• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura Interview in Famitsu Mentions KHII HD!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That's tomorrow if so. Then we will have more info.
Or really soon if it leaks early.

And to why Days is cutscene, if pushed back just to remake a game would mess up the one game per year flow and Days and it's gameplay... Well, can't say.
Days gameplay was just like KH1's?

And BBS is not in the first collection because KH2's secret ending led BBS which led to Recoded secret ending which led to DDD.ww
I don't think they'd leave that many secret endings in there. BBS' is a given, and hopefully the KH1/FM ones are there because in HD would be orgasmic, but ones like KHII's and Re:CoM's excuse for one would probably be taken off.
I dunno.

Forsaken Shadow

I don't think they'd leave that many secret endings in there. BBS' is a given, and hopefully the KH1/FM ones are there because in HD would be orgasmic, but ones like KHII's and Re:CoM's excuse for one would probably be taken off.
I dunno.

What was Re:CoM's secret ending?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ok I translated a blog post regarding the Nomura interview! I think most of the HD stuff was covered by gematsu but there's some new info regarding KH Browser, perhaps...?

Please credit Sokuhou@Hokanko(Alt) and KHI (and/or me!)

PS3: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX: A restart for the series? KH Browser Game: Story doesn't matter much?

A short interview with Mr. Nomura has been published. It seems that KH2 will 'of course' be done, too?

Outline
- 2013 release
- Retail Price TBA
-Director: Tetsuya Nomura
-Co-Director: Tai Yasue
-Producer: Rie Nishi
-Kingdom Hearts Final Mix: Japanese langage HD remaster
-Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories: HD remaster of the full remake of the GBA title
ETA: This means a HD remaster of the title Re:CoM, which was a full PS2 remake of the BGA title Chain of Memories
-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: Video volume consisting of cutscenes fully remade in HD
-Some of the character models have been replaced with the new ones from KH3D? KH3D aside, some characters have still had model changes
-Kingdom Hearts for PC Browser will be a free to play title with purchasable items in which you adventure with your customised avatar

Interview
Some parts of the short interview with director Mr. Tetsuya Nomura. (TN: I wasn't sure whether these snippets were direct quotes or paraphrasing, so I went with third person!)
-Before turning to the conclusion of the present series, the 'Seeker of Darkness Chronicles' (same as what has been called the Xehanort Chronicles up until now), he wanted to bring the whole story up until KHII together.
-The two titles included as games will have trophy support. The controls in KH1 have been modified to be a little closer to the ones in KH2.
-He thought about making a full remake of 358/2 Days like Re:CoM, but that would have delayed starting work on the new title, so he included it in the form of something like a theatre mode. 70% of the main story has been put to video with freshly-recorded voicing, and they are currently working on around 100 scenes.
-KH for browser is not a title with an emphasis on story, but they are working in a set-up. You can enjoy the content as something completely separate from the main series. The card battling is different from Re:CoM. They are filling this title with new elements for this type of customisation-based title.
-(Regarding a HD version of KH2 and up) it would be unnatural not to.
-He thinks that because the series so far has been scattered over different consoles, there have been people who found it difficult to access sequels. Seeing as you will now be able to enjoy the story in HD quality right from the beginning, he would absolutely love for those who haven't played yet to do so. Even those who have already played it all may make new discoveries regarding foreshadowing and lines that reference previous lines and such. He would be happy if this title turns out to be a 'restart' for the series.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Had it been confirmed that it was P2P before? (I wish I knew the proper word for 'P2P with paying for items' haha)

WaveK89

"but that would have delayed starting work on the new title"

Does he mean the PC Browser game when he mentions new title?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No, he means 1.5. As in, before beginning 1.5 they would have had to first make the equivalent of a Re:Days to stand beside Re:CoM and KHFM...

