• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

nomura interview - next kh game sora not the main character.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverCyrus

I think Sora is gonna die (or something of equal value), and KH3 will be his last journey.

And a new character is going to take over.

at least i hope so. (sorta)

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
Why do I feel as if this mystery character will be Riku or sumthing?
nah i dont think so xD
if anything its gonna be about xehanort :O

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, if we might take into account news that's been released over the past couple of years, we would know Nomura has, or at least appears to, have some type of overall view on the series and where it's going; We got Roxas' story, we got Xehanort, or at least enough to shed light on current circumstances, that would Riku and our dear King Mickey.

I truly believe Mickey will lead this mystery game, it would allow Nomura to fulfill his dream of creating a Mickey Mouse title, which is what he wanted Kingdom Hearts to be initially, and Mickey's travels through the realm of darkness. I think this journey is core to the franchise to tie all the events and characters together, Mickey's saga goes as far back as BBS, he is the Yoda to Kingdom Hearts.

Plus, with Disney making Epic Mickey, and allowing Mickey to take on a more snarky, darker role, it clearly shows Disney has loosened up its grip on Mickey's image, and it's entirely possible Epic Mickey could be testing the waters for Nomura's eventual release.

MeggieKeyblader

Well, if we might take into account news that's been released over the past couple of years, we would know Nomura has, or at least appears to, have some type of overall view on the series and where it's going; We got Roxas' story, we got Xehanort, or at least enough to shed light on current circumstances, that would Riku and our dear King Mickey.

I truly believe Mickey will lead this mystery game, it would allow Nomura to fulfill his dream of creating a Mickey Mouse title, which is what he wanted Kingdom Hearts to be initially, and Mickey's travels through the realm of darkness. I think this journey is core to the franchise to tie all the events and characters together, Mickey's saga goes as far back as BBS, he is the Yoda to Kingdom Hearts.

Plus, with Disney making Epic Mickey, and allowing Mickey to take on a more snarky, darker role, it clearly shows Disney has loosened up its grip on Mickey's image, and it's entirely possible Epic Mickey could be testing the waters for Nomura's eventual release.

Mickey as the main character would be pretty cool. But Nomura said that they're already working on the mystery game. Would they really work on 2 Mickey games at once?

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, Epic Mickey is due out in September of this year, and it's being made by a completely separate developer. Nomura says he wants, at least, one KH game a year, so if Mickey was this playable character, it could hit stores sometime in 2011 and not interfere with marketing for Epic Mickey, which will have already done its business, and perhaps even, if it rocks, build hype for Mickey's KH installment.

It's just that I feel, this mystery game introducing an all new character sounds very convoluted, does it not? BBS already has a headache-inducing plot, at least with trying to translate it, playing it made me dizzy, these characters, that and so forth. And they want to add more to the mix, just sounds bad.

MeggieKeyblader

Well, Epic Mickey is due out in September of this year, and it's being made by a completely separate developer. Nomura says he wants, at least, one KH game a year, so if Mickey was this playable character, it could hit stores sometime in 2011 and not interfere with marketing for Epic Mickey, which will have already done its business, and perhaps even, if it rocks, build hype for Mickey's KH installment.

It's just that I feel, this mystery game introducing an all new character sounds very convoluted, does it not? BBS already has a headache-inducing plot, at least with trying to translate it, playing it made me dizzy, these characters, that and so forth. And they want to add more to the mix, just sounds bad.

Yeah, I agree with you on that one, I'm 75% sure that it's not going to be a new character. Nomura said that this character is the core of KH, along with Sora, so I'm not sure how they'd do that, it'd be kinda lame introducing a completely new character who's suddenly the core of the series, y'know?

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah, that's my point exactly. Talk about coming out of left field. I can understand BBS, elaborating on the past, even if some of it feels forced, but a completely new character, introduced this late in the series, suddenly an integral piece of the franchise, I don't care who the developer is, that's cheap.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Yeah, that's my point exactly. Talk about coming out of left field. I can understand BBS, elaborating on the past, even if some of it feels forced, but a completely new character, introduced this late in the series, suddenly an integral piece of the franchise, I don't care who the developer is, that's cheap.

Plus with BBS easing everybody into seeing more mickey. if they do have a game centered about him it won't seem like he came out of nowhere with importance.

Then again that was never the case.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Yeah, just like with casting Riku as a star. Seriously, where did that come from?

If you're talking about how he can't be a star, then may I refer to the Re: CoM, him being fairly important in Days (despite not being the main character), and..

the last lines in the final ending, which referred to BOTH Sora and Riku as "our heroes" (lol at how it sounds like Pokemon).

Even if parts of his timeline have been covered, there's still gaps that a Riku game/ mini-series could take care of. Then again, there's more there for a Mickey game... but I don't want several games, I want one or two, which a Riku sub-series would surely be, ignoring a possible remake and fleshing out of his part in Re: CoM. Yes, Nomura said no remakes, but if it's a separate series (part of KH, but not)..

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
If you're talking about how he can't be a star, then may I refer to the Re: CoM, him being fairly important in Days (despite not being the main character), and..

the last lines in the final ending, which referred to BOTH Sora and Riku as "our heroes" (lol at how it sounds like Pokemon).

Even if parts of his timeline have been covered, there's still gaps that a Riku game/ mini-series could take care of. Then again, there's more there for a Mickey game... but I don't want several games, I want one or two, which a Riku sub-series would surely be, ignoring a possible remake and fleshing out of his part in Re: CoM. Yes, Nomura said no remakes, but if it's a separate series (part of KH, but not)..

