• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura Interview in Famitsu Mentions KHII HD!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

While I'm sure few doubted it to begin with, Series Director Tetsuya Nomura mentions in this week's Famitsu Weekly interview that "it'd be unusual if there wasn't" in regards to KINGDOM HEARTS II HD!

We'll have more information for you available when the interview surfaces later on!

He also mentions a few other interesting pieces of information in regards to KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMIX! The old models of Sora and the other characters have been replaced with their updated versions from KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance], and gameplay has been revamped to be more similar to KINGDOM HEARTS II. 

Edit: Thanks to goldpanner, we've got further info from Sokuhou@Hokanko(Alt):

Outline
- 2013 release
- Retail Price TBA
-Director: Tetsuya Nomura
-Co-Director: Tai Yasue
-Producer: Rie Nishi

-Kingdom Hearts Final Mix: Japanese langage HD remaster
-Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories: HD remaster of the full remake of the GBA title
ETA: This means a HD remaster of the title Re:CoM, which was a full PS2 remake of the BGA title Chain of Memories
-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: Video volume consisting of cutscenes fully remade in HD
-Some of the character models have been replaced with the new ones from KH3D? KH3D aside, some characters have still had model changes
-Kingdom Hearts for PC Browser will be a free to play title with purchasable items in which you adventure with your customised avatar

Interview
Some parts of the short interview with director Mr. Tetsuya Nomura. (TN: I wasn't sure whether these snippets were direct quotes or paraphrasing, so I went with third person!)

-Before turning to the conclusion of the present series, the 'Seeker of Darkness Chronicles' (same as what has been called the Xehanort Chronicles up until now), he wanted to bring the whole story up until KHII together.
-The two titles included as games will have trophy support. The controls in KH1 have been modified to be a little closer to the ones in KH2.
-He thought about making a full remake of 358/2 Days like Re:CoM, but that would have delayed starting work on the new title, so he included it in the form of something like a theatre mode. 70% of the main story has been put to video with freshly-recorded voicing, and they are currently working on around 100 scenes.
-KH for browser is not a title with an emphasis on story, but they are working in a set-up. You can enjoy the content as something completely separate from the main series. The card battling is different from Re:CoM. They are filling this title with new elements for this type of customisation-based title.
-(Regarding a HD version of KH2 and up) it would be unnatural not to.
-He thinks that because the series so far has been scattered over different consoles, there have been people who found it difficult to access sequels. Seeing as you will now be able to enjoy the story in HD quality right from the beginning, he would absolutely love for those who haven't played yet to do so. Even those who have already played it all may make new discoveries regarding foreshadowing and lines that reference previous lines and such. He would be happy if this title turns out to be a 'restart' for the series.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I can't wait with to hear him chuckle

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, you can't really hear him, but I like to pretend he has this nice voice caught between being too high pitched and the middle

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
afasdflasdjlfjasd;f YAY! :D like is wasn't already obvious though
Now how about that BIRTH BY SLEEP?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Updated with new information.

And you all thought they were Re:CoM models xD

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Sora in ill-fitting attire in HD.

It's not his new 3D clothes, it's still his KH1 clothes. They made a new KH1 clothes model for 3D too.

Or do you think his KH1 clothes are ill fitting? D:

gameplay has been revamped to be more similar to KINGDOM HEARTS II
I'm imagining that's just the reaction commands. But then again... what other possibilities could be in store?

Hopefully nothing that makes Sora too overpowered.
With Theater Mode, 70% of it are old cutscenes made to be new with voice.

Hm? Does this mean that they're redubbing?

Awards
With Theater Mode, 70% of it are old cutscenes made to be new with voice.

I'm not sure what he's saying here. 30% new cutscenes in Theater Mode? lol I doubt that.
Orrr... that 70% of the cutscenes in Theater Mode were dialogue box/unvoiced, but now fully voiced, perhaps? That sounds like way too much. But, huh, wonder if this means some of the dialogue box scenes in KH1 are getting bumped up to fully voiced, that'd be really nice.

And the Re:CoM Disney worlds? Ok that's asking for a bit much.

Updated with new information.

And you all thought they were Re:CoM models xD

They are, though. We refer to them as the Re:CoM models because that's the first time they were introduced.
Facially, Sora is the same in DDD as he was in Re:CoM (suit is obviously different). Same goes for Riku, not including his haircut.

The only one I'm not sure about is Ansem. His model was absolutely updated, no question (and his Re:CoM model never was, actually). But... he still looks a bit different than he did in 3D, even.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sorry for the confusion! Thanks to Zephyr, we got a clarification and revised the voiced statement:

With Theater Mode, 70% of it will have new voice recordings.

Probably referring to all the new Days scenes?

cloudzack117

hmmm short haired riku in kingdom hearts 1. yes...YESSS. Also in regards to new voice recordings, i kind of like that idea, but at the same time the voices in KH1 were pretty spot on. Ive always prefered soras voice from 1(unfortunatly puberty cant be stopped), and as good as epcar is, nothing beats zaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane. Disney voices were perfect. FF voices were...rerecord, except for cloud.

Awards
Ahh, ok. Still, 70% is pretty damn high.

I mean, assuming it's referring exclusively to Days cutscenes, does that mean Days occupies 70% of Theater Mode? Like, even if they voiced all the relevant cutscenes in the game (sans a lot of the filler crap, like "hmmm Roxas what are those sigils doing over there???"), I don't know if it would occupy that much.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Ahh, ok. Still, 70% is pretty damn high.

I mean, assuming it's referring exclusively to Days cutscenes, does that mean Days occupies 70% of Theater Mode? Like, even if they voiced all the relevant cutscenes in the game (sans a lot of the filler crap, like "hmmm Roxas what are those sigils doing over there???"), I don't know if it would occupy that much.

Sorry Grass. I made an error in the translation. It should say "A new theater mode will feature 70% of the main voice recordings."

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
updated models huh... mabey we could have the option to switch him him to his ddd costume.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
updated models huh... mabey we could have the option to switch him him to his ddd costume.

Not those models of course, but the one of him wearing his original outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back