• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura on 3DHD becoming playable, 0.2's story and gameplay

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Famitsu was able to sit down with Kingdom Hearts Series Director Tetsuya Nomura to discuss the brand new title in the series, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. In this piece of the interview, he addresses concerns about how 2.8 may affect Kingdom Hearts 3's development, and explains what we can expect from Kingdom Hearts 3DHD and 0.2 in terms of new content and gameplay.

We will be translating the full interview, but for now read the translation of the second part below thanks to Zephyr. The first part can be read here.

––For KH0.2BBS’s system, will it be different from BBS’s?

Nomura: We’re taking into account elements from BBS and KH3 so it becomes a hybrid.

––With the additional lending hand up there, should we worry if it has any effect on the progress of KH3?

Nomura: For KH3, realize that the numbering seems to affect the quality and volume but over time, since it’s not produced in a range of influence, there are no problems concerning that. However I felt that I wanted you to experience something early and that you would be able to experience soon even for a little bit through KH0.2BBS’s game system experience and how it connects to KH3.

■ Of the three included works, it has started with Unchained χ.

––KH3D has been HD remastered and I thought it would become video footage because of its form. Despite the console correspondence, it has become playable.

Nomura: So, the staff who worked on KH1.5 and KH2.5 made me realize this opportunity. This time, in addition to the HD, it used to be a system where it uses the lower screen of the Nintendo 3DS version and we’ve changed the game design so it can be on a single screen. Like HD remastered works previously, it can be said the colors are vibrant in the remake.

––Are there additional elements?

Nomura: As far as the story goes, there are no large additional elements because it exceeds the work for HD remastering but just like the elements of the collections that were in HD, it has trophy support and so forth. Because KH3D has a story that is very complex and it being before KH3, we wanted you to play KH3D

––So playing KH3D will show KH3. So I will ask about KH0.2BBS. Where does it begin in the timeline? In regards to the secret episode of KHBBSFM?

Nomura: It will begin immediately after the secret episode. Where she found Cinderella’s Castle (Castle of Dreams) in the Realm of Darkness, it will start there.

––So Cinderella’s Castle (Castle of Dreams) has become an area.

Nomura: I guess so (laughs). However it being the case of the secret episode, you won’t wonder the world endlessly in darkness.

––In the secret episode, we saw “A Fragmentary Passage” and that has become the subtitle for KH0.2BBS?

Nomura: Although there is a story that exists for this, there are no plans to release it as a package that was shown in KHBBSFM’s “A Fragmentary Passage”. However, since it is exists as a setting, I had touched a little in planning the beginning of KH3 and I thought it would be good opportunity. However, it’s not affecting the progress of KH3 and because “0.5” is not a full volume, it would be “0.2”. Because it is a fragment, “Fragmentary Passage” was left as a subtitle.

––During this period, how far would it elaborate on?

Nomura: I can’t say because it would lead to a punch line (laughs). When introduced, while Sora embarks on a new journey, it talks about the episode where The King was hiding until the present. It will take place in the form of KH0.2BBS and it is a portion that is closely related to KH3.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on the future of the Kingdom Hearts series.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Nomura on 3DHD becoming playable, 0.2's story and gameplay

so the demo will have elemest of bbs and 3 as a hybird so basiacally atraction flow with comand deck?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

so the demo will have elemest of bbs and 3 as a hybird so basiacally atraction flow with comand deck?

Can't really assume anything about the meaning behind "hybrid", just that it will combine elements of both games together to create something.

He'll elaborate more on it later on in the year.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

A hybrid you say? Very fascinating. It would be really neat if they kept BBS alternative level up system. Or maybe they will fuse some other elements from BBS to the classic command menu? Ooh, so many possibilities.

Hngg, reading stuff about 0.2 makes me want to play it even more. :( 2016, please come fast!

Bobjam

Awards

Can't really assume anything about the meaning behind "hybrid", just that it will combine elements of both games together to create something.

He'll elaborate more on it later on in the year.

D23, Jump Festa perhaps? And also is there more of this interview to translate or is it just the two parts? Thanks a bunch to Zephyr and people for translations and uploads as always!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

D23, Jump Festa perhaps? And also is there more of this interview to translate or is it just the two parts? Thanks a bunch to Zephyr and people for translations and uploads as always!
We've posted about half so far. The rest will follow when we post the whole thing :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

There is more! It was a two page interview (sooooooo looooooong). Only a bit more left to be completed.

