• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura Interview on Birth by Sleep - 358/2 Days!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson-Darkness

Interesting ..... very interesting

but still these guys from Famitsu doesn't know how to ask any questions !!! and whats up
with Nomura he didn't even say Aqua's name !!!!

D

Dexter

So wait I dont get it ....is the gameplay gonna be like a hybrid of COM gameplay, or will it still be hack-slah gameplay!? Also when TM says we can start out with any character does that mean we can start out as Terra, and then Aqua, and Ven will be in your group (kinda like Donald, and Goofy)...If that's how it's gonna be then that's CRAZY amount of replay value....

CBJ3

Website
www.cbj3.deviantart.com
This is of course merely speculation, But since Chain of Memories was based on the memories of people being messed around with (loose links and all, Namine even mentioned them fading into darkness) Maybe the third enemy that Normura is hinting at is called a 'memory'.

Heartless Nobody Memory

Now im in the right forum ^^

Xehanort: 17

Nomura Interview - Birth By Sleep (PSP):

Nomura: The secret ending [from KH2: FM+] is actually a scene from Birth By Sleep

CooL!! can't wait to see that.

Nomura: This game goes the farthest back in the Kingdom Hearts timeline, about ten years before the original Kingdom Hearts.

So it's in the past... way CooL!!

Nomura: There are three Heroes: Terra, Ven, and another character in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

what about Aqua?... why did Nomura say "anotheR characteR" does that mean it's not Aqua.

Nomura: In Kingdom Hearts, Sora meant Sky, Riku meant Land, and Kairi meant Sea. In this game, the three meanings make a large impact on the game.

So the names do mean something afteR all.

Also there are times when all three heroes will meet.

could it be "The Gathering."

"Why is the elderly person who appears in Birth by Sleep bringing up the same name?" and ,"Why is he wearing the same clothes as Ansem in the original Kingdom Hearts?"

Good questions... can't wait to find out!

I cannot tell whether or not that he is a"King" at that current age.

So Mickey Mouse was not King at that Time. CooL!!

The new enemy is not a Heartless, or a Nobody

Woah!! what if the new enemy are the "chaseRs"

Nomura Interview - 358/2 Days (DS):

the game really begins at the time in which Roxas enters the Organization XIII.

i can't wait to play it!!

Where do you think the end is?

you tell me... i think the ending wilL be CooL.

but there is a [form of?] progression in story.

what type of Form?

I should bring it up now, that the XIV member is not Namine

Ha... there you have it. for those who thought the 14th membeR was Namine, it isn't her!!

why there's no pillar for this character

the 14th membeR does not have a pillaR?

why she never appeared in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Maybe... she left the Organization before Kingdom Hearts 2?

multiplayer gives a sense of freedom, as this mode has no effect on the story

CooL!!... i like it, i like it alot.

Also, you are able to customize your character freely.

Ooh yeah baby, can't wait!!

Anyways, one thing is for sure the new kh Games wilL Rock!!

Last edited:
Y

Yannis

what about Aqua?... why did Nomura say "anotheR characteR" does that mean it's not Aqua.

That´s strange, since he didnt say Aqua´s name even in BBS-interview. He just said, that you can play with Terra, Ven and the another character, or something...

But it cant be Aqua. Is Roxas Sora? Is Xemnas Ansem? Aqua´s nobody would have different names and would be whole different person like "Xaqau" , "Axauq" or "Quaax"..

GIIIIIIIIIRLZ :D

Website
xephelyn.deviantart.com
I noticed as well how Nomura doesn't confirm Aqua as a third character...just says somebody else. Hmm.

OMG No....... Not anything like COM, no cards!!!! :( Dead. No cards... Oh well three senarious!Cool!
Yeah, I'm with this guy. I'd absolutely DREAD if the gameplay had anything to do with cards. AöSLDKJF")çTUSLJDF.

He means that out of all three, it will be released last.
D: DAMNIT.

Xelm

omg! im really hyped about these games now. XD
BBS sounds the most interesting right now though.
im hoping to get both BBS and 358/2 days, so I need to buy a PSP.
Christmas is in a few months tho. ;D

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Hyped am I :). Okay since I had a phailed thread, I shall quote myself here ^^.

I think a lot of theories have been confirmed in the past few days. Naminé not being the XIVth member, whether or not Heartless and Nobodies woild have been around (not so sure how many of you were thinking that but I certainly remember discussing whether Heartless even existed then or not), the meanings of the names and how they all link together (PostMentalFerocity's archetypes ^^) and how the different scenarios in Birth by Sleep may play out. It's also interesting to know how long this game has been in development.

