• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura expands on Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3, Einhänder staff working on Gummi Ship, and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, from what we've seen so far, all of the Disney worlds shown off have been dictated by Disney in some capacity. Tangled and Big Hero 6 had a promotional video by Roy Conli, Toy Story was shown off for D23 2017 because the theme for the Level Up conference was Marvel (Spider-Man PS4), Star Wars (Star Wars Battlefront II) and Pixar (Kingdom Hearts III - Toy Story).

Sure, it's not in the post, but from the way that other worlds have been revealed, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Disney's being specific as to which worlds should be revealed when. I'm fully aware that Big Hero 6 was the last property chosen, but even as the last property chosen, it was Disney themselves that requested Square Enix to announce Big Hero 6 early (to promote the movie).

Ok gotcha. Just making sure I wasn’t missing something. Based on this, he and Disney are probably on the same page that it can be shown next. Maybe they’ll have another big new world reveal that they’re saving for last. There’s also the possibility that it will be the last world shown at TGS and we won’t have any more Disney world reveals after that. They were probably planning for that to be the last venue for that kind of thing prior to the delay, so they might be sticking to that plan and just adding a big montage trailer for Jump Festa.

ImVentus

Awards
Re: Nomura expands on Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3, Einh�nder staff working on Gummi Ship, and more

Anyone else wants to know why Elsa hasn't been considered a boss or even party member from the team? So other than having Marshmallow showing up, there won't be any party member to aid? That's a bummer.

Sorry Nomura, but Union X is dead for me at this point. Unless you make something widely interesting, I'm not gonna spend my time waiting for another story update with only some small hints. At least you confirmed Lauriam (which everyone already could tell)

Probably for TGS with San Fransokyo.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
big hero 6 might be at tgs with the final wold reveal but i odnt thiere going to wait for spertember to show stuff there other stuff they lik to show not just worlds

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Nomura expands on Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3, Einh�nder staff working on Gummi Ship, and more

Anyone else wants to know why Elsa hasn't been considered a boss or even party member from the team? So other than having Marshmallow showing up, there won't be any party member to aid? That's a bummer.

They're following the plot of the film, so it makes no sense for either of those things to happen with Elsa.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't think Nomura ruled out the possibility of an Elsa boss just yet. In the film Elsa fights some guards and nearly kills them in a fit of rage. You could just swap those guards with SDG and have Elsa temporarily succumb to darkness.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
From the trailers it looked more like the story of the film playing out and SDG following along without too much interference to how the plot unfolds. Even Larxene's commentary on Elsa's state of being is done away from Elsa so I doubt we'll see her succumb to darkness and become a boss but fight Larxene and her negativity surrounding Elsa's fate

Leaferian

Awards
I figured there'd have to be some kind of Day 1 patch. I was hoping they'd patch in the cut scenes as that would save a lot of space, but then it sounds like the on-disc, unpatched game would have ridiculous loading times.

robotman

I don't want them to show off Big Hero 6 next, we already know that it's world and what to expect, I'm sure that it'll look nice but I'd much rather them show off an unannounced Disney World instead, hopefully my heed my plea, lol!

kingsoraful

Awards
I don't want them to show off Big Hero 6 next, we already know that it's world and what to expect, I'm sure that it'll look nice but I'd much rather them show off an unannounced Disney World instead, hopefully my heed my plea, lol!

They'relikely gonna do both and FF characters as well.

Oathkeeper

Website
s6.invisionfree.com

Einhander yeah!!!

...and that's probably the closest we'll get to a remake of that game XD Oo...some einhander-inspired gummi bosses would be awesome, as a nod off to that awesome game...

...selene secret model??

oki, I'm getting ahead of myself...

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Yes, it is. They could've at least made Anna/Kristoff party members.

I wonder if the reason might be that Disney is overly protective of Frozen franchise right now because it's the crown jewel of their films from the past decade? I remember Disney was very controlling in how Frozen was used on Once Upon a Time several years ago, too, unlike with other properties that show ever used. Maybe they'll loosen the reins in future KH titles, after the Frozen property is older.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
No Elsa boss would be a bit of a missed opportunity. She's got ice powers that have almost no limitations. It'd be a fun fight.

I understand the issue, though. She's a dainty princess, powers or not. Whacking Elsa around with the Keyblade as she cries out in pain is not a look that Disney is interested in.

robotman

No Elsa boss would be a bit of a missed opportunity. She's got ice powers that have almost no limitations. It'd be a fun fight.

I understand the issue, though. She's a dainty princess, powers or not. Whacking Elsa around with the Keyblade as she cries out in pain is not a look that Disney is interested in.

Hm... I get what you're saying but in the trailer they had her kill a heartless in front of you. I wouldn't mind not having her as a boss, maybe SDG will walk in right after her outburst and they'll see Hans taking her away or maybe they'll come in at the bit after she blasts Anna with ice, either way I just think it's beyond bizarre to have her kill a heartless in the trailer and then not have her as a party member. I mean we have Ariel, I don't see the problem with having Elsa as a party member, seems like a strange choice.

Awards
One thing I took from this is we'll actually get khux plot soon instead of Disney filler stories, yay! Maybe when Agrabah finishes we'll actually find out stuff about Brian (I refuse to call him Brain) and Lauriam.

Additionally, it would be so awesome if the dlc for kh3 is optional WORLDS. Like, including the worlds they had to cut due to running out of space. That'd be amazing.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
One thing I took from this is we'll actually get khux plot soon instead of Disney filler stories, yay! Maybe when Agrabah finishes we'll actually find out stuff about Brian (I refuse to call him Brain) and Lauriam.

Additionally, it would be so awesome if the dlc for kh3 is optional WORLDS. Like, including the worlds they had to cut due to running out of space. That'd be amazing.
Actually, once Agrabah is done we have months of Enchanted Dominion to go through. Then KH3 will be out.

But at least Japan should be getting new plot details in UX soon.

Nukara

Awards

Yes, it is. They could've at least made Anna/Kristoff party members.

I wonder if the reason might be that Disney is overly protective of Frozen franchise right now because it's the crown jewel of their films from the past decade? I remember Disney was very controlling in how Frozen was used on Once Upon a Time several years ago, too, unlike with other properties that show ever used. Maybe they'll loosen the reins in future KH titles, after the Frozen property is older.

I think the matter is that Anna and Kristoff are absolutely not combat companions.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Anyone else feel like BH6 will be the longest World.

Its a last stage world so i could see some big plot events happening in that world.

I think the matter is that Anna and Kristoff are absolutely not combat companions.

I mean neither is Mike Wazzoski yet he gets to be a party member. Plus Kristoff is a big guy who could wield pick axes.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Hopefully. If i know what you're talking about.

With the worlds being fixed just makes it all the more interesting what kind of big plot points will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back