• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura: I do feel a little sad when I think some characters will probably never appear ever again

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
sadness.gif
i'M SCARED
sadness.gif

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Trialing this thought here. If it balloons into a more fully formed idea, I'll make a thread, but it's relevant.

Am I alone in wishing this series would end with 3? The desire comes from the series overstaying it's welcome in a lot of ways, and two decades of bizarre choices.. I think 3 looks excellent in all the ways it needs to, and I'd love to end the franchise on a high note.

It definitely comes from an immature inability to distance myself from the series... If it continues, I'll probably keep up with it, even though I'd prefer if it didn't.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
well kingdom kingdom will be my final kh game ill buy ill still follw the series wherever it goes but kh3 is ending a chapter in my life

MelodicEnigma

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Trialing this thought here. If it balloons into a more fully formed idea, I'll make a thread, but it's relevant.

Am I alone in wishing this series would end with 3? The desire comes from the series overstaying it's welcome in a lot of ways, and two decades of bizarre choices.. I think 3 looks excellent in all the ways it needs to, and I'd love to end the franchise on a high note.

It definitely comes from an immature inability to distance myself from the series... If it continues, I'll probably keep up with it, even though I'd prefer if it didn't.

If KH3 resolved all the things within Union Cross, then I'd be fine if the series, not just the saga, ended here as well. Though, Nomura has talked about other stories being told after this, so I'm still curious in what that direction is.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

If KH3 sells well, then I doubt Disney would pull the plug just yet. Not when they have a potential new fanbase. Though I get how you feel. Sometimes I wonder if I will stick with the series after KH3.

robotman

I don't want to sound rude or brash but honestly, these interviews are becoming boring, it's just the same stuff repeated again and again. We already know that some characters aren't going to appear again because it's the finale and closure of this particular story arc, this isn't anything new, it's not like we revealed a character. I just wish that they'd reveal all the Disney worlds and I'll be happy, dragging it out like this is so annoying and giving all these interviews that literally have the same information in it is pointless.

I know a lot of you will come at me for this comment but oh well!

Zul

Awards

I would prefer that KH3 wrap up every plot-line and end the series, but they're not going to do that. That leaves me with two possibilities, either KH3 adequately wraps up this arc and I leave the series happy, or it ties too much of itself into the next arc and I leave it grumpy. Either way, KH3 is the end of the road for me.

Shogo-Kun

Awards

I personally wouldn't mind either way if KINGDOM HEARTS III acts as the finale to the series as a whole, but since Nomura long since stated that this is just the end of the Xehanort Saga and he has more stories he wants to tell, then I'd say keep on going until your satisfied Nomura. Just don't expect me to tag along after the big numero trés (that's how the phrase goes, right?). I personally can't keep up with this series anymore and there's only so much of an abusive relationship that I can handle. Yes, I do consider being invested in KINGDOM HEARTS as being a part of an abusive relationship. Thank you for noticing.

Though in all seriousness, I really wouldn't mind if the story ends here for me. I've got the entire saga on PS4, so I'll be good until my next JRPG fetish. Though going back on what Launchpad said about shoehorning in a character creator for KHIII, and the possibility of the protagonist of KINGDOM HEARTS Union x[cross] being the second playable character that could throw a wrench into Xehanort's plans, it kinda makes me wish I jumped onto Union x[cross] much sooner so I could import my character, but alas I don't have a phone that can handle a game like Union x[cross]. Though if they do add in a character creator, I hope they have a weight option. Seriously, it's always been my dream to play as a chubby Keyblade weilder!

Okay, I'm done. I'm rambling now...

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm going to stick with the series, just because I'm a big fan of Kingdom Hearts, Square-Enix, Final Fantasy and Disney, so there's not really anything negative for me in this respect. Not to mention one game isn't ever stopping me from purchasing or playing others lol I just finished Lego The Incredibles after all.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I’m sticking with the series, but I’m not sure how involved I will be. Having KH3 and its news take up a lot of my time over the last five years has really drained me so I don’t know if I can go through that again.

lol I just finished Lego The Incredibles after all.
So much better than Lego Marvel 2. If you want, there’s a Lego games thread in Video Games.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m sticking with the series, but I’m not sure how involved I will be. Having KH3 and its news take up a lot of my time over the last five years has really drained me so I don’t know if I can go through that again.

