• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura expands on Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3, Einhänder staff working on Gummi Ship, and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Handing off the Gummi Ship to an external director is likely for the best. There's a lot of potential here, especially if you love Star Fox 64 like me.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm excited for finally getting a solid look at BH6. I'm curious how Nomura intergrated gameplay and NPCS in a huge futuristic city.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Yup it's as we predicted BH6 is going to have gameplay footage in the next trailer likely at TGS and will be revealed alongside a new world. One of the final 3 remaining Disney Worlds not including 100 as I don't think that world will get a exclusive trailer as it's mini games.
i dont they will have to spetpember to show it though ik now it not far off but i do think we getting something sooner then expeted

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Yup it's as we predicted BH6 is going to have gameplay footage in the next trailer likely at TGS and will be revealed alongside a new world. One of the final 3 remaining Disney Worlds not including 100 as I don't think that world will get a exclusive trailer as it's mini games.

Considering that it says there are no skippable worlds, 100 Acre Wood might not be solely minigames anymore.

Also, I’m mostly happy that nothing can be skipped. It means that each world can have more bearing on the course of the plot rather than feeling inconsequential. When they say world order is fixed, I wonder if they mean they’ve determined the world order or if they are saying it is a mostly linear order rather than having options?

kingsoraful

Awards
Considering that it says there are no skippable worlds, 100 Acre Wood might not be solely minigames anymore.

Also, I’m mostly happy that nothing can be skipped. It means that each world can have more bearing on the course of the plot rather than feeling inconsequential. When they say world order is fixed, I wonder if they mean they’ve determined the world order or if they are saying it is a mostly linear order rather than having options?

I just don't see 100 Acre Wood all of a sudden being a actual world that's not placed in a book. It's always been that way, the heartless don't roam around it's just something you do. Also I didn't realize you could skip 100 Acre Wood, I always did them as the pages were revealed and in KH2 finding the pages was a lot easier then in KH1.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I just don't see 100 Acre Wood all of a sudden being a actual world that's not placed in a book. It's always been that way, the heartless don't roam around it's just something you do. Also I didn't realize you could skip 100 Acre Wood, I always did them as the pages were revealed and in KH2 finding the pages was a lot easier then in KH1.

It could still take place in the book; it just wouldn’t be a side thing. I don’t think any Heartless would appear as there are restrictions on violence in Winnie the Pooh. But it could be more about exploration, solving puzzles, and stuff like that. Rather than having the pop ups to enter rooms, it would just be an open world.

But there’s also the possibility that it is the same as always and Nomura just isn’t counting it as a world.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
"The order in which you visit worlds is mostly fixed."

This is something I've wanted for quite a while.

KH games have made themselves slightly more interesting to replay when you can pick from 2 or 3 worlds, depending on your preference for challenge, but these 'world rings' have a huge caveat that isn't worth it.

When Kingdom Hearts presents you with multiple worlds to choose at one time, you can bet your bottom dollar that absolutely nothing important is going to happen in them. The sequence of events just can't be complicated if you can go in any order. This is why Sora acts surprised TWO DIFFERENT TIMES to see Xemnas in DDD.

With a more fixed order of worlds, we can have the status quo change from level to level. This results in less filler, hopefully.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
When Kingdom Hearts presents you with multiple worlds to choose at one time, you can bet your bottom dollar that absolutely nothing important is going to happen in them. The sequence of events just can't be complicated if you can go in any order. This is why Sora acts surprised TWO DIFFERENT TIMES to see Xemnas in DDD.

Oh man, that always annoyed me with the Xemnas thing. And yes, this explains why so much of KH2's Disney content felt like filler, because they couldn't put any major story beats into worlds when you're allowed the freedom to choose where to go.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: Nomura expands on Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3, Einh�nder staff working on Gummi Ship, and more

• It follows the chronology of the movie, with the plot of Sora & friends progressing behind the scenes of the story of Anna and Elsa
Seeing this, I worry. It feels like there's two storylines: the movie, and Soar, Donal, and Gooby stopping Larxene, who will never actually try to influence the situation and will just observe Elsa from the shadows, and that Frozen will just be clips from the movie and won't have any real integration with the main plot.

• He thinks he will be able to show footage of the Big Hero Six world next time
Sweet! Please let there be a scene with Fred instantly realizing SDG are from another world and totally fanboying over it.

• Aqua is from after a certain incident
Which one? Or is he implying something new? The vagueness is vague.

