• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura interview!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number Zero

The Dream Eaters will be "teaching" them, in a sense. Sora and Riku's growth is tied with the growth of their Dream Eaters. Yen Sid's style of teaching is more indirect, if you see with Mickey's training in BBS.

If that's the case, would it be possible that Sora and Riku find out about Keyblade Gliders and armor in this game? They DO have to master their Keyblade and what better way then transforming it into the vehicle they need use to travel around the worlds?

I know it won't be necessary in the Dream World but when they get back OUTSIDE in the real world? With a Glider they'll seem more, "I've got a powerful weapon, I've been trained, I'm ready." With Gummi Ships, it's more "I've got some random weapon, I'm winging it, I need help from some walking, talking animals."

No offense, MDG. But I said it before, but in BBS with Ven telling Donald and Goofy to stay behind might be a foreshadowing of them becoming obsolete given the current level of danger Sora, Riku ant TAV are about to face.

Also, don't flame me, please, it's just an opinion.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
If that's the case, would it be possible that Sora and Riku find out about Keyblade Gliders and armor in this game? They DO have to master their Keyblade and what better way then transforming it into the vehicle they need use to travel around the worlds?
I doubt it the armor and Keyblade vehicles were Eraqus's way of doing things as we've seen from Mickey and Yen Sid they forego armor and use gummi ships. Works out just fine there way to.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
From Xehanort's Report 2:
Our master instructed us to don armor while traveling between worlds, so that we might shield ourselves from the darkness. But there, in the Lanes Between, I could feel the force of it- the power- and from then on, I forwent my armor's "protection." I had been told the darkness would devour me, but what terrors could it possibly hold, so long as I found the strength to control it?

I guess Eraqus got that from his master, and kept it going. In present day KH-verse though, the usage of Gummi Ships kinda negates the need for those.

Number Zero

If they have the armor and the Glider they won't have to wait for their friends to pick them up. The Keyblade enables a person to leave their world. Say in the future, they find themselves on yet another quest, but MDG are unavailable to give help. They'll be stranded. With armor and gliders, they'll be able to leave the islands whenever they please.

Besides when TAV come back and use Keyblade Gliders and their armor, Sora and Riku are going to look...I don't know the word for it. Still like amateurs. Besides, why would Nomura introduce such an interesting concept and not build upon it?

On a side note, personally, I find the gliders cooler.

Last edited:

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
You do have a point there. And it's not really been shown whether or not Yen Sid doesn't like the armor/gliders or something; Mickey took off with the Star Shard in BBS so we don't know if he was trained with armor. Also, Gummi Ships again.

I'd be interested in what their gliders would look like myself...

Number Zero

Considering their looks in this game, possibly a "winged jet-pack" like Xehanort for Riku and something along the lines of a surfboard/skateboard for Sora. That'd be my guess.

Hopefully at the end of this game, Riku and Sora, especially Riku (I'd like him to be as good as Sora with his Keyblade), will do something epic like how Aqua was during the Final Episode.

In short, EPICNESS is what I'm hoping for.

Maybe Riku has to fight Sora, in case Sora 'falls' and gets possessed. But then again....

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
The epicity levels shall be high in this game, and even higher in KH3, I assure you. ^.^

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
If Sora and Riku did gain gliders, I would assume they would look like the gliders they used to fight Xemnas in dragon form in KH2.

billyzanesucks

If they have the armor and the Glider they won't have to wait for their friends to pick them up. The Keyblade enables a person to leave their world. Say in the future, they find themselves on yet another quest, but MDG are unavailable to give help. They'll be stranded. With armor and gliders, they'll be able to leave the islands whenever they please.

Besides when TAV come back and use Keyblade Gliders and their armor, Sora and Riku are going to look...I don't know the word for it. Still like amateurs. Besides, why would Nomura introduce such an interesting concept and not build upon it?

On a side note, personally, I find the gliders cooler.
Using a Gummi Ship would probably be easier. They could just get their own. I think Sora with armor would look very out-of-place. It would completely contradict his natural type of costume.

Also, that image of KH3D in the recent trailer with Sora falling looks like it could be a form of travel. It would fit in with the "Sora that falls" thing that Nomura was talking about.

rikufan06

The truth is that this is all just one big Inception/Kingdom Hearts crossover fanfic, and the end is Haley Joel Osment and David Gallagher waking up in a hotel room wondering what happened, live action. XD

LMAO almost like that one episode of family guide where that lady wakes up from a abd dream

Mr Yippie

how many famitsu articles on 3D can we expect per month, based on BBS's coverage

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
how many famitsu articles on 3D can we expect per month, based on BBS's coverage

Um, depending on if they go by the 1-2 worlds a month thing, we will probably see 1-2 articles per month. (Famitsu has five magazines and Shukan Famistu is the weekly one that has the largest circulation, then the one where we'd probably get more info on Nintendo stuff would be Famitsu DS + Wii.)

Amazing

The more I think about it he more it's sounding like Inception...Only ya know with keyblades being an important story factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back