• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura expands on Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3, Einhänder staff working on Gummi Ship, and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Hokanko-alt has published a lengthy recap of information that will be available in a brand new interview about Kingdom Hearts III with Tetsuya Nomura. The full interview will be in Dengeki PlayStation Vol. 266, available on July 12, 2018.

Goldpanner has translated the information from the blog post.

Interview w/ Director Tetsuya Nomura

• He thought of including Frozen from quite an early stage
  • It follows the chronology of the movie, with the plot of Sora & friends progressing behind the scenes of the story of Anna and Elsa
  • In the Frozen world there's an ice skate style Keyblade transformation
  • Elsa & the others don't fight, but Marshmallow lends a hand
  • They wanted to put even more into the graphics of the PotC world
  • He's wanted to do a pirate form Sora for a long time now
  • It started because he wanted to include one live action Disney work
  • Plotwise it takes main beats from the 3rd movie, but they've written the scenario so you'll understand how it's following on from the 2nd movie
  • There's elements on land, sea and air, and quite a lot of gameplay features. Keyblade can transform into a spear & flag
  • He thinks he will be able to show footage of the Big Hero Six world next time
  • Wreck-it Ralph was revealed as one of the Link Commands the other day, and Ratatouille is a mini game
  • The reason he picked Hercules & Toy Story for the press etc. demo was because those are closest in quality to the commercial version
  • He will keep working on things he got feedback on from the demos eg. camera rotation, right to the end
  • Everything for this game has to be created right from scratch which has been pretty tough
  • The difficulty level in the demo ver. was a little easier than Standard Mode but a bit harder than Beginner Mode
  • Character levelling up etc. will follow the same format as KH/KHII
  • The Gummi Ship is being developed with the director and staff of Einhänder, Nomura loved that game so he is really looking forward to it being finished
  • There's a 'battle specialization mode' and 'free movement mode', they're calling it an open world Gummi Ship
  • There will be a follow up report on Gummi Ship customization
  • The order in which you visit worlds is mostly fixed
  • In this game there are no skippable worlds, since most people visit all of them
  • At this point there aren't any online components, but he wants to add them
  • The kind of demo they released before is different from a proper playable demo, which they do not have the time to make
  • He wants to release more info about the New Organization XIII a little at a time as the release date comes closer
  • Aqua is from after a certain incident
  • He thinks if you play both Union Cross and KH3 you will understand the deal with Marluxia
  • One of the main themes of KH3 is "a conclusion for everybody," which means the number of characters appearing is huge
  • Hikaru Utada created the new song for them at a very early stage
  • After sending her an explanation of the series and of the content, they left the song up to her
  • They started work on the bundle edition PS4Pro quite early, he had them remake it many times until they got his ideal color
  • They are especially manufactured with a leathery finish
  • The controller(s?) has a glossy finish with a design on the touchpad, this is a never-before-seen type
  • He wants you to play the previous titles and UX until release date
  • They're realizing that there's a chance they will run out of disc space, so he'd like you to set up your net connection and wait for the currently-being-planned online components
  • Regarding FF7 Remake: he knows some misinformation caused people to worry, but development is actually coming along very well
  • They're keeping info on the downlow because they are prioritizing the release of KH3 and other titles from the company
  • They're focusing on the next time they can release info, so please wait a little longer

This article has been updated to reflect more current and relevant information. Originally titled 'Nomura Wants Online for Kingdom Hearts III, When More FFVIIR News Will Be Coming'

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Nomura Wants Online for Kingdom Hearts III, When More FFVIIR News Will Be Coming

Just remember to take all of this with a grain of salt for now! Apparently it came from Dengeki, and if true then we should get some expanded information on these bullet points so if something seems grim, e.g. FFVIIR, then wait until we get the full info before being completely upset!

SuperstarSaga08

Awards
Re: Nomura Wants Online for Kingdom Hearts III, When More FFVIIR News Will Be Coming

Online Mode for KH3? Here's my idea, what if you could make your own keyblade wielder, similar to making your own Character in FF XV Comrades, and do special missions with your friends and random people. maybe a 4-8 person party.
Edit: What if a Final Fantasy character (Maybe Barret since he led Avalanche in FF VII) was maybe a leader of a group of Keyblade Wielders, and your OC Wielder, and others were part of it, and you would be assigned Missions that you could tackle with friends or alone. You would have to go to certain Disney Worlds and eliminate a certain amount of Heartless.