I'm a bit confused about the gameplay, but I'm sure it will work out. I hope it maintains the feel of the console titles as well as some new additions :D.

What I found funny though was this:

Nomura: For example, the name Xehanort is bought up in Kingdom Hearts 2. The game will answer several things like, "Why is the elderly person who appears in Birth by Sleep bringing up the same name?" and ,"Why is he wearing the same clothes as Ansem in the original Kingdom Hearts?" Another thing I want to bring up, is ,"Ven has the same hairstyle, face, clothes, and voice of Roxas, but just who is he?

He's just gone and asked the very questions we are asking >_< AAAH! But never mind, I think that's the whole point. We'll have to wait and see!

Jesse McCartney seems to be returning then ;) it's interesting to know how similar Roxas ans Ven really are. About Sora and Roxas.. well Roxas was a Nobody of Sora, and was almost a reflection.. Soo I think this should spawn forth some new ideas O_O.

Then there's Coded, which sounds a bit.. strange with the puzzle mechanics, but the story seems to be entirely relevant considering our estimates were right about all three games contributing to one more possibly final project! So that's KH3 furthermore confirmed (but not for a while truly ._.). International could be interesting, I just hope that includes Europe. I need a new phone anyway ^^'.

Sooo yea, all in all, not a bad bit of information we've gotten recently!

T

Tyler Durden

It would be great if you would post the actual interviews, scans, etc. instead of linking me to them.

It didn't really confirm much, except that there is a new set of enemies. Other than that, interesting but not useful.

Lexah

So, did anyone else notice the whole "customize your character" in 358/2? I realize that that could just be stats or something, but it could possibly mean customizing the 14th Organization member, right? That would be so...AWESOME! The little fangirl in my heart sings to think that a Mary Sue I made before KH2 came out could come to life in a game. This is most likely just wishful thinking, but wouldn't that be cool?

Blue

home is where the heart is
That would really be cool....I can't wait for 358/2 days!!!

T

twilightsora100

I just hope that there will never be cards again because...it sucked. I hated that I had to wait for the cards to reload. I would sometimes die because I needed the cure card and I need like one more hit to a boss, like ONE MORE...and I die.:cursing: because of the stupid reload.And is the one on the DS gonna be 3D or is it gonna have cheap graphics like COM. Oh,, and this is my first comment on the forums:thumbup:

Blue

home is where the heart is
Welcome to the forums then,you'll have a good time here.
I also didn't like the cards,I think there won't be such a battle system in 358/2 days.Also,it will be in 3D I heard

Nomura_fanatic

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Nomura said that the battle system in BBS was gonna be similar to IAWW in some way... but how the hell is that gonna work? While IAWW is the best game on the DS, without the touch screen (and the second screen) the battle system would be an absolute failure. It'll be interesting to see if Nomura can pull this off.

It makes me sad that the graphics for coded are better than the graphics for 358/2 days though...

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
It makes me sad that the graphics for coded are better than the graphics for 358/2 days though...
They aren't, according to Nomura's interview those aren't Coded's graphics, they're actually a computer representation of what they HOPE they'll be able to put on Cell phone hardware, but as of now there is no actual in-game footage because they don't even know how far graphically they can take the game

You can't really be so judgmental of 358/2's graphics that we've seen so far for a couple reasons

1. Because these are very early-in-development screens of the game

2. Certain graphical styles look fantastic when in-motion during play, but if you try and take a still-screen of the action, they end up looking terrible, when really they look great when it's in motion

3. The scans we have are actually enlarged and distorted slightly from the DS's screen resolution, meaning that these images are actually slightly pixelated from what the graphics actually look like because they enlarged them for the scans

Also, from what Nomura's said so far, Coded is actually 2D sprites rendered on a 3D map, meaning that Sora and co. and all the enemies are actually 2D, but the background like Traverse town and the Blocks are rendered in 3D

Whereas the DS game is completely in 3D

Last edited:

Nomura_fanatic

Oh ok. i was just disappointed initially becuz the cutscene graphics looked quite good and then u look at the in game graphics and there is such a change. I do see ur point though, and the final graphics for games are almost always better than the initial graphics. I hadn't heard the thing about the Coded graphics being 2d on 3d backgrounds though. If the scenes so far are just from a computer, then that definitely explains why they're better at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back