• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura expands on Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3, Einhänder staff working on Gummi Ship, and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I do hope we get to see Larxene's nobody breed in Arendelle. Though ninja themed nobodies may feel a bit out of place in a Norway setting, lol.

SuperstarSaga08

Awards
I do hope we get to see Larxene's nobody breed in Arendelle. Though ninja themed nobodies may feel a bit out of place in a Norway setting, lol.
If I'm being completely honest, Ninja themed Nobodies would best be suited for the BH6 world, but I can see why they chose Larxene for Arendelle, due to her cold demeanor,

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Re: Nomura expands on Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3, Einh�nder staff working on Gummi Ship, and more

The Gummi Ship is being developed with the director and staff of Einhänder, Nomura loved that game so he is really looking forward to it being finished.

220px-Einhander.JPG

This is sooooooooooo cool!

In this game there are no skippable worlds, since most people visit all of them.
That makes sense. I feel like every world they create should be mandatory. No more KH2 Atlantica gimmicks please.

He wants to release more info about the New Organization XIII a little at a time as the release date comes closer.

Yes please!!! Drop something juicy, but doesn't ruin any story elements.

Hikaru Utada created the new song for them at a very early stage.
This surprised me.

They started work on the bundle edition PS4Pro quite early, he had them remake it many times until they got his ideal color.
Another surprise. Honestly, the color is fine, but the print is crap. The detail is just too fine that it doesn't look good in my opinion.

The controller(s?) has a glossy finish with a design on the touchpad, this is a never-before-seen type
The gloss is definitely new. It looks prone to lots of fingerprints though lol.

They're realizing that there's a chance they will run out of disc space, so he'd like you to set up your net connection and wait for the currently-being-planned online components.

I wonder if it will be treated like Comrades for FFXV. Dude, what if it covered the keyblade war?!?! How insane would that be?!

Regarding FF7 Remake: he knows some misinformation caused people to worry, but development is actually coming along very well.
They're keeping info on the downlow because they are prioritizing the release of KH3 and other titles from the company.

Makes sense. Good to hear the development stages are going well. I expect to see FFVII: Remake by March at the latest.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Re: Nomura expands on Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3, Einh�nder staff working on Gummi Ship, and more

I think the matter is that Anna and Kristoff are absolutely not combat companions.
And Ariel and Jack Skellington were? That’s a hollow argument. This is a video game. The characters can perform spells and original attacks. Anna and Kristoff aren’t exactly shrinking damsels like Snow White.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

Anna and Kristoff aren’t exactly shrinking damsels like Snow White.

I agree, that Anna and Kristoff aren't "damsels in distress" and have been known to use some form of combat seen in the film, especially the former as Anna only did the following:

1. Using Kristoff's Lute to hit one of the Wolves
  2. Throwing a snowball at Marshmallow
  3. Punching Hans
Plus, she seems to be the most feisty and energetic compared to her sister Elsa. However, she doesn't have the abilities (offense, melee) when battling against a group of Heartless or even the most powerful Heartless compared to the likes of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider from the Kingdom of Corona or Woody and Buzz Lightyear from Toy Box, the same thing could be said about Kristoff as well (even though he's got Sven backing him up).

Elsa, while yes she does user her powers for combat and to defend herself against enemies just like when she saved Sora, Donald & Goofy from the Reindeer Heartless in the trailer and when fighting off the Duke of Wesselton's guards from the film, she's afraid on not wanting her powers to overdevelop and harming anyone, because as shown in the film, a lot of her ice powers were based on her emotions. When she's happy, her powers are under control, but when she's upset, scared or under stress her powers will go out of control and will cause harm to others as shown when she was running away from the Party after her powers were shown, and when she inadvertently strikes Anna in her heart

It probably won't be until the next game in the saga where Elsa will officially become a party member and join Sora's party as it was shown in the climax that she's able to fully control her powers and was able to lift the curse to bring back summer after realizing that the warm emotion of love is the key to doing so, also she seems to better control her powers as seen in the shorts.

Again I'm disappointed that Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff aren't party members, but obviously, it has to do with following the plot of the movie.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

And Ariel and Jack Skellington were? That’s a hollow argument. This is a video game. The characters can perform spells and original attacks. Anna and Kristoff aren’t exactly shrieking damsels like Snow White.

I think it's more of the narrative structure of Arendelle as opposed to combat viability. Honestly, I think Sora, Donald and Goofy's adventures are going to run parallel to the Frozen plot. Because of that, they're not going to follow Anna and Kristoff like we initially assumed.

So this makes the Frozen visit is a mixture of original plot mixed with the movie plot. Hopefully we get a Hans battle. He definitely seems to be combat ready at the least.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

I think it's more of the narrative structure of Arendelle as opposed to combat viability. Honestly, I think Sora, Donald and Goofy's adventures are going to run parallel to the Frozen plot. Because of that, they're not going to follow Anna and Kristoff like we initially assumed.
I agree it's following the plot of the film, but through the eyes of Elsa which is where the original plot of the world is going to be about. In fact from the Frozen and the Pirates E3 trailers from what we've seen so far it's going to start with the following:

• Sora's Party arrive in Arrendelle and fight Heartless in the snow which is exactly the first scene from the Frozen Trailer
  • Sora sees the Fjord turning to Ice and sees Elsa running away immediately after her powers were revealed.
  • Sora's party then follow Elsa and meet with her and have a short conversation which is the scene where she saved them from the Reindeer Heartless.
  • After the conversation, Elsa tells Sora that "Arendelle is safer with me staying up here" and blocks Sora's part off telling them to go away as she doesn't want to harm them as well.
  • Sora feeling that Elsa is struggling with her balance of Light and Darkness decides to continue to trek her with Donald and Goofy following as well.
  • They then meet Anna, Kristoff, Sven, and Olaf at the place where Anna meet Olaf in the film:
Imagenes+Frozen+2.jpg

That is the scene shown in the E3 Frozen trailer. They mingle for a bit and Anna explains that she is also looking for her Sister to bring back Summer and Sora brings up Elsa and know where she is going then Heartless show up resulting in Anna and the rest fleeing while Sora's party deals with them (unless if this takes place before they meet Anna, who's to say.):

I'm on the fence where the Larxene scenes are taking place in the Frozen world but I'm assuming it's either:
  • During Dawn when Elsa builds her Castle
  • Or the evening before or after Sora's party battle Marshmallow
But I'd say it's the evening as the red sky indicates this and it matches the point in the film where Elsa is reflecting her fears and the Castle turns sinister:
art-frozen-disney-600x251.jpg

Then presumably, after they tried to go after her but she creates this Ice Labyrinth which allows you to use the Goofy Curling (Unless if this is used early in the world before this happens) which allows them to travel into the different Ice terrains.

As for this scene when Sora's Party are being chased by the Three Ice Dragon heartless:
latest

I think it's either during the Ice Labyrinth maze or during the climax of the world where Elsa unleashes her whiteout from the film, but that's just me.
File:Kingdom_Hearts_III_178.jpg

That's my idea on how the story of the world will be like so far, but I think we may see the next set of trailers and when the game officially comes out to know the order of the scenes that are taking place.

Hopefully, we get a Hans battle. He definitely seems to be combat ready at the least.
I'm hoping the same thing as well, just as long as Nomura doesn't pull a CLU on Hans just like he almost did it with Davy Jones for the Pirates world up until Nomura's interview where Jones was confirmed as a Boss,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back