• He thinks if you play both Union Cross and KH3 you will understand the deal with Marluxia
With how little UX has given us about Lauriam, I prefer to think otherwise. XD

Alja

Re: Nomura expands on Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3, Einh�nder staff working on Gummi Ship, and more

Seeing this, I worry. It feels like there's two storylines: the movie, and Soar, Donal, and Gooby stopping Larxene, who will never actually try to influence the situation and will just observe Elsa from the shadows, and that Frozen will just be clips from the movie and won't have any real integration with the main plot.
Yeah let's hope they learned from the past to integrate the characters better into the story :/ I mean it did work out in KH1...

Which one? Or is he implying something new? The vagueness is vague.
Thank God, I don't need him dropping plot points 6 months in advance xD

With how little UX has given us about Lauriam, I prefer to think otherwise. XD
What I wonder: UX is supposed to continue after KH3 releases. So do we have to stick around after to find out about him or what...? It's not like we can genuinely expect a lot seeing how the last update was 9 months ago in JP... Not even gonna talk about global here.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

KH games have made themselves slightly more interesting to replay when you can pick from 2 or 3 worlds, depending on your preference for challenge, but these 'world rings' have a huge caveat that isn't worth it.

With a more fixed order of worlds, we can have the status quo change from level to level. This results in less filler, hopefully.

Good thing none of the Disney worlds so far are filler from what we have seen. They are all contributing to the plot one way or another. No second visits also helps.

kingsoraful

Awards
Good thing none of the Disney worlds so far are filler from what we have seen. They are all contributing to the plot one way or another. No second visits also helps.

The reason there's no second visits I think Nomura said is cause the worlds are so big.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

That’s true. Setting a specific order and requiring every world in the game to be played to reach the ending allows the original story to continue advancing throughout the film-based worlds. That really excites me.

On the flipside, every mention of online/DLC content makes me want to rip my hair out. I knew it was coming, but I was hoping they wouldn’t be talking about it already. I thought they’d at least wait until the base game was out, jeez.

Awards
If we play UX and KH3 we'll understand the deal with Marly?

Considering how UX is currently paced, I doubt it. It's a wonder that I even remember Lauriam.

Awards

That’s true. Setting a specific order and requiring every world in the game to be played to reach the ending allows the original story to continue advancing throughout the film-based worlds. That really excites me.

On the flipside, every mention of online/DLC content makes me want to rip my hair out. I knew it was coming, but I was hoping they wouldn’t be talking about it already. I thought they’d at least wait until the base game was out, jeez.

I'm glad the visits to Worlds are in a fixed order, this way, the story could continue on without any World feeling like filler, for example, choosing The Grid before Prankster's Paradise makes Sora's encounters with Xemnas in those Worlds feel like we accidentally pushed a foward and rewind button due to choosing either one before the other. As for what you said about DLC, Nomura said he doesn't know what the potential DLC would be like, and said that it could expand the ways the game plays, but he intends to finish the main game/main story before even doing any DLC, but I understand your concerns.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'd be so elated to see Big Hero 6 be debuted in the next trailer. However, Nomura's wording (based on the translations) seems to imply that Big Hero 6 can't be shown at Disney's request. And knowing Disney, they probably would want to save their most recent movie for last. However, if Nomura can indeed show off Big Hero 6 next time then I'm down for that.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd be so elated to see Big Hero 6 be debuted in the next trailer. However, Nomura's wording (based on the translations) seems to imply that Big Hero 6 can't be shown at Disney's request. And knowing Disney, they probably would want to save their most recent movie for last. However, if Nomura can indeed show off Big Hero 6 next time then I'm down for that.

While I also figured they’d save it for last, he said he thinks they’ll show it in the next trailer. If you don’t mind me asking, where are you getting the idea that he’s implying he can’t show it because of Disney’s request? I don’t see anything like that in the post. He said previously it hasn’t been shown simply because the cutscenes aren’t showable.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
While I also figured they’d save it for last, he said he thinks they’ll show it in the next trailer. If you don’t mind me asking, where are you getting the idea that he’s implying he can’t show it because of Disney’s request? I don’t see anything like that in the post. He said previously it hasn’t been shown simply because the cutscenes aren’t showable.

Well, from what we've seen so far, all of the Disney worlds shown off have been dictated by Disney in some capacity. Tangled and Big Hero 6 had a promotional video by Roy Conli, Toy Story was shown off for D23 2017 because the theme for the Level Up conference was Marvel (Spider-Man PS4), Star Wars (Star Wars Battlefront II) and Pixar (Kingdom Hearts III - Toy Story).

Sure, it's not in the post, but from the way that other worlds have been revealed, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Disney's being specific as to which worlds should be revealed when. I'm fully aware that Big Hero 6 was the last property chosen, but even as the last property chosen, it was Disney themselves that requested Square Enix to announce Big Hero 6 early (to promote the movie).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back