• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura: Kingdom Hearts 3 Will Have Another Playable Character

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Riku saving Aqua wouldn't be a tutorial at all. That's something that would happen about midway through the game. Only the scenario with Kairi was meant as a possible tutorial.

The tutorial could easily be Sora training for a bit in Yen Sid's tower, then flying off to Olympus Coliseum. Then maybe in small segments, we play as Aqua in the Realm of Darkness, then Riku and Mickey save her (and join the party). That would justify having Riku and Mickey at full strength, because we've seen what can be done.

I would like Kairi as a tutorial, but I think it would be a weird place for the story to begin narrative wise. It would just be Kairi with Lea, sure they get the apologies and all that jazz, but from the get go we need to be focusing on Xehanort.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
and here I am wishing the tutorial is Xehanort sparring with Eraqus in the distant past.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
However it sounds like this other person going to be new though that rules aqua and riku

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I really want it to be Kairi, although I'm equally afraid of that. What she needs way more than being playable is character development, and of course they could do both, but they could also just make her playable for a while and expect us to be happy with that...
Other than that, whoever it is, be it Riku, Kairi, Aqua or even YX - just don't make them playable for a small segment and then it's over. I absolutely HATE when games do that! I hated it in every Final Fantasy game ever, having the chance to control a cool character and then being forced to control someone else again. Just please, if you make someone playable, make it possible to main them, at least late game.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
we dont know if it tutorialor not not or what going all we know we getting another playable charachter that probally new for all we know this playable charachter could have a world or two to play in

as seeing this playable as new it seems it rules we playes riku and aqua already

Kagayaki

Awards
I really want it to be Kairi, although I'm equally afraid of that. What she needs way more than being playable is character development, and of course they could do both, but they could also just make her playable for a while and expect us to be happy with that...
Other than that, whoever it is, be it Riku, Kairi, Aqua or even YX - just don't make them playable for a small segment and then it's over. I absolutely HATE when games do that! I hated it in every Final Fantasy game ever, having the chance to control a cool character and then being forced to control someone else again. Just please, if you make someone playable, make it possible to main them, at least late game.
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Kairi needed character development a long time ago. It’s a recurring flaw for Tetsuya Nomura games to have important characters with very little character development or very little backstory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back