meaning so far

Re:CoM was a remake of CoM for PS2

Re:Coded was a remake of Coded for DS

ReMixes were HD ports of TWEWY and the KH games

So the "ReMIND" implies the DLC will have something to do with revisiting, remasters, remakes, re-doing something.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
One thing I'm a little confused about--is this still one paid DLC or has it essentially been split into three paid DLC "episodes"?

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
One thing I'm a little confused about--is this still one paid DLC or has it essentially been split into three paid DLC "episodes"?
If Nomura doesn't change his mind, its just one paid DLC pack with everything for now.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I wonder what the new keyblade and form will be. I hope they’re flashy and useful.

Thorf

Nomura's analogy at today's concert for when to expect more DLC news was "when hydrangeas bloom" lol

I attended the first showing, where he said "when the rain comes". Was that perhaps at one of the other two showings? It would make sense, as both clearly allude to the rainy season at the end of June.

Edit: But I'm really posting in this thread because of this:

Japanese has no singular and plural. Everyone is assuming that there is one new keyblade and form change, but there's no implication of it being just one. Sure, it could be just one, but (going by the language used) it's just as likely to be two or more.

Another Edit: Found the hydrangea thing on Twitter. I was wondering if they would do the exact same announcements at each of the three showings. It sounds like they mostly did, except today Nomura first joked that surely everyone already knew what he was going to say from social media. Then he changed the reference to the rainy season, and ended on another joke about all the concert hall's surrounding convenience stores being sold out of onigiri — which would not at all surprise me given the timing (12:30 start) and the huge queues.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It'd be cool if there was an additional boss for each of the worlds. Olympus could have the Cyclops, Toy Box Zurg, The Caribbean Giant mermaid heartless etc.

Yozora is too expected. I'm all for someone from TWEWY. Namely Sho Minamimoto because he is the best and has the biggest hype behind him.
Sho would be a good choice. I was also thinking Megumi Kitaniji as well.

Eonstar890

Awards
The name ReMIND reminds me of the reconnect usually seen at the end of every secret episode. I feel like it might focus on the fore tellers more given their naming convention being the sins which are essentially mind related. Also they would make for good boss fights so I could see the new CoR type area being for battling each foreteller and maybe Luxu too.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I just hope I can get a picture I've been trying to work on since February done before the DLC hits. XD

Sho would be a good choice. I was also thinking Megumi Kitaniji as well.
Then maybe KH will finally have a proper giant snake battle.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS III ReMIND Scenario = Episode Young Xehanort where we explore Xehanort's past, his apparent corruption by darkness, and KHx/KHUx lore exposure, acting as a bridge to the next KH game.

Secret Episode: Two hour campaign of Riku trying to find Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back