So much better than Lego Marvel 2. If you want, there’s a Lego games thread in Video Games.

I'M HEADED THERE NOW! >:D

Pokie

Goodbye Kairi. Not kidding around here. She's been basically pushed into the background from day 1.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'll admit it, I actually cried reading this interview. I don't know that it was necessarily the words themselves or just the wash of feelings this past 15 years has accumulated. So, it's easy to get emotional when Nomura is as vague as he is, because he could mean any number of things and my tendency is to think of the worst possible outcome. I naturally assumed given his almost ambivalent candor that he was largely talking about the villains, and feeling a sadness letting the characters he now relates to go. But we really have no clue what it means. It could just mean we are moving the characters with happy endings out of the conflict, out of the picture, or it could also mean we solidify the permanence of death. Either way, it's so ambiguous to purposefully generate conversation.

@Launchpad; I can roll with the development's crazy. Only on a personal level has there been some small temptation to let the series go after III. It's felt like a roller coaster relationship that started when I was such a different person, which under that umbrella of a timespan a looot of memories have been tethered to the game, not all of them pleasant. I can only imagine the emotional wreck I'll be playing KHIII, and knowing that KH will continue afterwards, continue to be Sora's story makes me think it might just be healthier to wait until the next saga is complete when we're all 15 years older. :tongue:

Gambler

I definitely think that this will be the end of the road for me when it comes to the series. I feel this way for Pokemon and, yet, I find myself saying: "maybe one more generation?" before I realize it.

I'm curious to see what happens, that's for certain.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
even if some of the characthers arcs end i hope the va stick around the series to do other other roles it would be shame if ben diskin or va like rich epcar are goon for good in kh series

Michael Mario

I'm pretty sure Nomura's statement doesn't merely imply character deaths; just ones that won't have reason to be involved in future adventures. Roxas, Xion, and Lea come to mind as characters who'll probably be put on the bus since at least the former two just wanted normal lives without the Keyblade- Namine, too. Radiant Garden I can say goodbye to as long as everyone's arcs are wrapped up and we get closure to the Cloud and Sephiroth plotline, Zack's fate, and meet Rinoa.

As for whether I'd like to see Kingdom Hearts end with III... I can't really say without knowing what Nomura's thinking for future stories; Kairi having more of a role in the future now that she'll be a proper Keyblade wielder would be much appreciated going forward, though. Doesn't seem horribly likely at this point, but I wouldn't mind seeing new Final Fantasy characters beyond VII, VIII, and X (Setzer and Vivi being the only exceptions so far). In the past, Nomura was hesitant to go outside of his comfort zone of adding characters he didn't design, but then Dissidia happened.

Enturax

Awards
I think most Org members won't reappear except for Ienzo and maybe some others who can potentially help in research for Sora about his new enemies. Terra, Ven and Aqua will appear EVENTUALLY but not anytime soon. Lea will be there and I think they will make Kairi be more involved in the next story, something more on Riku level (unless they'll ignore her in KH3 so much I'll have no idea anymore). They may make Larxene survive and work for new villain.
Roxas may come back to TT with Namine. Lea may be there with them but he'll probably have his eyes opened on the new threat to help Sora in the final chapter. He may bring Roxas with him. Hell, even Namine may be there with her Keyblade...

~That's what writing cliches tell me.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
My gut feeling tells me that Ienzo and Aeleaus are sticking around. They have a Donald and Goofy sort of partnership going for them that can definitely be explored further.

Maybe as DLC, we could get a chapter dedicated to Lea, Ienzo and Aeleaus doing something. We see in Dream Drop Distance that the former members of Organization XIII still retain their weapons and powers.

shady543

Awards
Here's hoping KH3 won't end up like the SMT/Persona series and have tiny decisions you make at random parts of the game have huge consequences for the ending. :^)

lol it could be far worse; it could pull a nier ending where you don't unlock the final true ending until getting all the keyblades or something, and then at the end of the true ending be like 'you don't want to kill *insert a major/well-liked character here* and instead want them to live happy? ok cool give up your entire save file'. :'D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back