• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura: KHIII Intends to Focus on Newer Titles, DDD's Flowmotion Was Too "Free"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Awards
Re: Nomura: KHIII Intends to Focus on Newer Titles, DDD's Flowmotion Was Too "Free"

I tried quick-searching in the article, and I did not find anything about Zootopia/Moana specifically.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: Nomura: KHIII Intends to Focus on Newer Titles, DDD's Flowmotion Was Too "Free"

I tried quick-searching in the article, and I did not find anything about Zootopia/Moana specifically.

Zootopia and Moana won't appear in KH3 due to BH6 being the last world chosen to be in the game.

I think that is what UltimatexOmega meant.

BluePikmin11

Awards

I checked the article to see if it said BH6 was the last world, but I didn't find anything in the IGN article.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I checked the article to see if it said BH6 was the last world, but I didn't find anything in the IGN article.
i think he mean the other artivle and not this article

Antar

Awards

Hopefully this means flowmotion won't make platforming irrelevant in regards unreachable items/collectibles like in DDD. There you could go anywhere and stuff like High Jump and Glide weren't as useful.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

that might still happen i really think kairi is the second playable that will be reveal later

The absence of Attraction Flow & Summons does make me wonder if one or both of those abilities are being given to another character I glance these to see if Nomura explicitly mentions Sora when talking about them & he kinda hasn't.

As for Kairi being a potential candidate...
Nomura said:
“With the help of Merlin, she's now in the sort of environment where there's no limitation of time. So she can train, and focus on training, to become a Keyblade wielder,”
If there's no limit to time then why couldn't Kairi spend like five years worth of training in the span of a minute? Writing letters seems a bit pointless. In theory she could be a 2nd PC, but they still make it sound like she's sitting the game out again.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

If there's no limit to time then why couldn't Kairi spend like five years worth of training in the span of a minute? Writing letters seems a bit pointless. In theory she could be a 2nd PC, but they still make it sound like she's sitting the game out again.

I will not he happy if this is the case. The fans have been clamoring for years for more Kairi relevance.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

The absence of Attraction Flow & Summons does make me wonder if one or both of those abilities are being given to another character I glance these to see if Nomura explicitly mentions Sora when talking about them & he kinda hasn't.

true but we dont know yet plus given the 2nd person will probally have same stuff as sora it kind of rules out aqaua and riku since they will roablly in the relam of darkness

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Tbh this is the perfect title to have Kairi as the second character considering that she is a potential Guardian, a PoH which are still technically being targeted by Xehanort, and lacking in any development outside of her KH1 personality which was 16 (or 15?) years ago.

I love ma boi Riku but I'd be okay with him sitting this title out if it means the very first female lead in the series could actually, I dunno, be relevant.

Also, if Merlin could take people to the Hyperglicenic Lion Tamer (which has no limits apparently which is fucking dumb), then why the hell didn't Sora use it before DDD? Why didn't they use it for Ansem and Xemnas???

bobgoesw00t

Awards
Website
bobgoesw00t.tumblr.com

I'm not surprised that they made that change to flowmotion. Once you got the hang of it, you could abuse it to travel a huge distance while avoiding unnecessary fights. That and dodge attacks while dealing damage with the flowmotion attacks xD

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Tbh this is the perfect title to have Kairi as the second character considering that she is a potential Guardian, a PoH which are still technically being targeted by Xehanort, and lacking in any development outside of her KH1 personality which was 16 (or 15?) years ago.

I love ma boi Riku but I'd be okay with him sitting this title out if it means the very first female lead in the series could actually, I dunno, be relevant.

This right here.
It's not that other characters would be bad, but some might get more usefulness out of it than others I guess.

Also, if Merlin could take people to the Hyperglicenic Lion Tamer (which has no limits apparently which is diddlying dumb), then why the hell didn't Sora use it before DDD? Why didn't they use it for Ansem and Xemnas???

That concept is really dumb. Like, another set of Dragon Balls in GT dumb.
Nomura should've never introduced it.

Also,

Hyperglicenic Lion Tamer

You get one more.

latest

Muke

whatever
Awards

As long as I can turn shitFlowmotion off…

Hirokey123

Awards

Hrm..

-You can super jump at any time using blizzard spells to make a rail.
-We've seen Sora do the flowmotion wall jump and the flowmotion dash
-We've seen Sora chain flowmotion jumps to climb up the Rock titan
-Shot locks can be used to let you go into a crazy flowmotion dash from enemy to enemy, which you could do in DDD but only on big enemies and you had to control it all manually now it does it for you and seems to work on any enemy you can lock onto.

