• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura shares first details of Kingdom Hearts III DLC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Quinton is very involved in the community so I'm not surprised he's having some fun with the speculation surrounding those proofs, but if anything, I'd take this more as an indication of general VO work being done. Axel's story has been covered well; an entire episode on him seems like a waste to me.
I figured if Axel did get his own DLC story it would be used to reveal more about Subject X/Skuld

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I figured if Axel did get his own DLC story it would be used to reveal more about Subject X/Skuld
I get that, but a character who was more involved with the Subject X subplot might be a better fit?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS III ReMIND Scenario = Episode Young Xehanort where we explore Xehanort's past, his apparent corruption by darkness, and KHx/KHUx lore exposure, acting as a bridge to the next KH game.

Secret Episode: Two hour campaign of Riku trying to find Sora.
I did find it interesting that Xehanort yelled out "one sky, one destiny!" At first it seemed like something Kairi came up with for her letter, but now I feel like it may have been something in her (from her past?) that is linked to KHUX. It would be interesting to actually delve into what Xehanort found out about the KHUX era. It seems he knows about Lauriam/Elrena/Urlod/Emyd's keyblade history (which bothered Marluxia).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I get that, but a character who was more involved with the Subject X subplot might be a better fit?
Like Ansem SoD? It'd be down with that.

I did find it interesting that Xehanort yelled out "one sky, one destiny!" At first it seemed like something Kairi came up with for her letter, but now I feel like it may have been something in her (from her past?) that is linked to KHUX. It would be interesting to actually delve into what Xehanort found out about the KHUX era. It seems he knows about Lauriam/Elrena/Urlod/Emyd's keyblade history (which bothered Marluxia).
Shit, maybe it really will turn out that Kairi's grandma is Ava.

Also I think you're the second person I've seen to use "Emyd" for Demyx's real name.

The first person being myself.

allenleonardo

Awards
Well the tease from Axels VA could simply be that he will be part of the extra cutscenes involving Xion. Maybe a small little part after Sora left them behind in the graveyard.

Or they are truly going to show us their training.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Everything I have heard about this DLC from people at the Orchestra has gotten me pretty hyped. This is basically what I expected/wanted for additional content.

I just Quinton's thing too. The fact he points out the proofs specifically is interesting, if anything it just cements my thoughts that they are related to Oathkeeper and Oblivion.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I wouldnt mind the new keyblade being a sort of fusion between Oathkeeper and Oblivion. The new form could just be Sora dual wielding both keyblades and possibly using some of Roxas' moves

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
There is an apparent, unexplored storyline regarding Master Xehanort, seeing as how his chessgame persona has grey eyes and round ears, while the rest of the iterations of pointy and yellow. Like Riku would say, it smells like darkness, lol.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
There is an apparent, unexplored storyline regarding Master Xehanort, seeing as how his chessgame persona has grey eyes and round ears, while the rest of the iterations of pointy and yellow. Like Riku would say, it smells like darkness, lol.
It's even more odd when you consider that the younger, DI version of Young Xehanort had yellow eyes and pointed ears too. I wonder darkness seems to mutate him more readily than other characters. Like Riku, despite embracing the darkness, didn't inherent those same traits during Kh1. But that's all been pointed out before I guess.

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
DDD YMX didn't have pointed ears. YMX isn't shown with pointed ears until KH3 (and even then, that was changed during development as you can see in the Toy Box trailer he has round ears).

honestly, to me it seems the original idea was that gold eyes just were xehanort's natural eye colour and pointed ears was a sign of immense darkness, which is why ddd ymx has gold eyes but not pointed ears. then they decided that they wanted gold eyes to be a sign of darkness and not specifically xehanort so they retconned him to have silver eyes even as this caused inconsistency with a bunch of stuff.

(also probably further supported by the fact that scala xehanort also used to have gold eyes lol)

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

If I recall correctly, the most vocal character about Subject X was Isa followed by Terranort then Lea. If this additional episode is set during the events of Kingdom Hearts III then getting Lea's perspective makes sense because he's the only protagonist during that period of the game.

However, if it's set after the events of Kingdom Hearts III, then Lea being central still makes sense. When Isa found Subject X, he found her with Lea. Either way, Axel is connected to Subject X even if he isn't the strongest connection (even if you completely ignore the theory of Skuld and Xion being connected).

kaseykockroach

Awards
I'm convinced they fixed it so the ingredients dialogue (not just Donald's, but in general) don't pop up nearly as often, and boy did I appreciate it!

kaseykockroach

Awards
Maybe they only change it if you're playing Critical Mode and play it very well. :p It's like your reward! Guess you'd better get better at the game!

(I'm kiddin', but I still find it peculiar I only heard it twice throughout my entire Critical playthrough and mainly heard Sora and Goofy's lines more often)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back