Last edited:

1_Mendoza

I would love a multiplayer for KH3, but at this point either Nomura has been playing dumb and is keeping multiplayer under tight wraps or no multiplayer has been developed and he’s refering to leaderboards, time trials etc... not holding my breath though

Megavoltage

Awards

Mirage Arena multiplayer! I want it!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Taking this with a grain of salt, with how much of a complete KH3 is looking to be, it looks like Nomura may constantly update with some time due to features he wants in the game, so it's a reverse FFXV: a complete game getting updated, hahahaha. Well worth the $59.99 and taxes!

Also, this should pretty much outright confirm that this game is never coming to the Nintendo Switch. KH3 reachin the limits of the physical media storage should be hint enough.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I’m hoping they base it around Kingdom Hearts 3’s datascape. It would allow everything to stay in universe as any kind of online/multiplayer stuff could be described as data simulations. They could then do pretty much anything with the feature. It would also tie Coded into the game a bit more.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I’m hoping they base it around Kingdom Hearts 3’s datascape. It would allow everything to stay in universe as any kind of online/multiplayer stuff could be described as data simulations. They could then do pretty much anything with the feature. It would also tie Coded into the game a bit more.

This makes sense. But please, Nomura, don't try to make the online canon...

Awards

Taking this with a grain of salt, with how much of a complete KH3 is looking to be, it looks like Nomura may constantly update with some time due to features he wants in the game, so it's a reverse FFXV: a complete game getting updated, hahahaha. Well worth the $59.99 and taxes!

Also, this should pretty much outright confirm that this game is never coming to the Nintendo Switch. KH3 reachin the limits of the physical media storage should be hint enough.

Yeah, as long as KH3's story is long and great or decent, and is fun and nice to play, I'll be fine, especially since KH3 is said to be getting big, Nomura is concerned of disk space. All in all, as long as the story is longer than FFXV's story, which I also liked but had flaws in it, which had 27 hours, I hope KH3 is longer than that, like 40 to 50 hours or somewhere close or near that.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Goldpanner translated one of the blogger's comments and now it's a worry of mine:

"Does he mean they're going to turn stuff they couldn't fit on the disc into online content? It's a little scary that the release date is already only half a year away and he's still 'currently considering' things lol"

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I think that them speculate what they might do with online

SuperstarSaga08

Awards

Still hoping for a PC Port, Can you imagine how good the game would run on a high end PC, also some details could be improved. Maybe they could fit it onto a Nintendo Switch Cartridge if they did some miracles, or it could be Download only (Which would Suck, but I believe that's what there doing for the Resident Evil 7 Port.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

So there’s another one here that mentions Big Hero 6 being shown in the next trailer. The demo difficulty was between beginner and standard. They’re going to adjust the camera based on feedback from the demo. That’s just what I could make sense of from the machine translation.

■■速報@保管庫(Alt)■■ : DPS665: PS4「キングダムハーツIII」野村Dインタビュー、グミシップパートはアインハンダースタッフ、FFVIIRの情報公開は自社タイトルリリース待ち等々

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

I'd love cooperative scenarios... I think co op in the main game is an unreasonable request with today's console limitations, but simpler missions with fixed areas and enemies would be fun.

Dibs on Donald.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Yes. We are translating it right now, please have patience :)

But it seems like what Nomura was actually talking about might be having some content cut from the game and available via download on day 1.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Okay, translations are done. Big thanks to Goldpanner!!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Nomura expands on Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3, Einh�nder staff working on Gummi Ship, and more

They're realizing that there's a chance they will run out of disc space, so he'd like you to set up your net connection and wait for the currently-being-planned online components
please nomura dont do it that that way most everybody can't afford online stuff

in this game there are no skippable worlds, since most people visit all of them
i hope we could go back to destiny isnald even i some area are unplayable

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Nomura expands on Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3, Einh�nder staff working on Gummi Ship, and more

please nomura dont do it that that way mot eveobody could afford online stuff

i hope we could go back to destiny isnald even i some are are umplayable

I may be wrong, but I think the intention is that the online features (separate from the main game) won’t fit on the disc, so they’re releasing it separately post-launch as DLC. To me, that isn’t the end of the world as the main game should still be it’s own complete product like any other KH game without online features.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Aqua froma certain incident, which one

A. falling into the Realm of Darkness and giving up her keyblade and armor

B. something happen between sealing door to darkness and Blank Points

C. the fight with Young Master Xehanort

or D. post Blank Points

kingsoraful

Awards
Yup it's as we predicted BH6 is going to have gameplay footage in the next trailer likely at TGS and will be revealed alongside a new world. One of the final 3 remaining Disney Worlds not including 100 as I don't think that world will get a exclusive trailer as it's mini games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back