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I wonder if the theater mode will only be viewable cut-scene by cut-scene or if it will include a "play all" function that'll seamlessly transition from one to the other. Fade outs and fade ins or something.
Would you rather the Days scenes be:
a)Viewed all in one go, like a movie or a long TV episode(like the PLAY ALL button)
b)you can pick and choose which scenes you watch, and when you're done you go back to the theatre menu?

If all we're getting from Days is cutscenes, I would like the option for it to be viewed like one, cohesive film.

That said, I hope they have an actual narrative to carry what the gameplay and dialogue boxes did. Instead of just jumping from one mission briefing to ice cream eating cutscene and repeating, I'd like to see relevant fleshed out missions (i.e. Xaldin investigating Beast's Castle, placing the devices, etc).

Nomura's stated "100 new cutscenes" specifically, so they are obviously dissected and you should be able to view them individually like any other theatre mode, but I would like to view them all at once, preferably without buffering in between.

Xagzan

Awards
Developing Days, no matter how simple it may be (well, it probably isn't, anyways), still consumes time that could have been put into other projects. Square has other KH projects to focus on, let alone non-KH projects.

In regards to BBS. Even though it was a prequel to KH1, the game was still designed to succeed KH2, particularly plot-wise and gameplay-wise. In terms of plot, KH2 introduced plot elements and mysteries that BBS would later elaborate upon, just as KH1 did the same for KH2. Gameplay-wise, well...Imagine playing BBS first, then KH1. The transition from a gameplay system as developed as BBS to KH1's gameplay system is preeeeettttyyy bad.

Yes I know that, I know it's more appropriate to play BBS after KH2, but with Nomura talking about "chronological order," and Days' inclusion in 1.5 even though it too is better placed after KH2, it made me ask why not just put BBS instead of Days? That way we could've gotten a playable Days in 2.5, instead of never.

JustSnilloc

Right Stick Camera in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix confirmed?

Probably

Also, am I the only one who thinks this, or does Nomura saying (and I'm paraphrasing): "it'd be weird not to have a 2.5 after making a 1.5"... am I the only one who thinks this is Nomura just being sensible and saying "duh, that's the idea"

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Probably

Also, am I the only one who thinks this, or does Nomura saying (and I'm paraphrasing): "it'd be weird not to have a 2.5 after making a 1.5"... am I the only one who thinks this is Nomura just being sensible and saying "duh, that's the idea"

No, that sounds about right. If the idea is to catch people up, it's inevitable that 2.5 will be made. It would have to in order to suit that purpose.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Probably

Don't think it as that abstract; Nomura's painting a pretty clear picture with that. Not that he needed to, anyways; the moment KH1HD hit light, its successor was inevitable.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
An HD edition for every installment almost sounds too good to be true. I just hope my older copies dont become redundant because I tend to do that to some of my games sometimes when I feel that I have a better more convenient version to play (you would seem a handheld version of a game would be more convenient than a console version) but that's just how I game. This HD collection sounds amazing, and I suppose its kinda surprising that I'm more shocked and looking forward to the 70% of Days being made in a Theatre-like mode. I may be able to appreciate that installment more if I'm not gritting my teeth through redundant and pointless missions that may "not be pointless overall because it brings Roxas closer to his KH2 self or closer to Xion" or what have you that Days defenders say, though they could have done such things through cutscenes and conversations, but that's an argument for another thread. I definitely feel that I would appreciate Days, its content, and characters more this way.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Wow I became a very happy/slightly confused person after reading through the whole thread. XD Glad I was not on or else I would have panicked about the Re:CoM mishap.
The main thing that got my attention:100 CUTSCENES FOR DAYS
I am not disappointed at all now about not getting Days playable~

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I fully expect the new remade cutscenes in Days to be:
-Most of the text-box dialogue scenes. A few of the scenes on the clock tower, the Luxord missions, etc.
-A huge emphasis on the scene when Roxas goes to sleep, and Xemnas asks Saïx if they found the Chamber of Waking. Also the conversations between Axel and Saïx.
-Any scene about Xion that fleshes the plot out with voice acting.
-Roxas, that's a stick. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back