• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura interview!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Since it’s hard to watch even in 2D because the movements are so intense, in 3D your eyes may become tired after playing for a long time. There is depth in the 3D vision, when Sora jumps out of the screen, it’s almost becomes a burden to one’s eyes. I think it’s probably best to use the 3D vision during cutscenes.

Well, this is disappointing ):

shiny milotic

Surfing the dunes with a red cloaked stranger
The Dream Eaters do not approach anyone and consume dreams in the World of Sleep where there are no Heartless. If Sora/Riku don’t use the power of the Dream Eaters, they can’t go to the other worlds.
Their abilities too are related to the Dream Eaters.
The Dream Eaters were designed not to be traditionally cute, but to have charm that couldn’t be disliked.

Awesome! I love hearing stuff about the dream eaters.

The way Sora and Riku interact with their companion Dream Eaters is different. Sora can ride atop the Dream Eaters and be thrown off, while they serve as power ups to Riku.

That's great! I'm excited for this game.:biggrin:

I'm still playing in 3D. I'm used to the extreme 3D

I am used to it as well. :cool:

Izayoi

galactic cancer
confirmed more twewy yesss they wouldn't phrase it like that if it weren't true

neku and shiki > squall and cloud any day. josh >>>>>>>>>>> sephiroth

blueheart

Bronze Member
I can picture it now:

Reformed Xehanort appears all super powerful and Sora and Riku for whatever reason can't fight back. All the partner dream eaters appear and defend Sora and Riku.

Sora: No!!! Get out of here you guys! You can't beat him!! He's too strong!
Riku: He's right!! You have to stop this! Run away!!

Xehanort laughs: Oh please. You think these pets can stop me? Pathetic beasts.

The dream eaters charge at Xehanort and catch him by surprise. They bind him somehow but he unleashes an attack that kills all of them and frees Xehanort however Xehanort is injured from the attack giving Sora and Riku the chance to escape.

Sora and Riku are saddened deeply and then they head into the final boss battle determined to avenge their dream eater friends.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Just the theories here have been spoilers by themselves. I need to get out of here soon.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Yeah i might play on 3d for a little bit but just to conserve battery life i will most likely only have it on during cutscenes, 3d does not hurt my eyes at all, i own the evo 3d and see most movies in 3d.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
I actually have different theory/ending in mind for the partner Dream Eaters.
We were told that there are dream eaters that feed on good dreams and replace them with nightmares (enemies), and ones that eat nightmares (allies). We also had that line earlier on about darkness becoming light and light falling to darkness, which most people thought referred to Sora falling and Riku rising above him. But what if this has to do with the Dream eaters? I believe that when one of the bad dream eaters eats a good dream, it can become one of the good types (darkness to light) and that when a good dream eater eats a nightmare, it will be corrupted by the darkness in the nightmare and become one of the enemies (light to darkness)

Now for how this applies to the partners. My thought was that during the course of the final battle, the enemy/enemies/whatever Xehanort thing we fight will trap Sora and Riku in some sort of super nightmare, and the partners consume it in order to save them, but at the cost of being corrupted and turned evil by the the darkness, and forcing Sora and Riku to have to take them out. Sort of a sad ending, and one that could definitely impact the "cocky" attitude of Sora's that so many are complaining about.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Now for how this applies to the partners. My thought was that during the course of the final battle, the enemy/enemies/whatever Xehanort thing we fight will trap Sora and Riku in some sort of super nightmare, and the partners consume it in order to save them, but at the cost of being corrupted and turned evil by the the darkness, and forcing Sora and Riku to have to take them out. Sort of a sad ending, and one that could definitely impact the "cocky" attitude of Sora's that so many are complaining about.

I can't see Sora and Riku killing off the partners they have grown so attached to, regardless of whether they have to or not. I think if anything, the first theory is closer to what might happen, but it won't be such a sad ending as Sora will probably be like "It doesn't matter where they go, they are in my heart!" or "It doesn't matter because I see them in my dreams" blah blah blah-something along those lines.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Seriously, It's a game. I don't know how COM makes/KH2/DD/ and soon KH3 you think it has to be what you think it is.

Well it is a gameplay mechanic, but I always enjoy when they weave in a plausible story-related reason as to that (like Mega Man Legends 2 says Roll sold all your weapons and upgrades from Legends 1 to repair the flutter). I mean, CoM's reason was different playing style (cards), 2's was your memory was screwed up and your skills and stuff were lost in the process, and Re:coded's was that you weren't Sora, but a data version of him. They always work in a story-related reason in KH, which I love, and Dream Drop Distance's will be that your fighting style is reset so you can learn the proper method of wielding the Keyblade.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Dammit, the bastard did it again -_______-

Yeah, I don't know how I feel about Sora changing how he battles permanently. XD

I'm pretty sure he'll be swinging that damn thing all over the place like a thug swings a bat xD

But I get where Yen Sid's coming from. Sora and Riku pretty much just picked up their keyblades and swung at whatever creeped outta a shadow. If they get taught the way TAV or any other real apprentice does, there won't be an excuse to see who's the strongest between them anymore xD

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well it is a gameplay mechanic, but I always enjoy when they weave in a plausible story-related reason as to that (like Mega Man Legends 2 says Roll sold all your weapons and upgrades from Legends 1 to repair the flutter). I mean, CoM's reason was different playing style (cards), 2's was your memory was screwed up and your skills and stuff were lost in the process, and Re:coded's was that you weren't Sora, but a data version of him. They always work in a story-related reason in KH, which I love, and Dream Drop Distance's will be that your fighting style is reset so you can learn the proper method of wielding the Keyblade.

But I think this story reason is really pissing people off and making me crash my head into a keybroad.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
But I think this story reason is really pissing people off and making me crash my head into a keybroad.

You were gonna have to start from lvl 1 anyhow and get all your skills/magic/combo back, why not have a story relevant reason to make it more realistic besides the "lol new game, no abilities even though you were a master last game"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back