• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura interested in making Birth by Sleep Play Arts Kai figures

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Tetsuya Nomura is currently attending San Diego Comic Con 2014, where he's been busy signing autographs with Hideo Kojima. There he was asked a few questions by Siliconera regarding his work on the Play Arts Kai figures.

Among those were about the similarites between Nomura's Batman design and the armours in Birth by Sleep, but according to Nomura, it was actually designed years before Kingdom Hearts was even conceived:

"Actually, to be honest, the project that never got off the ground was done before Kingdom Hearts was conceived. It might be the opposite—the design from that early project influenced Kingdom Hearts and armor design in that series."

So the infamous armours, which are now such an iconic part of the series, didn't even originate from there to begin with.

Finally, asked about which characters designed by him he would want to see figures of, he simply answered that he'd love to have Terra, Aqua and Ventus, the main characters of Birth by Sleep.

If you're interested in learning more about the Play Arts Kai figures from Kingdom Hearts currently on display at San Diego's Comic Con, check out the images here.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on 
FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3!

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Good that he's interested in bringing BbS PAK into existence, because many of us are interested as well! I even personally think that it's overdue... <_<

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If it ever does happen, the prices on those things are going to be astronomical once they sell out in retail. Makes me kinda scared that there would be a feeding frenzy for people who just want to resell them for more money *coughlikethe1.5launcheventpinandpostercough*

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It is weird that VAT figures do not exist. Hadn't noticed that until now.

Well, apparently making the 713th version of a Sora-figure is more important for the guys who actually make those figures.
Aside from TAV, we also do not have a single KH 2-Riku figure, Naminé or anyone of the villains.

It's always only Sora so far with sometimes Roxas between and one single Kairi and Axel figure (which is odd in itself, there's no KH 2-Riku but a less important character like Axel gets one).

---

On Nomura's actual wish to have the BBS crew though I can only get in line with all those who already second that notion.
Give us TAV as figures!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
They seem to usually be pretty picky about what characters make it as PAK. Mind, that BbS is only really popular with a minority of steadfast fans. BbS is one of those "spin offs that aren't numbered, don't have Sora, and kept KH3 from coming out sooner". It's actually pretty invisible to the masses. Mean while, Sora is much more immediately recognizable and his stuff is sure to sell.

With 2.5 on the horizon, perhaps that well help some. Perhaps. When the collections were first announced there were many people that were pissy because 1.5 didn't have KH2. As far as many people are concerned, KH2 is the only game in the new collection worth playing and BbS is just padding. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

limit

King Nomura, pls push for Aqua PAKs... Eraqus isn't too important relatively speaking and Xehanort is evil, so she's the only other keyblade master alongside Riku.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
If it ever does happen, the prices on those things are going to be astronomical once they sell out in retail. Makes me kinda scared that there would be a feeding frenzy for people who just want to resell them for more money *coughlikethe1.5launcheventpinandpostercough*

Sadly, in a very materialistic world, this happens all the time. Luckily, Kingdom Hearts is NOT prone to be very collectible so I find most Kingdom Hearts merchandise doesn't skyrocket in price (keyword is "most") but I agree with you that after TAV figures come out, they would be VERY hard to preorder and would sell quite high.

At least Aqua no doubt would only because Play Arts Kai figures always seem to do females more justice than males. Guys tend to be beefier (Sora is an exception because he's slender) and their joints tend to not go well with their body types as opposed to the curves of female figures.

Well, apparently making the 713th version of a Sora-figure is more important for the guys who actually make those figures.
Aside from TAV, we also do not have a single KH 2-Riku figure, Naminé or anyone of the villains.

It's even sadder when you think that TAV have not even had Formation or Static Arts figures made of them. KH2 Riku, KH1 Kairi, and Namine all have incredibly beautiful Formation Arts figures for them, with KH2 Riku even have the ridiculously large Static arts figure which is more than enough KH2 Riku for the average fan lol

I would love PAK more than Formation Arts, but I'd take a BbS Formation Arts set anyday with Aqua, Terra, Ven, Vanitas, and MX (maybe Eraqus).

It's really sad when you think about it because the only 3D tangible TAV model merchandise we have so far are the Mascot Avatar Straps...that is it!

Just curious, do we have one for Moogle yet? xD

No...no we do not -__- and I am not pleased with this either...

I WOULD BUY ALL THREE. I'd buy Vanitas too! And Xehanort. ;~;

Me too! Heck, I'd buy 2 and then just do a giveaway somewhere for the second set just so SE thinks that TAV merchandise is more profitable!!!!
P.S. I would totally keep the second Aqua and just make both Aquas fight each other lol

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Just think of all the points of articulation on Xehanort's fingers. :O

This is the kind of BBS merch I can appreciate. I don't want a rubber character portrait...

BlueKey777

Banned
I've got a bunch of play arts kai so I need BBS figures to add to my collection :)

davidXIIIaxel

oh my god PLEASE DO!!!!! i couldnt ask for nothing more but some awesome play arts kai of the team. i know it'll look great! :wink:

I've got a bunch of play arts kai so I need BBS figures to add to my collection :)
same here bluekey777. i want to have vanitas and xehanort. also ventus. aqua and terra i would like as well. lol i just named the characters. do you guys think they'll make master Eraquas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back