• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura: KHIII Intends to Focus on Newer Titles, DDD's Flowmotion Was Too "Free"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashton69

Awards
Re: Nomura: KHIII Intends to Focus on Newer Titles, DDD's Flowmotion Was Too "Free"

I'm glad you can't just moonjump everywhere now.

Hirokey123

Awards
Re: Nomura: KHIII Intends to Focus on Newer Titles, DDD's Flowmotion Was Too "Free"

I'm glad you can't just moonjump everywhere now.

We...really have no evidence that's the case at all you realize that right? We've already seen Sora can still dash into walls to super jump off them and he moon jumps as you call it up rock titan. All it seems they've really done is automate the system to make doing it easier and allow you to cancel it. I'd just be careful about getting the wrong impression right now is all until we see more.

UltimaXOmega

No Agrabah again please.
Lilo and Stitch should be the only other returning Disney world.
Maybe POTC too.

Antar

Awards

I'd easily take Unreal Engine Agrabah over Lilo and Stitch. Agrabah is a staple!

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Lilo & Stitch is in my top 5 Disney movies ever but tbh I would rather see the Agrabah arc finally finished in the last installment of the Xehanort Saga. Antar is right, it is a sort of staple. Besides, the third Aladdin movie has all new locations. We could easily have Agrabah without it being, well, KH1 or KH2 deadass NPCless Agrabah

Echoecho6

Awards

Yea I am really hoping Agrabah returns, honestly I just hope we get atleast ONE more returning world. Mainly it's because I love something about revisiting friends we met before. I don't want to just meet new people over and over again. It was always cool to me to see Sora visit old worlds and be like "yea ill help you, we got history together!" rather than helping strangers he just met.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

If sora didn't meet new people he wouldn't have people to revisit. Only so many times you can revisit the same people.

Awards

I hope we get to go to Shibuya. Sora made a deal with Neku after all.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Yea I am really hoping Agrabah returns, honestly I just hope we get atleast ONE more returning world. Mainly it's because I love something about revisiting friends we met before. I don't want to just meet new people over and over again. It was always cool to me to see Sora visit old worlds and be like "yea ill help you, we got history together!" rather than helping strangers he just met.

I mean, I get what you're saying... but everyone in KH1 was a stranger. Tbh I think having a thought process of "let's have everything be new!" is just as bad as "let's have everything be old!"

CoM, Days and Coded are the least popular titles in the series because they literally are just old worlds and faces only (though at least CoM had a reason to be that way and was more endearing).

Echoecho6

Awards

Not saying everyone should be old, just that it is fun to revisit some of them. So I don't want just one old world is my point.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

No Agrabah again please.
Lilo and Stitch should be the only other returning Disney world.
Maybe POTC too.

Pretty sure Nomura would consider a full Lilo and Stitch world a new world. He always does when its a new area, and doubly since there is no way they would name it "Deep Space"

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Not saying everyone should be old, just that it is fun to revisit some of them. So I don't want just one old world is my point.

Considering Nomura already talked about the FF cameos making a comeback again it is almost certain that Radiant Garden will be there again so if it is just about the "meeting old friends as well"-concern we already have two worlds where Sora revisits people he already knows, three if we count Twilight Town and if Hayner & co. are still there.

That's not to say there won't be any more returning Disney worlds though.

KH 2 had six returning Disney worlds (Disney Castle, Pooh, Atlantica, Halloween, Agrabah, Olympus), six new Disney worlds (Timeless River, Mulan, Beast's Castle, Pride Lands, Port Royal, Tron) and three playable original worlds (Twilight Town, Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden, The World that never Was).

What we know so far is that a) KH III will have in total less worlds than KH 2 (was he speaking generally though or specifically Disney worlds?) and b) that Nomura and the team want to focus more on new material this time.

If we go by the premise of the same amount of playable original worlds (three), we already have Twilight Town confirmed and Radiant Garden is highly probable to be the second, which would leave the last spot for the final world.

Considering Nomura's knack for the number 13 maybe this'll be the total amount of worlds, leaving room for ten Disney worlds in total compared to the twelve in KH 2.

We already know about:
- Olympus (returning)
- Corona/Tangled (new)
- BH6 (new)
- Toy Story (new)

leaving six worlds unaccounted for.
Considering Nomura's statements on focusing on new material for KH III I'd say out of these six there may be four more new worlds (bringing the total amount of new worlds to seven, yet another one of Nomura's number games) while two more are returning Disney properties (bringing that amount to three, like the prevalent trio-stuff in the series).

Of course, I bet there are now those coming around the corner who say what, only three playable original worlds, and two of them are old ones (and the third possibly too if the final world is indeed the Graveyard)! That's boring/ungainly, what about this new world Young Eraqus and Xehanort are supposedly in? What about Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure? Daybreak Town?
The first two are probably all cutscene-only folks, and Daybreak might not even be featured at all.

KHHacker6595

Please at least have Jungle Book in. I don't just want a slew of modern films. Kingdom Hearts was always good at showcasing the full history of Disney in their games.

Awards

@Sephiroth

Nomura was talking about Disney worlds in regards to the less worlds thing.

also i want playable labyrinth/MC Escher style Castle Oblivion in UE4 please

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

@Sephiroth

Nomura was talking about Disney worlds in regards to the less worlds thing.

also i want playable labyrinth/MC Escher style Castle Oblivion in UE4 please

Ah, I see.