So when I look back I don't think "too free" means he's talking about the ability to go anywhere he's talking about that it's inherently a kind of overwhelming concept. Like you can go anywhere with it but what does that mean, what do you do with that kind ability and people just sort of get lost in trying to figure out it all. From the looks of it they haven't nerfed the movement they've just made it all more obvious on how to use it and created more situations where there is reason to use it. Like the shotlock enemy dash is the easiest prevalent example. As I said it's something you could do in DDD but it's very unwieldy the control is all yours but you're constantly fighting with flowmotion's auto-lock, the wide turn radius the dash has, the requirement of enemies of a specific size being needed, and it was unsafe to manage this while you're trying to concentrate on the fight as each dash was done manually. Now they've literally turned it into you just hold down the shotlock, lock onto the enemies, then press the flowmotion option and the rest is done for you.

From what we've seen...

-You can now cancel out of flowmotion with regular attacks as opposed to being locked in which means there is a lot more incentive to use it as a movement, add in its new launcher attack for quick ways to start aerial combos it's a lot more seamless in gameplay now.
-You don't need to manually flowmotion dash from enemy to enemy the shotlock can now do all that work for you.
-You don't need to figure out areas you could wall dash and climb via flowmotion, because now if they have the sparkle effect you can lock onto them with shotlocks and it will do all that dashing and movement for you.
-You also don't need to search for things to flowmotion now you can create them both blizzard and the drill aero created spells that allowed you to activate flowmotion. The rail grind lets you do the super jump and super slam whenever you what while the aero spell put them into a flowmotion dash as opposed to HAVING to have some kind of environment piece to use like an actual wall or rail.

You know it seems sort of the same thing they did with the free run mechanic. Like in 0.2 before you'd have to do all those jumps across gaps yourself using your platforming abilities which could be unwieldy. Especially in say games like KH1 where the physics and detection boxes were abysmal. Now instead of jumping from platform to platform you just walk up to it and the game does the jumping for you. Or like in the olympus trailer we saw Sora run up a small wall by getting near it that he could have easily just jumped and grabbed the ledge to pull himself up. The name of the game seems to be using automation and simplified controls in order to give a larger and easier to use variety of actions. This could be either terrible or fantastic and it will all depend on how it actually feels once it is in our hands.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

It probably just has more specific usage in certain areas to jeep you from bouncing off the walls at all times and flying everywhere and sort of negating the usefulness of each world's design. Besides it's a little unsightly to have the main character flying around everywhere and the to tip for party members not being able to follow without teleporting.

KeybladeOrder

Awards

The whole "more new Disney properties" is vague enough in my opinion that it could be a mixture of "Disney movies recently released" and "Disney movies never featured in Kingdom Hearts before". Since the Toy Story world has a completely original story that manages to be canon-compliant with the movies, I was thinking maybe we could go back to The Grid for a continuation of TRON: Legacy, see what happened on the Grid after Sam and Quorra left.

littlepunkryo

Lord please no more Tron, we've had enough of that. And hopefully Kairi getting a lot of training in a short amount of time means that she'll be at least close to the others in terms of skill even if I think it's cheap. I'd rather they cheat and make her competent than leave her on the sidelines yet again.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

So I guess Olympus is the only old Disney world returning which is fine by me..greater chance the ones i want make it in now.

Honestly, I still believe that we will have three returning Disney worlds (with Agrabah being one of them). Just having Hercules return would really rub fans the wrong way.

And I'm glad to see that Maleficent as a character has been redeemed. Her role already sounds more interesting than it was in Kingdom Hearts II.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Honestly, I still believe that we will have three returning Disney worlds (with Agrabah being one of them). Just having Hercules return would really rub fans the wrong way.

And I'm glad to see that Maleficent as a character has been redeemed. Her role already sounds more interesting than it was in Kingdom Hearts II.

I'm not so sure it would rub fans the wrong way to just have one returning world. I have a feeling most fans outside of this forum are more interested in new worlds then older ones

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I'm not so sure it would rub fans the wrong way to just have one returning world. I have a feeling most fans outside of this forum are more interested in new worlds then older ones

I've heard a lot of people who want to see The Nightmare Before Christmas return in this game outside this forum. And come to think about it, in the D23 2015 Expo, there was a shutout to Aladdin and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

[video=youtube;HgNaHA4LNxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgNaHA4LNxc[/video]

If you skip to 4:48, the mention of Aladdin and The Nightmare Before Christmas is there. I know they can be interpreted as examples, but there's more popular Disney properties that were represented in the game.

vangerme

Website
listography.com

:/ I really loved the feel of the flowmotion in DDD so I really hope it doesn't change too much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back