That could very easily mean Kairi and Sora.

MeggieKeyblader

Er, I'm not sure if this means anything, but I'm kind of doubting that it's Mickey now kinda. Nomura refers to the new character being a 'person' in the interview... if he knew it was going to be Mickey, wouldn't he just've said 'character'? He might've just made a mistake, though.

Nomura: 'Kingdom Hearts' is Sora's story, but the series we're working on at the moment is the story of one other person. That is to say, it's a series where that person is the focus.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Er, I'm not sure if this means anything, but I'm kind of doubting that it's Mickey now kinda. Nomura refers to the new character being a 'person' in the interview... if he knew it was going to be Mickey, wouldn't he just've said 'character'? He might've just made a mistake, though.

Unless he's referring to Mickey as a person, I think that means it's a Riku game. Like I've said before, unless Nomura retcons/ changes his mind/ word, Young Xehanort's storyline probably won't being the storyline of a game, even if Xehanort's past could easily be made connect all the other games as well. Isn't there something about History, concerning that you need to know the past to understand the future or whatever? Yeah, I know about BBS, but Young Xehanort's storyline could just as easily be that past we need to know about. However, it's still either going to be a Mickey game or a Riku one, unless Nomura changes his mind.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
That's just not substantial enough to act as evidence against Mickey Mouse not being the protagonist of the mystery installment. He is a person, human or humanoid, a bipedal, by the way, Mickey is an integral character to the franchise, and is just as connected to Xehanort, but we still know so little of Mickey's journey, which is critical to knowing how all these characters come together, and just why Mickey states Sora is the one to reconnect these pieces.

You're acting as if Mickey is some throw away person which he is not, and to that point, Nomura has referred several times to Donald, Goofy, and in that case, even potentially Mickey Mouse, as persons, or people. Unless those translations were wrong, then this one could be just the same.

Sorry, Days is easily the weakest of the franchise, and is where Square is starting to show the rough edges around Kingdom Hearts longevity, they keep pushing out small scale pieces, while retconing in more unnecessary characters (Xion). A Riku game is out, I just believe that flat out, I won't even debate it. He is not a backbone to the franchise, and we know his entire story, you're lying to yourself if you believe we have more to gain from retreading old ground, unless they retcon yet again.

We know enough about Xehanort to make him a credible threat and he's already been built up quite enough, if we so need to learn more from him, then have Kingdom Hearts III deal with that fallout, as it would make sense, were Xehanort to be the series final villain, that his history be revealed and further developed in the third installment, but even I see that as overkill, we just know what we need to. Like Palpatine, like everything has to be spelled out in every little detail.

Lastly, these are the reasons why I weigh toward King Mickey Mouse, he is a person integral to the franchise, while we still know so little of his journey, even BBS just barely touches on some of his aspects, and KH1 and 2 just reveal bare necessities. His journey to gain the key, the note, what all happened to him in the realm of darkness, did he come across other Keyblade wielders. On top of all that, his journey crosses with Riku plenty of times that if Riku has a story to be told, in could be done so in collaboration with Mickey.

I for one do not want to see another one off, throw away character, that is suddenly introduced and is now integral to the whole plot, you might then say it's there story, blah, blah, blah, they've given us five games, six if you consider coded (I do not), and integral character should have already been included.

Plus, why shouldn't Disney have an integral character to the franchise, someone with a greater history and understanding then these others, I would feel much more comfortable following Mickey, then someone like Riku, who I've never respected as a character, or some new one that pops up to still the light.

MeggieKeyblader

Unless he's referring to Mickey as a person, I think that means it's a Riku game. Like I've said before, unless Nomura retcons/ changes his mind/ word, Young Xehanort's storyline probably won't being the storyline of a game, even if Xehanort's past could easily be made connect all the other games as well. Isn't there something about History, concerning that you need to know the past to understand the future or whatever? Yeah, I know about BBS, but Young Xehanort's storyline could just as easily be that past we need to know about. However, it's still either going to be a Mickey game or a Riku one, unless Nomura changes his mind.

Wait, what's the word that he's gonna break if he makes a young MX game? I forget xD

A Riku game is out, I just believe that flat out, I won't even debate it. He is not a backbone to the franchise, and we know his entire story, you're lying to yourself if you believe we have more to gain from retreading old ground, unless they retcon yet again.

Yeah, I really feel like there's no possible game that can be made about Riku that will actually explain things. They explained a lot of Riku's story in CoM and 358/2 Days, and Coded, if I remember correctly. I think he's just gonna stay as Sora's best friend and still an important character, regardless of the last lines of BbS.

So, yea. Mickey or young MX. Maybe the 'person' thing was a mistake on Nomura's part.

MegaPaopu

Nomura openly admitted that Kingdom Hearts is Sora's story. Also with the secret ending of BBS it leads you believe that you will play as him again. I really can't fathom the thought of another main KH without Sora as the main character. we already have two spin-offs, let's give Sora his fame back!!

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Nomura openly admitted that Kingdom Hearts is Sora's story. Also with the secret ending of BBS it leads you believe that you will play as him again. I really can't fathom the thought of another main KH without Sora as the main character. we already have two spin-offs, let's give Sora his fame back!!

Nomura is not listening.
Yes....yes...Nomura, in fact, feeds off your pain and misfortune.
How delicious the cries for KH2FM+ outside of Japan are.
img_35.gif

MeggieKeyblader

But didn't Nomura say that the next mystery game that's gonna connect the series have a different main character? Or is that only for the new series? Either way, he said that the mystery game's gonna connect to the mystery series, so it might not have Sora as the main character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back