• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura Interview in Famitsu Mentions KHII HD!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Sometimes information on 2ch comes in rather slapdash, so it'd probably be a good idea to wait for the interview.

Unless further clarification shows up.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
You guys dont have the game ?

Nope, I think Re:CoM was only released in Japan and NA. Maybe someplace else but I'm sure to be corrected if I'm wrong.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Nope, I think Re:CoM was only released in Japan and NA. Maybe someplace else but I'm sure to be corrected if I'm wrong.
Thats terrible, since its a simple matter of adding subtitles in different languges. I'm sorry

billyzanesucks

I'm a little disappointed that there's still no news of additional scenes (except possibly in the theater mode).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
From Erren: "To clear up any confusion, both KH and Re:COM will be remastered in HD. 358/2 Days is cutscenes only remade into HD."

TepidShark

Awards
Didn't they already say it would have two sets of trophies, one for KHFM and one for Re: Chain? Wouldn't that mean that Re: Chain is playable?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Looks like Nom-chan wanted to properly remake Days but they didn't have time.
That's what I said from the start but everyone said "No, it definitely says Re:Chain of Memories".

Not happy, Jan.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Looks like Nom-chan wanted to properly remake Days but they didn't have time.

Thats interesting, I wonder how he would have gone about it. For some reason the select-a-mission from the hub style of game that days is seems perfect for a handheld console, but I can't really see it suiting a home console. Guess we'll never know, and hopefully everyone will stop panicking about the mistranslation now

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
We're waiting on some clarification.

Also the 70% thing was indeed about Days.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Thats interesting, I wonder how he would have gone about it. For some reason the select-a-mission from the hub style of game that days is seems perfect for a handheld console, but I can't really see it suiting a home console. Guess we'll never know, and hopefully everyone will stop panicking about the mistranslation now

Well, it might have something to do with having to strip out multiplayer elements (since it's probably not cost effective to do something through PSN through a server) or having to redo a lot of art assets.

Since doing one or both would probably tack on extra dev time -- and Nomura's "goal" being to get KH fandom (at large) up to speed on the series (before KH3, I wager), I can see why that decision was made.

With the cutscenes, they basically replace the models and the levels with their counterparts in KH1/KH2 with better graphical fidelity. You can take animation data from Days and apply that to the 1.5 cutscenes -- the process isn't particularly labor intensive.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
70% of Days will be represented via cutscenes, with 100 new cutscenes getting voices.

(aka cutscenes that weren't previously voiced)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
What to expect in these cutscenes:
zyXAP.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back