So that means in terms of overall worlds, original included, KH III could still reach the same number of worlds as KH II originally had?

If so, this would of course open up the possibility of more than three original worlds being featured in a playable form.

When looking at playable original worlds only, so far there were always two to five originals present during each game:

KH 1: Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion, End of the World (4)
CoM: Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, Twilight Town, Hollow Bastion, Castle Oblivion (5)
KH 2: Twilight Town, Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden, The World that never Was (3)
Days: Twilight Town, The World that never Was (2)
BBS: Land of Departure, Radiant Garden, Keyblade Graveyard, Realm of Darkness (Final Mix Secret Episode only) (4)
Re: Coded: Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion, Castle Oblivion (4)
DDD: Traverse Town, The World that never Was (2)
BBS 0.2: Realm of Darkness, Destiny Islands (2)
X[chi]: Daybreak Town, Keyblade Graveyard (Browser-version only so far) (2)

Going by this, KH III having four or even five playable original worlds doesn't sound too farfetched.

Alpha Sonix

That seems reasonable. I really can't imagine there being any gameplay involved for Castle Oblivion, unless the Organization have suddenly taken over it again. I also would think there's very little to do in the Land of Departure by addition unless they do something with it via the prologue with Young Xehanort and Eraqus.

As for the returning Disney worlds, I'm probably the only one who wants to see Wonderland return in some capacity, mainly because every rendition of it so far has seemed limited both artistically and map design wise due to console limitations. I think there's a lot of new things they could explore with a returning Wonderland. In comparison I'm not too fond of Aladdin returning but only because KH2 Agrabah left a sour taste in my mouth.

Awards

That seems reasonable. I really can't imagine there being any gameplay involved for Castle Oblivion, unless the Organization have suddenly taken over it again. I also would think there's very little to do in the Land of Departure by addition unless they do something with it via the prologue with Young Xehanort and Eraqus.
Well, considering Xehanort is attempting to locate the Chamber of Waking, which is in CO, it's not out of the realm of possibility that one of the new Organization would be wandering about in there looking for it.

As for the Young Xehanort and Eraqus prologue, that's actually in another world, most likely Cable Town.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

I can see gameplay for Castle Oblivion but i imagine it would be relatively short, something like 3x-4x the length of the white hall in the caverns of remembrance.

Awards

I can see gameplay for Castle Oblivion but i imagine it would be relatively short, something like 3x-4x the length of the white hall in the caverns of remembrance.
I imagine the Castle Oblivion floor from CoM and the room structure from Re:Coded taken up to eleven and made into an MC Escher like maze since there are no memory and room cards to give the rooms a proper shape. Bonus if it's all 13 floors and the Chamber of Waking is at the top of Floor 13.

Of course, CO could also be the puzzle world. Each floor involving a puzzle that requires solving in order to proceed to the next floor.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

As for the returning Disney worlds, I'm probably the only one who wants to see Wonderland return in some capacity, mainly because every rendition of it so far has seemed limited both artistically and map design wise due to console limitations. I think there's a lot of new things they could explore with a returning Wonderland. In comparison I'm not too fond of Aladdin returning but only because KH2 Agrabah left a sour taste in my mouth.

Once Mickey and Riku have saved Aqua the portion when it is time to rescue Ventus could certainly be playable and with the new party system, all three of them could be additional party members for SDG as well.
Since Young Eraqus and Xehanort are in a new world, it wouldn't be a playable LoD appearance IF anything regarding them is playable.

If Aladdin returns, it should mostly feature areas we haven't been to yet, like i.e. the palace of Agrabah as a whole while entirely omitting others like i.e. the Cave of Wonders.

Well, considering Xehanort is attempting to locate the Chamber of Waking, which is in CO, it's not out of the realm of possibility that one of the new Organization would be wandering about in there looking for it.

As for the Young Xehanort and Eraqus prologue, that's actually in another world, most likely Cable Town.

Looking for the chamber didn't work for ten years so it won't work suddenly now, but as said above, there are other possible scenarios as to why C.O. could be playable.
LoD literally can't be playable outside of possible flashbacks as long as C.O. exists obviously.

It remains to be seen though if this is a cutscene-only world, or possibly even the new final world?

---

Generally, if we look at all original worlds we have ten plus the new one teased with Young Eraqus and Xehanort:

Destiny Islands
Radiant Garden
TWTNW
Twilight Town
C.O./LoD
Daybreak Town
Traverse Town
Realm of Darkness
End of the World
Keyblade Graveyard
"Eraqus/Xehanort Chess world"

Out of these, Twilight Town is confirmed and Radiant Garden very highly likely.

Nine remaining, yet out of those Traverse Town and End of the World can probably be ruled out to be playable from the get go.

That leaves us with

- Destiny Islands
- C.O./LoD
- TWTNW
- Realm of Darkness
- Keyblade Graveyard
- Daybreak Town
- "Eraqus/Xehanort Chess world"

If we assume two or three of them to be playable based on four or five playablde original worlds in total this means that either four or five of these have to be cutscene-only or not being featured at all.

TWTNW, Destiny Islands and Daybreak Town are probably prime candidates for being cutscene-only worlds, although it is certainly possible that at least Daybreak Town isn't featured in KH III at all.

Depending on what exactly the final world is, one of the three out of Realm of Darkness, Keyblade Graveyard and "Eraqus/Xehanort Chess world" could also be cutscene-only, with the other two plus C.O. forming the three other playable original worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back