• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura interview!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Ya, the whole thing about Traverse Town being made up of the worlds is why is why I'm confused. Maybe because it had existed for over 10 years (and had it's own keyhole) it had to go somewhere. The heart of that world couldn't just vanish into nothing.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hmm..so once the worlds return to there original state they return to the beginning of there story or something o_O

I would rather assume they return to the way they were just before they "fell to sleep", as if they were frozen in time while "submerged".

Awards
So hold on, if all these worlds are lost in sleep then how did Traverse Town get there? Did it just sort of happen to go there after most of the worlds were restored in KH1?

Considering it was a refugee world, after the inhabitants returned to their home worlds, it probably disappeared.
Still, one thing I'm curious about:

[*]All the Disney worlds appearing wil be new, and there will be new areas in existing worlds.

Existing WORLDS.
Existing non-Disney worlds besides Traverse Town include:
- Destiny Islands
- Radiant Garden
- Twilight Town
- Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion
- End of the World
- The World that Never Was
- Keyblade Graveyard

Destiny Islands is almost confirmed based on that quick cutscene, but I'm hesitant to say it's playable. Maybe we could finally go on the mainland? But what I don't understand is why DI appears when it is not in a state of sleep. Maybe, as I was talking about earlier, it's more like there's a dream world version of each world, and by unlocking their keyhole to sleep, it frees the inhabitants? Since DI isn't sleeping, there would be no inhabitants to rescue. There's a similar issue with Radiant Garden, though the scene we observed is clearly in the past. For some reason, I just don't want to visit Radiant Garden.

So the problem is we could look at that list and eliminate any world that isn't potentially sleeping, but with DI in the game, that might not be the case.
I would place my bets on Land of Departure making an appearance with new areas, because that place has a lot of untapped potential and we may even meet Eraqus. I'd also want Twilight Town for some new areas (and seeing Roxas and Axel), but I don't know how possible that would be.

I'm not inclined to say any of the end worlds will make an appearance, though I wouldn't throw Keyblade Graveyard completely out of the picture. Perhaps it was an actual world rather than a desolate wasteland prior to the Keyblade War.

EDIT:

The Dream Eaters were designed not to be traditionally cute, but to have charm that couldn’t be disliked. Wonder Cat was drawn to share that idea.
The color scheme is new this time; it’s more pastel unlike what we’ve done before.

I did pick up on that, and I'm glad they're using pastel/lighter shades as a motif. I felt like the Unversed were not different enough from the Heartless. A different color scheme goes a long way.

I want to see some legitimate Nightmares though. I do think a "charming" style is appropriate for dream creatures, but we still should be intimidated by some.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I did pick up on that, and I'm glad they're using pastel/lighter shades as a motif. I felt like the Unversed were not different enough from the Heartless. A different color scheme goes a long way.

I want to see some legitimate Nightmares though. I do think a "charming" style is appropriate for dream creatures, but we still should be intimidated by some.

What do you mean? The unversed had a color change in BBSFM to fix that blue color. So the final mix unversed look more attractive

Relix

A traveler
Awards
"Worlds submerged in sleep" makes a hell of a lot of sense and so does "Birth by Sleep" right about now. That is a very interesting concept. So there were worlds that never fell into darkness or returned to the light but just went into "sleep" So I'm sure we'll see the 'tormented'

This also explains Ansem SoD and Xemnas appearances...

I admit, the dream eaters do have a 'dream like charm' to them while still being unsettling to look at or be around. I may just like them more than the Unversed...God knows how much potential was wasted in those things

leonidus

W, wait a second! 0_o
If they are visiting worlds submerged in sleep... Why are we seeing Destiny Islands?

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Maybe that's a flashback to the first game, where it all began for them, and thus doesn't take place in the realm of sleep?

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Or it's a dream within a dream. Go deeper?
tumblr_l5u5u4rzxJ1qzgtjno1_500.png

Sad thing is that this is the second Inception joke I've made in this thread...

Awards
What do you mean? The unversed had a color change in BBSFM to fix that blue color. So the final mix unversed look more attractive

They weren't "fixing" anything in BbSFM. A palette swap in the FMs are not for repairing, they're just for changing things up.
Regardless, even in BbSFM, the Unversed still use the same deeper hues as the Heartless.

That's really the problem.
With Heartless, you have black and virtually all colors taken as a color scheme.
With Nobodies you have your whites and greys.

So what else is there? I thought it was pretty nice to use lighter pastels for the Dream Eaters. That way, you can still mix it up color-wise without them bearing to much of a resemblance to the Heartless. That's of course assuming that their actually designs aren't too much like the Heartless either.

Radar

Bronze Member
I really think Xion is going to be in this game, being saved by Sora from her 'sleep'. And then we sora wakes up he will have those memories, and her torment is healed.

Seems like an easy way of checking her/it off the list.

Mister E

The Inception analogy might not actually be that far from the truth; the trailer shows a short segment of Sora falling down to a large city-scape in his new clothing, which I'm going to assume is what that "falling Soras" scene from the E3 trailer ended up as.

As for Destiny Islands, I think this is where their journey into dreams might begin; a happy dream they both have, to be home and as their younger innocent selves. In order to reach the sleeping worlds, they need to dive deeper into the dream world. Dream Drop Distance, right?

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora: KAIRI! :D
Shiki: ...wut?

Either way, looking good so far. Still hasn't gotten my complete interest to buy a 3DS.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
ok now i understand wh twewu is in this game its to start promotion for its sequel
most of hadnt heard of the game untill now just imgaine when khddd hits store world wide eeverone will go but the original game and be intrested in the seqeul square enix you are a sly fox
and that shiki girls gonna show up
pleases me but its weird its gonna be liek hot kairir with little sora lol dressed eveen skimpier ......i bet you they change her skirt so it isnt hookerish

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
ok now i understand wh twewu is in this game its to start promotion for its sequel

If there is a sequel. It hasn't been announced yet.

most of hadnt heard of the game untill now just imgaine when khddd hits store world wide eeverone will go but the original game and be intrested in the seqeul square enix you are a sly fox

Actually, it's probably one of the most popular DS games in existence.

and that shiki girls gonna show up
pleases me but its weird its gonna be liek hot kairir with little sora lol dressed eveen skimpier ......i bet you they change her skirt so it isnt hookerish

But Real!Shiki is so much better than Eri!Shiki :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back