• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura Interview Fully Translated!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeybladeMaster07

Full translation now up!

Translation by Lissar said:
- The story behind how they got started on development for KH3D (temporary title) was that Nintendo talked to them really enthusiastically about it, and SE wanted to jump on board and they asked them if they could make something for this hardware.

Since they were asked to do something with KH, that will be the starting point for the game, but they are planning on expanding it to titles other than KH.

As to where it will start at, all he can say is that it starts around the same time.

- The main characters will be Sora and Riku. You will alternate between them as you go through the game. “We’re thinking of making the alternating of the two characters as central to the game.”

- The story this time will be one filled with mystery that you won’t be able to predict. As it’s done at the same time, it will be difficult to imagine this happened during KH. “But don’t be fooled by what you see.”

But that mystery is no mistake, and he is considering whether to explain it then or explore the answer later. There is still time before the information ban is lifted, so he can’t answer it yet.

- He’s thinking about how to use the 3D in the game system, but he can’t give the details on it just yet. But, since with 3D you can make use of depth, you should think about the concept of “down”.

- “I want to do a “KH” you can touch, a “Sora” that falls, a “Riku” that flies. The theme is “trust”.”

There are lots of things you can’t do on your own, so he wants to make it about how you trust in others to help you do those things.

- Other games that he noticed “Of course, Kojima.”

It was quite a lot of encouragement to see all those game titles that Nintendo announced. “When KH was announced for the 3DS and the audience clapped, I felt I had to do my best to make a good game.”

- About making other games in 3D, he says “First I want to finish making KH3D.”

He has a lot of ideas, but he doesn’t know if any of them will be made into games. He has a lot of plans for other games, but first he has to try making one.

“Other companies will come up with interesting ways to use 3D, so once people start building on that, the possibilities will grow.”

- Re:coded is a mix between Days, BbS and the original mobile coded. The main group working on developing it is h.a.n.d (who did Days), but the staff who worked on the mobile version as well as the co-director for BbS will be working on it as well.

There were many people who didn’t like not being able to use in analog stick in Days, so they are working on making the controls easier.

Things like the auto-jump in the mobile version and capturing enemies when you’re attacking with the keyblade as been made easier.

The story and base game is coded, the leveling system is from Days, and the battle system is from BbS.

- There will be wireless content, but it won’t be like Days or BbS adhoc play, but once you’ve connected you will be able to play it by yourself.

They will make use of the knowledge they got off of “The World Ends With You” and will make lots of different ways you can have fun with it.

You will be able to change the difficulty as you’re playing, which they got from that game. The main programmer from that game is on the staff, so they are making use of his knowledge. There will be a “Cheat” option in the menu, and from there you can change the difficulty. There are lots of things they put in that they couldn’t do in the mobile version. Especially with the game system.

- The game system is a completely new thing.

The leveling system, battle system, wireless content and secret movie are all new. Nomura especially wants you to look at the wireless content.

“Even if there isn’t anyone to connect to around you, it’s made so that you don’t have to worry about that and can still have fun with the extras.”

It will have the same trophy system as BbS, so you will be able to play with it for a long time.

Barbecue sauce: 07/29?????????? ??????????KH????????? | ReBirth Wings & FF-Reunion

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Nomura interview??

Well, the summary has been posted a few times already. We just don't have the full interview translated yet ^^

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

could you post the link to the place where you got it from? our translators can take a look at the oirginal japanese

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That's not the interview though, it's only a summary. I wish someone would scan the actual interview ;__;

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
“Even if there isn’t anyone to connect to around you, it’s made so that you don’t have to worry about that and can still have fun with the extras.”

I'm so happy they are taking into consideration that people not in Japan don't always have access to friends or even strangers with the same game!

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
“I want to do a “KH” you can touch, a “Sora” that falls, a “Riku” that flies. The theme is “trust”.”

There are lots of things you can’t do on your own, so he wants to make it about how you trust in others to help you do those things.
At least we have a clearer definition on the whole "trust" theme.

chrisora2066

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
this is at least good news that were getting more info on 3d hopefully they'l have the tecnical demo out soon and give us more news at tgs and jump fiesta

Mog

Awards
It's still to early for theories.We need a trailer

Sempied

> "a “Sora” that falls, a “Riku” that flies. The theme is “trust”.

Think this is a nice clue to a possible theory I have:

Maybe implying Sora might have more of a skeleton in the closet, as per to make Riku have his comuppance from his last games of falling into the darkness in this game?

legendaryriku

> "a “Sora” that falls, a “Riku” that flies. The theme is “trust”.

Think this is a nice clue to a possible theory I have:

Maybe implying Sora might have more of a skeleton in the closet, as per to make Riku have his comuppance from his last games of falling into the darkness in this game?

Actually I was thinking the same thing, basically they switch rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back