Nomura mentions D23 Expo Japan in his interview...mainly that there are a ton of games to discuss during it and JF. Between 2.8, Unchained X, FFVII Remake, World of Final Fantasy, and Dissidia Final Fantasy, it's a busy year xD

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

We've posted about half so far. The rest will follow when we post the whole thing :)

Wait, there is more? 0_0 I thought this was rest of the interview.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

There is a whole segment about chi, Unchained X and Back Cover xD

Ooh, can`t wait to see what Nomura says about them, especially Back Cover! For some reason I thought we would not get info about 2.8 until the KH fan event. The Famitsu interview was a nice surprise. :)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I can’t say because it would lead to a punch line (laughs). When introduced, while Sora embarks on a new journey, it talks about the episode where The King was hiding until the present. It will take place in the form of KH0.2BBS and it is a portion that is closely related to KH3.

Wait.

So does this confirm 0.2 will also talk about Mickey's time in the Realm of Darkness?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Wait.

So does this confirm 0.2 will also talk about Mickey's time in the Realm of Darkness?

I would hope so considering Mickey is the one telling everybody the story about Aqua and the RoD!

Edit: Reading the answer made me realize Sora is not going to know VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION until he gets back because Mickey doesn't know how to tell people things when they need to know...but everybody else will.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Man, all this news flowing out makes me feel like it's 2007 all over again

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

There is a whole segment about chi, Unchained X and Back Cover xD
And as far as I understand it's full of heavy spoilers, I think this is a premiere as far as Kingdom Hearts game go, normally Nomura is only this talkative after the game was released. Although [chi] with its story constant updates is kind of a special case too.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

"...it talks about the episode where The King was hiding until the present."

Huh. Does that mean that the King also might talk about some of the other stuff that he's been doing, aside from just the Aqua bit, then? For example, might he finally admit to Sora that he's the mysterious "voice" in KH1, the whole Coded thing, and maybe even that he met Kairi in BbS? These are just some examples of things I can think of that probably could/should be addressed by Mickey in this title...

Especially since he was already supposed to have explained the stuff about "the hurt" to Sora, and the fact that he didn't do so led to a majority of what happened in DDD.

And so to be clear, this interview is flatout saying they didn't add any new scenes to DDD, right?

Anyway, I'm so glad to hear that DDD is playable! We already knew that, of course, but hearing that they originally thought about making it a movie makes the fact that it is playable even better to me:

A game that maybe won't be needing a touch pad anymore, since they had to get rid of the bottom screen? Does that mean Reality Shifts might be totally different or even eliminated now?

It's also nice that Nomura wanted to give us a small taste of what KHIII is before it gets here--with 0.2--and that he didn't want us to to have to wait with nothing. And people were worried about this, and that it would delay KHIII, ha! If anything, Nomura's being even more awesome and considerate by doing this, I think, personally.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

And as far as I understand it's full of heavy spoilers, I think this is a premiere as far as Kingdom Hearts game go, normally Nomura is only this talkative after the game was released. Although [chi] with its story constant updates is kind of a special case too.

Good, I hope there's some good plot info in it. There doesn't seem to be much in terms of the plot of Chi at all right now. Aside from the dreams and the stuff with Ephemera, I've either missed all the important stuff, or they have yet to show much of any of the important plot stuff in any version of Chi and I'm getting confused about what exactly has and has not been revealed in terms of Chi's story.

Kaijuguy19

Since Mickey was in the Realm of Darkness as some point and possibly met Aqua there,I do wonder if there's a reason why he couldn't just helped her out of the Real when he had the chance to. Perhaps something happened to her that didn't make it possible at least until KH3 like either she decided to remain behind a little longer to look into the "discovery" Mickey made or worse the Darkness took her over though I don't see that happening since it would go against what she went through in BBS and her character in general unless if there's a specific reason for it. Guess we'll know eventually.

Bobjam

Awards

There is more! It was a two page interview (sooooooo looooooong). Only a bit more left to be completed.

Nomura mentions D23 Expo Japan in his interview...mainly that there are a ton of games to discuss during it and JF. Between 2.8, Unchained X, FFVII Remake, World of Final Fantasy, and Dissidia Final Fantasy, it's a busy year xD

Both events are going to be packed huh! Out of all those games, Remake will have have little to nothing to show for unless they really have managed to progress with is in the months it has been in full swing (why does Nomura do this to himself) and I am guessing that 0.2 will be narrated from the present by Mickey with him explaining some of the events that happened to him and to Aqua as you play. Would be an easy way to just cram exposition in there if needs be.

Anagram

Banned

––For KH0.2BBS’s system, will it be different from BBS’s?

Nomura: We’re taking into account elements from BBS and KH3 so it becomes a hybrid.

This both saddens me but leaves some hope. Hopefully one of those elements isn't that deck system junk.
KH3's system is based on KH1/2 so I guess how close KH3 will be to KH1/2 will decide it.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

It saddens me when people declare the BBS command deck system junk, for me it was the greatest innovation of the series along with command melding allowing 100% customization of your playing style, it didn't like the direction it took in DDD though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back